Sad or what?

A light-hearted section of Jokes - Text Games - Only In Egypt Photos and Videos - Brainteasers and General Fun Stuff to while away the spare minutes of your day.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Sad or what?

Post by newcastle »

My spam filter picks up 2 to 3 of these, and similar heart-rending garbage, every day.

Does anyone actually fall for these??

Surely if you're sane enough to be able to have an email account and have the mental capacity to be able to successfully switch on your device, you're beyond falling for such phishing scams. :urm:

DONATION! DONATION!! DONATION!!!

I'AM SUFFERING FROM CANCER !

Dear Friend,

Greetings to you in the name of God. I know it will be difficult for you to believe my story (you're right there madam!) but it is nothing but the real truth. I’m MRS. FREJYA RAGNVARD, and I have been suffering from ovarian cancer disease and the doctor says that I have just few days to leave. I am from (Paris) France, but based in Africa Burkina Faso since eight years ago as a business woman dealing with gold exportation and cotton Sales.

Now, that I am about to end the race like this, without any family members and no child. I have decided to donate the sum of $5.6Million American Dollars that is with the BANK OF AFRICA (B.O.A) Burkina Faso which I instructed the Bank to give St Andrews Missionary and Home Kizito Orphanage in Burkina Faso. But my mind is not at rest because I am writing this letter now through the help of my computer beside my sick bed.

I have instructed the bank to transfer by program the fund into an ATM MASTER VISA CARD ACCOUNT, That is if you ready to use the money for orphannage motherless home child without any failure, but you will assure me that you will take 50% of the fund and give 50% to the orphanages home in your country for my heart to rest in peace. Bear it in mind that every arrangement have made down. If really you are geniue and trustworth person, i want you to contact the BANK OF AFRICA here in Burkina Faso with your details information as it was stated below for the immediately delivery of the ATM MASTER VISA CARD parcel package that is with them without any delay. What you need to do, forward your Details Information to them now for the Program the said Funds into an ATM MASTER VISA CARD ACCOUNT and delivering it without any failure..

Please Contact the BANK OF AFRICA (BOA) Immediately for the shipment with the below information for more details: Here is the contact of the ATM MASTER VISA CARD DEPARTMENT OFFICE Burkina Faso Email Address: ( atmmastervisacardoffdeprtouagabf@financier.com )

Your Full names................
Your Country of origin................
Your Home Address:....................
Your Mobile Number;......................
Your ID Card or international passport;.....................
Your Age and Sex:................
Your Occupation:.................

Thank you and God bless you,

MRS. FREJYA RAGNVARD

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Re: Sad or what?

Post by Horus »

Too good to miss out on an offer like that :tk just sent her all my details plus my pin number which she forgot to ask for (probably because she is really ill). I am constantly amazed at the generosity of people like this lovely lady, bless her kind heart. :ks
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Long ago during a period of abysmal boredom, I decided to take on these scammers for amusement. After many weeks with one individual, me pretending to be a little lost wealthy girl, she, which was really a he that was supposedly residing in an internment camp in Nigeria, pretending to need someone just like me to administer her tribal chief of a fathers millions via my bank account, I gave over a catalogue of plausible details, name, address and bank account details of a bank in Switzerland. Needless to say, the excited correspondence stopped. I often wondered then if this individual had not only gone out and celebrated his hard fought for ''hook, line and sinker'' victim, had he actually attempted to access the bank account or sent me a letter to the false address in Devon that I gave. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote:Long ago during a period of abysmal boredom, I decided to take on these scammers for amusement. After many weeks with one individual, me pretending to be a little lost wealthy girl, she, which was really a he that was supposedly residing in an internment camp in Nigeria, pretending to need someone just like me to administer her tribal chief of a fathers millions via my bank account, I gave over a catalogue of plausible details, name, address and bank account details of a bank in Switzerland. Needless to say, the excited correspondence stopped. I often wondered then if this individual had not only gone out and celebrated his hard fought for ''hook, line and sinker'' victim, had he actually attempted to access the bank account or sent me a letter to the false address in Devon that I gave. :lol:
Maybe the next rainy afternoon we get....I'll try that ;)
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I actually know someone who fell for it, only cost her 34,000 english to learn her mistake.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

:lol: :lol: I bet we can all name a likely candidate :D
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

I often have laughs trawling through my junk mail.

I had one recently from a woman named Nikita, she started with "remember the hot sex we had last summer"

Of course i remember the sex, but my suspicion was raised with the "hot" part.

I remember it being quite a mild summer so there is no way it would have been hot, we barely had a day in the mid 20's here last summer.

She must have picked up the story from someone else and was trying to pass herself off as them! ;)
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I rarely get any "exotic" invitations :a7:

Almost always they are related to deceased customers of obscure African banks.

They die in such numbers I wonder whether they actually have any living customers left :urm:
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

newcastle wrote:I rarely get any "exotic" invitations :a7:

Almost always they are related to deceased customers of obscure African banks.

They die in such numbers I wonder whether they actually have any living customers left :urm:

Ive spotted the problem here - its you, your'e bloody bad luck!
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

newcastle wrote:
Dusak wrote:Long ago during a period of abysmal boredom, I decided to take on these scammers for amusement. After many weeks with one individual, me pretending to be a little lost wealthy girl, she, which was really a he that was supposedly residing in an internment camp in Nigeria, pretending to need someone just like me to administer her tribal chief of a fathers millions via my bank account, I gave over a catalogue of plausible details, name, address and bank account details of a bank in Switzerland. Needless to say, the excited correspondence stopped. I often wondered then if this individual had not only gone out and celebrated his hard fought for ''hook, line and sinker'' victim, had he actually attempted to access the bank account or sent me a letter to the false address in Devon that I gave. :lol:
Maybe the next rainy afternoon we get....I'll try that ;)
You would be amazed how many sites there are dedicated to scamming the scammers. One guy called Chris I think, hailed as the hero managing to get one of the scammers to send him $120. But this was nine years ago, things could be different now.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
FarleyFlavors

Post by FarleyFlavors »

There's a rather wonderful book called Delete This At Your Peril: The Bob Servant Emails in which the fictional Bob Servant corresponds with real email scammers. Irvine Welsh claimed it was "the funniest book ever".

(Bob Servant went on to appear in his own BBC sitcom, played by Brian Cox).
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

phpBB [video]
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Brilliant, :lol: you can also have a similar amount of fun with the Indian scammers who ring you up about a problem with your PC, I keep them on the line for ages. :up :D
Ruby Slippers
United Kingdom

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Thanks, Newcastle! I can't stop grinning now! :lol:
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Great Newcastle :lol:
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

I agree the video is very funny, but since when did TED become a launchpad for nerdy posh kids career's in comedy ? :ct
replying to scammers is a really dumb idea, and I do not suggest anyone tries to copy this kid, or you can end up in a whole new world of pain. 8)
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

John Landon wrote:I agree the video is very funny, but since when did TED become a launchpad for nerdy posh kids career's in comedy ? :ct
replying to scammers is a really dumb idea, and I do not suggest anyone tries to copy this kid, or you can end up in a whole new world of pain. 8)
I totally agree. "Hit delete" is the only sensible option.

But it was funny :lol:
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

" I actually know someone who fell for it, only cost her 34,000 english to learn her mistake"

When there really is more than one 'dumb-arse born every day, that keeps these spammers spamming.... 8)
Ps: It's only greed that feeds them....the suckers/punters that is.
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Well they must find a nutter occasionally or they would stop. :roll:
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member