The Labour Party Election

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

The Labour Party Election

Post by Who2 »

Well I have just voted for Jeremy as he has been our MP for over 30 years I have no problem with him, his views or his integrity, which has never been in doubt.

This Labour party attempted coup will show them how much we dislike their machinations and Jeremy will again be elected with a landslide. For sure..... 8)

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Re: The Labour Party Election

Post by Horus »

The problem is Dr that regardless of how principled he is the country as a whole will never vote in a Labour Party with him as leader. He may have lots of support within the Labour supporters rank and file, but nationwide he has no chance, he is seen as too left wing. Most of his support is coming from ‘Momentum’ which is a party within a party, a front for the far left and a vehicle for ousting those opposed to the Corbyn revolution. They drum up a lot of support from members of unions such as ‘Unite’ which is composed mainly of lower paid workers and while their policies may go down well with those people they have an almost zero chance of being elected with him as leader, If Teresa May went to the polls today the Tory Party would win with a landslide.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Politics today has little to do with integrity.

It's all about "appearance".

If Labour wants to choose a leader (i.e. prospective Prime Minister) who looks like he'd be more at ease flogging 'The Big Issue', they won't be troubling the Tories anytime soon.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Memories of Michael Foot spring to mind. :stp
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Horus wrote:Memories of Michael Foot spring to mind. :stp
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

His integrity Who? Didn't he speak out against being member of the EU then when the crunch came change his mind, where were his convictions then?
He also seems to be changing his opinion about Trident.
I have been a life long Labour supporter but would never vote for him, I admired Michael Foot and Tony Benn was a wonderful speaker but like Corbyn none of them could lead the Labour party in a general election to a victory.
At the moment he can't even lead an effective opposition party. :(
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Have to agree about Tony Benn as a speaker, I never liked his politics, but listening to him speak was another matter, for some strange reason he seemed to make sense, especially if you listened to his ‘Diaries’ when they were serialised on the radio some time ago.
The biggest embarrassment was Michael Foot turning up at that ceremony at the Cenotaph wearing a green duffel coat whilst every other world leader was wearing a dark suit, utterly embarrassing and disrespectful, I can imagine Corbyn doing something similar.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

And all that facial hair...... :o

What would the Iron Lady have made of it.

Not that I've anything against beards....oh no...not for a moment. I know people who have them....perfectly nice chaps ( and women).... nothing like Peter Sutcliffe....or Rasputin .
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

There is a bit of a furore at the moment over a picture that Corbyn released showing him sitting on the floor of an overcrowded Virgin train. Virgin have hit back showing video footage of him passing through a carriage with plenty of empty seats, some were reserved, but some were empty. Later he moved back to the same carriage and sat in one of the empty seats. Probably the only one of his policies I would agree with is to re-nationalise the railways, not by one expensive immediate takeover, but rather to pick up the various franchises as they come up for renewal.
Stevepj

Post by Stevepj »

Can't say I can ever respect a man who held a minutes silence for eight dead IRA terrorists ambushed by the SAS while on ther way to blow up a police station.
Stevepj

Post by Stevepj »

Horus wrote:Memories of Michael Foot spring to mind. :stp
Compared with Corbyn Foot was an intellectual and political giant. Corbyn is a two Es at A level and North London Poly man who until last year had spent three decades on the back benches (for obvious reasons) while Foot read PPE at Oxford and was president of the Oxford Union. We edited Tribune and The Evening Standard (aged 28) and was Secretary of Employment under Wilson. Foot was a great orator which is something you can't accuse Corbyn of being.
What the Corbynistas see in this IRA, Hamas and Hezbollah supporting man is beyond me. :ni:
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Believe whatever bull-**** you wish to read or believe,
He and our very, very rich 'Islingtonians have voted him in for over 30 years on his integrity, and most wanna-be politicians who have lived in Islington also voted for him as well.
Why ? because he served his constituents well..
and that includes the rich & the poor in Islington which has the largest area of social housing in the whole of London.

So f*ck you and your 'poncey ideas & answers we will see what the common- man want's in a leader..
And you will probably all demand another f**kin referendum, get in touch with the common man for christ-sake before it's to late!...

He' want's what the people want, so go f*ck your political views, you are so well out of touch, Just you wait and see.... 8)

Ps: And I won't even told you. but I told you so months ago.....
Sophocles.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Sorry George, I have deleted your rant, by all means have an opinion but don't resort to telling members to go **** themselves when they don't agree with you.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Thought you lived in Luxor Dr. How can you vote if you do not live in the Country or is it because it's not a general election
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Major Thom wrote:Thought you lived in Luxor Dr. How can you vote if you do not live in the Country or is it because it's not a general election
Ever heard of a postal vote...even in a general election?

Generally speaking, you don't have to be resident to vote.

Just as you don't have to be resident in Egypt to make idiotic posts.....apparently.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I'm not and never have been a resident even though I have tried.
I am a tourist on my holidays always was and probably always will be... 8)
Sorry about the rant it was late and after a very well attended dinner party with mucho alcohol....
Sophocles.
Stevepj

Post by Stevepj »

Horus wrote:There is a bit of a furore at the moment over a picture that Corbyn released showing him sitting on the floor of an overcrowded Virgin train. Virgin have hit back showing video footage of him passing through a carriage with plenty of empty seats, some were reserved, but some were empty. Later he moved back to the same carriage and sat in one of the empty seats. Probably the only one of his policies I would agree with is to re-nationalise the railways, not by one expensive immediate takeover, but rather to pick up the various franchises as they come up for renewal.
All this fuss over a virgin berth. Sorry. :D
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

newcastle wrote:
Just as you don't have to be resident in Egypt to make idiotic posts.....apparently.
Yet another ugly comment to discourage members from contributing to this, once great forum. :stp .
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

A-Four wrote:
newcastle wrote:
Yet another ugly comment to discourage members from contributing to this, once great forum. :stp .
Thank you for proving my point :wi
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

You get used to it A4, in the same way you get out of a proper routine living in Luxor.