Volcano

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Volcano

Post by carrie »

It must be terrifying for the people of La Palma island, the volcano seems to be increasing in it's ferocity. All the homes destroyed, businesses ruined I am just thankful that there has been no loss of life.
That being said I can't but think that the pictures of the lava flows at night are spectacularly beautiful.
What a puny lot we humans are when faced with the might of Mother Nature.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Volcano

Post by A-Four »

carrie wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:06 am What a puny lot we humans are when faced with the might of Mother Nature.
Well it seems Mother Nature had another act up her sleeve this morning at around 7-30 local time, which certainly put the fear of God into many people in Cairo, seems any similar effect was not felt in Upper Egypt.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Hardly surprising there was nothing felt in Upper Egypt. The epicentre of the quake was off the island of Rhodes.

But the residents of Cairo are right to be concerned....given the concentration of often poorly constructed tenements. Previous minor (in seismological terms) quakes have caused considerable damage and injuries.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

According to friends who live in Assuit, which happens to be the largest city in Upper Egypt, they certainly felt the effect on Tuesday morning,............but, then again, what do I know, I never look at someone's posts for keywords to just go through the Internet to add something they really know nothing about,.......now where have we seen that before. :wi .
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

@ A-Four
, seems any similar effect was not felt in Upper Egypt.

According to friends who live in Assuit, which happens to be the largest city in Upper Egypt, they certainly felt the effect on Tuesday morning,
Do try and get your story straight. Anyone would think you make it up as you go along :lol:
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I thought Luxor was the largest city in Upper Egypt with a population of 422,000 plus whilst Assuit has only 420,000.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

carrie wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:46 am I thought Luxor was the largest city in Upper Egypt with a population of 422,000 plus whilst Assuit has only 420,000.
Depends whether you’re living today.....or in the past :lol:
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

carrie wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:46 am I thought Luxor was the largest city in Upper Egypt with a population of 422,000 plus whilst Assuit has only 420,000.
This has to take the star prize on here, for the most pedantic statement ever written,.......by her,.......so far. :py :py :py :wi .
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

A-Four wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:00 am
This has to take the star prize on here, for the most pedantic statement ever written,.......by her,.......so far. :py :py :py :wi .
Oh dear......I think we all defer to you on that score! :)))
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Now Mount Aso in Japan has erupted. Where next?
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

newcastle wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:02 am @ A-Four
, seems any similar effect was not felt in Upper Egypt.

According to friends who live in Assuit, which happens to be the largest city in Upper Egypt, they certainly felt the effect on Tuesday morning,
Do try and get your story straight. Anyone would think you make it up as you go along :lol:
The reason why I updated my post was because an Egyptian friend owns a news agents here in Hove, (as I have previously written this area has a large Egyptian ex-pat community). When I told him of the earthquake, he inform me that the effect had been felt by his family in Assuit, therefore, I wondered if Luxor had suffered also.

As a rule on here, I simply can not be bothered to correct people, who seem to live on this site for God knows what reason.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

@ A-Four

Keep digging :lol:

You’d think someone with so much inside knowledge of Upper Egypt (allegedly) and its largest ( almost) city, would, at the very least, be able to spell its name (Anglicised version) correctly.

A-S-S-I-U-T......or maybe A-S-S-Y-U-T

:))) :)))
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

To be fair, the west bank of Egypt sits on a contiguous limestone plate, so there's little doubt any rumblings in one place on the WB would be felt in another.

These days I have little time for arguments, just settle it by agreeing with the person arguing. It's much easier that way. Smile and walk away. 😎
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I’m reminded of the maxim....

Sometimes it’s better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.