Good morning everyone

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Good morning everyone

Post by Major Thom »

Have not visited site for a while due to illness, (Not Covid). But now am ok again, rattling like mad on pills and potions but ok. Hope everyone is ok, and coping with any Covid problems. Now active again will follow the forum more often. Just what is the state with Covid in Luxor, we are hoping to holiday there in July (The JV). But at the present time we are still under restrictions, masks, safe passes, etc. Many business's are still getting €10,000 fines here for breaking Covid rules, and leaving and entering have still got rapid flow test etc in force. Even though are cases average 200 new per day and deaths 3 to 4 a day. What are the requirements for going to Luxor please? Both myself and wife are double vaccinated and had our boosters. Thx in advance for all replies.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Good morning everyone

Post by A-Four »

Thanks,or should I say thx, for putting a smile on my face knowing you are well, as you may know I don't have a PM system on here, but really pleased all is fine with you.

Best wishes to you and your wife. A-Four.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

@Major Thom

The only requirement for entering Egypt is proof of your vaccination….the EU pass in your case I imagine.

It’s also required to enter government buildings….not that this will bother you presumably.

Otherwise there’s little observance of the usual protocols relating to covid. In Hurghada some hotels ask to see your vaccination pass. I’ve no idea whether the Jolie Ville do.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Glad to hear your feeling better. Look at the UK gov web site it ells you all you need to know.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Both me and Lynne have 3 vaccine certificates and the EU safe pass on our phones so it looks like we will be able to visit this year after all. Thanks A4 for your well wishes, I have been under the consultant for a while now, but following procedure, feeling much better now and on the mend, following some long flights in succession needed some stents in my legs. Lynne had an operation last year but has recovered well. This is not a complaint, but the health authorities here will not let you go so easy, they only sign you off when 100% recovered. Any way thanks everyone for the information, we will maybe meet some of you this coming Autumn.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

Welcome back MT, glad you're better. We've missed your comments and look forward to the usual banter. I'm sure Newcastle agrees with me!!!
Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by Teddyboy »

Hello Choccy, and welcome back.
You will probably come across the sad news of Carrie's death as you sift through the recent pages. But I thought it might be useful to let you know specifically, just in case you missed it. Keep well.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

That's a shock TeddyBoy, last time I saw her she was really fit and well, thank you for letting me know.