Mall of Egypt + Snow Park

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Mall of Egypt + Snow Park

Post by HEPZIBAH »

From CAIROSCENE

MALL OF EGYPT IS FINALLY OPENING ON MARCH 2ND AND IT HAS THE COUNTRY'S FIRST EVER INDOOR SNOW PARK
15/02/2017
Egypt is about to become home to one of the biggest malls in the Middle East and North Africa, which comes complete with a snow park and ski slope.

Majid Al Futtaim gears up to launch its latest venture, Mall of Egypt on March 2nd in 6th of October city on Al Wahat Road. The mall is a mammoth 6.3 EGP billion project that will redefine the way you spend your leisure time - scratch that, it’s going to make you want to apply for early retirement.

Spanning 400,000 square meters, 165,000 of which are dedicated to shopping, the two-story complex will also house the country’s first VOX movie theatres as well as an indoor snow park and ski slope at Ski Egypt. The VOX Cinemas will be home to a whopping 21 screens, including 4DX technology, which essentially means your viewing experience is incredibly enhanced with effects such as moving seats, wind, rain fog, lights, and scents. Going to the movies will literally never be the same again. And we can't know for sure but if Ski Dubai is anything to go by, we can expect penguins any day now...

In addition, it will feature the country’s very first branch of popular edutainment centre franchise Little Explorers and a Magic Planet amusement arcade - Generation 2.0 no less, the very latest version of it. Mall of Egypt will also come complete with a Carrefour hypermarket so you never ever have to run out of cat food, as well as 6,500 parking spaces so you'll always find a place to park your car while you shop for your cat food. Because Whiskers needs his nomnom.

With original entertainment concepts and some of the world's most exciting dining and shopping outlets, Mall of Egypt is set to become a regional attraction. But, most importantly, it'll give your life meaning and purpose.

Check out Majid Al Futtaim on Facebook and Instagram!

http://www.cairoscene.com/Buzz/Mall-of- ... -Snow-Park

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Re: Mall of Egypt + Snow Park

Post by hatusu »

Catching up with Luxor at last ..............
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

In Cairo there used to be an indoor ski slope with "snow" on it. There was a display of ice sculpture too As the temperature was -10C protective clothing was mandatory. I think the name was Snow City, it was on the main road from the Al Hussein area to the airport, on the right hand side.

Nearly 20 years ago I had four children on holiday in Cairo with me during a July heat wave, they spent three hours every morning on the slope, back for lunch and a siesta then we hit the theme parks until they closed just after midnight. A great time was had by all. 8)
Smile! It confuses people
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Not knocking it as it looks to be a great place, but with all the power shortages in upper Egypt it does seem a tad ostentacious for Cairo to using so much electricity to make a ski slope. :urm:
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Perhaps they should build one in Luxor as an alternative tourist option!

I remember going to a snow sculpture exhibition in Brugges just before my first visit to Egypt. The largest exhibition hall was on an Egyptian theme.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Latest conspiracy theories claim we are going into a new ice age by 2030... :ct
Those pyramids would make great ski slopes.... :up
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Before the big new Thebes development when the land there was practically being given away, I did a feasibility study on developing in Luxor a theme park similar to the Dream Park in Cairo, which was newly opened and very successful.

At that time Dream Park was right out in the desert, standing in complete isolation, in only a few years urban development came right to their doorstep delivering a huge amount of customers. The attractions were mostly water themed, but of course it was largely recycled, there was also a a go-cart circuit. The facilities for parents were excellent, very subtle - for example there was a nice shady coffee shop with shishas and a discrete cool bougainvillea covered place where the children could be watched while parents kept out of the sun. Admission which was expensive, approx. £12 sterling a head included a lunch box, or a voucher for a discount on the 5* restaurant. I worked it out that the entry fee gave very little profit - but the sale of swimwear etc, snacks and drinks had a huge mark up and have allowed the park to be very successful.

PS I was also asked to do a feasibility study on making a Crocodile Park in Luxor. The idea came from a French chap who was associated with one in France that used warm water from a power station for the reptiles. Didn't take many minutes for that idea to be shot down in flames. ;)
Smile! It confuses people