Luxor court gives death sentence to gangster El-Hamboly

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Luxor court gives death sentence to gangster El-Hamboly

Post by DJKeefy »

Luxor gangster famous for kidnapping two hot air balloons of tourists has been sentenced to death for killing a gas station employee.

A Luxor criminal court has sentenced Yasser El-Hamboly, the famous Upper Egyptian gangster, and four members of his gang to death.

The court sentenced El-Hamboly to death for killing a gas station worker. He was also sentenced to 45 years in jail in five separate cases.

El-Hamboly, who has a long criminal record in Upper Egypt and has received many other sentences from past cases, some of them for life, was among the criminals that escaped from Cairo's Abu Zabaal prison in the early days of the 25 January 2011 uprising. After a year on the run, he was later found and arrested in January 2012.

Despite being well-known in Upper Egypt, especially in Luxor governorate, El-Hamboly became famous in the media after he and his armed gang kidnapped two hot air balloons full of tourists in order to demand the release of his brother, who was in prison at the time for killing a jeweller.

Source: http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/105936.aspx

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Luxor court gives death sentence to gangster El-Hamboly

Post by Who2 »

So the 'lioness of the desert' soon will be no-more, he was quite a character so friends tell me, robbing the rich & giving to the poor, besides other mad things, his cousin turned outlaw Abu Hamza used to work for Hod Hod Soloman years before, he was gut-shot whilst handcuffed.
One must understand that Upper Egypt and Sinia has been an outlaw and bandit country for eons run on tribal rules.
Yasser El-Hamboly (PBUH)...:cool:
Ps: A balloon pilot reported seeing a hidden collection of stolen cars in the sugar cane so they had a pop at the company not, Hod Hod I hasten to add.
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Interesting thing! was they laid a 'honey trap for Abu Hamza in my village with a 'shamooter, after being surrounded he escaped in just his pants and flip-flops knowing my village, ran down the street through an alley and hid in my back garden and was then rescued by a passing samaritan given new flip flops and galabiya then sent on his way back to Hadda Dean only there to be 'nicked.
He was only a little chap, used also to sell veggies, they shot him with an ak47.
Moral of this story is:
If you cross to the dark side, and marry a bird from Zenia and her bro is a gangsta ?
Expect trouble..... :cool:
Note: My alibi ? I was in blighty at the time of this escapade.
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Even in absentia you can still attract the 'in crowd' Doctor. :D
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.