Don & Mel.

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Re: Don & Mel.

Post by Teddyboy »

Whatever his characteristics, I'm shocked at the ill will and apparent death wishes displayed on here directed towards a man who is quite possibly very seriously ill. But, of course, I forget that this is the friendly forum, or so I've been repeatedly told. Heaven help us!

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

No death wishes from me but I certainly wish him ill will.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Teddyboy wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:57 am Whatever his characteristics, I'm shocked at the ill will and apparent death wishes displayed on here directed towards a man who is quite possibly very seriously ill. But, of course, I forget that this is the friendly forum, or so I've been repeatedly told. Heaven help us!

Death wishes?? Come off it! You’ve caught the Trump-hyperbole virus :lol:

Ill will? I’ll put my hand up to that.....at least to the extent that any incapacity wrecks his chances of being re-elected.

Sorry Teddyboy. I can’t muster any sympathy for a guy who pulls the obvious publicity stunt of a drive past his supporters in a hermetically-sealed car, whilst highly infectious, to the possible detriment of his secret service attendees equipped with minimal PPE.

I noticed many of his rabid supporters weren’t wearing masks or socially distancing either. No great surprise there.....and I won’t be shedding any tears if they succumb to COVID-19...
Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by Teddyboy »

"You’ve caught the Trump-hyperbole virus"

No, I was sure that I'd read something yesterday which inferred that whoever wrote it hoped that he wouldn't recover. Must have dreamt it, sorry.

Mind you, I'm never surprised at a country voting a government into power, and then the opposition claiming that the poll was wrong. Boris's landslide being a case in point. Of course the ignorant lower classes (or rednecks in you're American) cannot be trusted to vote intelligently, those in England even voted to leave Europe, for heaven's sake!
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I always thought that Don & Boris would be a fun few years for a few years, then came covid.
I never knew just how much Bindon's mob were spending double Don's boys.

I always thought we were in for another 4 years of the Orange prick, perhaps 'big business ain't
to happy with Don.

I'm sure it's all bullsh*t, it's part of bullsh*t theatre politics, it's just that Covid the sh*t
poked it's head up and spoilt everything.

I do like the idea it was all a Chinese World plot, let's face it they have been at it for years and years.
Colonising on the quiet I call it, but who doesn't like a Chinese ?

"We are facing a disaster friends, unemployment, homelessness,
and deaths on a scale that you really won't believe,
they were warned but who the f*** listens ? ... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

DJKeefy wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:43 pm Am I the only one who likes Trump :sd
No, it's just an 'itsy-bitsy-teenie-weenie orange minoriti'
The latest Pew research shows that only 19% of Britons have confidence in Trump.... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

What do Brits think of Donald Trump?

This verbatim statement from John Cleese (of Monty Python), sums it up clearly:

“My American friends are asking me about President Trumps’s observation that the British ‘like him’.

I regret this is quite unfounded.

The explanation for this canard is that Trump is pronoid.

Pronoid is the opposite of paranoid. A paranoid person thinks, without any basis in reality, that everybody is out to get them. A pronoid person is someone who thinks, without any basis in reality, that everybody likes them.

The fact is that the British loathe Donald Trump.

This is because he is the polar opposite of a ‘ Gentleman ‘, who has qualities the British admire. A fine example is Gareth Southgate.

To the British, a ‘ Gentleman ' is a man who is modest, well-mannered, self deprecating, quietly intelligent, considerate of other people’s feeling, and well-informed.

He is not vulgar, inflated, vain, boastful, noisily ignorant, sleazy and common as muck.

I hope this clears up any confusion.”
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Who2 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:10 pm
DJKeefy wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:43 pm Am I the only one who likes Trump :sd
No, it's just an 'itsy-bitsy-teenie-weenie orange minoriti'
The latest Pew research shows that only 19% of Britons have confidence in Trump.... 8)
:a74: :a74: :a74:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:10 pm
Bit of an odd criterion.....”confidence”?

Why would Britons have- or not have - confidence in the president of another democracy?

True....he can do a lot of damage to the world in all sorts of ways. But I fail to see in what way one we could expect him to save the world or be overly concerned about his policies notwithstanding that America is the wealthiest and most powerful nation on the planet.

Voters in America may, or may not, have confidence in Trump.

The vast majority of Brits know little about his policies and care less. They see him “performing” on TV and read his Tweets.

These alone form the basis of the view of most Britons on Trump.....and possibly explains why it’s generally negative.