Me and my King vs The Post Office

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Me and my King vs The Post Office

Post by Who2 »

When I was 9 my uncle 'rodders was MD of Harrods, the point was..big point...

I was once asked whilst playing to leave the toy department on a Sunday, so Prince Charles (big ears) could play,
'it's left it's mark' ptsd I reckon.
Anyhow Charles is a scorpio same day as me, saw his Mum twice, she ignored me more ptsd...

So,now as King I need to write to him to ask him to remove the bestowed title of Royal from the Mail.
It's a local thing as Mount Pleasant is just round the corner and a local institution, pubs posties get the drift?

Diagonally to Mount P (which incidentally was once a prison) was the Old Penny Black now The Clerkenwell Tavern
1850 ish.

Post and the workforce around here are 'part and parcel of this Manor.
But The Royal Mail is and has been a 'private company for some time,
that's why they have built 680 expensive apartments out the back and 'buggered up the rest of The Royal Mail.

So here we go..
"Dear Sire"

May I humbly suggest..
"Remove one's digit, it's the right time, finger up the bum stuff and remove the Royal from The Royal Mail.

'I have the honour to be, Sir, Your Majesty's most umble and obedient servant'.

What do you think good or what ? and I never mention he married a lookalike to his Mum. 8)

Ps: Matt & Lindsey will be Ch4 news tonight, they were in C Kick lunchtime...
Pss: Simona has gone to Italy this weekend and I'm playing her stratocaster,
and cooking BBQ smokey pork ribs....lol

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Re: Me and my King vs The Post Office

Post by John Landon »

Well, I didnt know that it had all been privatised. I was told years ago by my mate who was a postie, that the rozzers were not allowed to pull him over whilst driving his postman pat van, as it was the Queens mail.
Maybe Charlie boy has Oedipus complex ? :tk

Stratocaster or Les Paul, ? always a tricky one for me to choose my favourite. Horses for courses, it all depends on the sound you are trying to acheive.

I'm going to see Eric Clapton soon, a master of both guitars, courtesy of my Daughter who bought me 2 tickets..
But, she not stupid, she knew my wife wouldn't want to go, so has claimed the other ticket and of course, free transoprt to and from the gig, courtesey of Dad.. :cg

Clever girl.. 8)
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

A few of us went to the Marque to see an unknown called Jimi, I was about 17 or 18 at the time.
The place as usual a sh*thole, sweat running down the walls, but was full of serious musicians, to full but to mention.

I mean Kieth Richards and Brian even Townshend and Clapton, Richie something from Deep Purple,
all accompanied by their fashionable girlfriends.
I was with my mate Jeff and his mad model 'bird Celia.
The frizzy haired 'halfchat on stage played the same guitar as Jeff, a white Fender Stratocaster.

Me:"He's taking the 'proverbial, I reckon!"
Jeff: "Wait!"

I had seen Jeff play his 'strat whilst it laid on the table in front of him, not even bothering to lift it off,
totally stunning...
But the Marque was unusually quiet that night except for him and his Stratocaster.... 8)

Ps: I never had the patience to play any instrument properly, having tried a few..
it was easier to befriend rock stars than be one, besides they had better drugs..'just saying!
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

An original 1956 Stratocaster once sold for £60k,
Simona's Korean copy about £500 quid.... 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sophocles.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Jeff Beck was aewsome, and an inspiration to many of the legends from the past, including Ritchie Blackmore, who certainly "borrowed" some of Jeff's techniques..
Jeff could make the guitar sound like nothing I have ever heard before.
Hi Ho Silver Lining, still one of my favourite songs, and Over the Rainbow is monumental in its delivery.

The summer of 1967, loved that Song Hi Ho silver lining, it would be in my head while running around the fields and down by the river, locally known as the Beck, ( Arckle Beck ) having a picnic.

I was always a big Ritchie Blackmore fan, once he left Deep Purple and setup his own band, Rainbow.
In his concerts, the opening tune was Over the Rainbow..
The bad was better when the late Great Cozy Powell joined for the second album.
Many a long eveing spent listening to his albums, loving the music, infact Long Live Rock and Roll is a great album that tells a story, as many do..

Years later, I now find myself living in a little village to the west of Wrexham in an area called Rhosddu, Rhosddu means Black Moor in Welsh.. Catch the Rainbow, still one of my favourite songs, that went from a quite song to a rock classic after Cozy joined the band..
Cozy died in a car crash in a SAAB 9000 CSE Anniversay, of which I have owned 2.

I was a bit luckier than Cozy in one of my other SAAB 9000's one day heading over the mountains to work..
They thought I was dead, and no one came to scene and just looked on from above.., but I came round about half an hour later. as the paramedics turned up. :br

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

When my wife and I bought our 1st terrace in Aylesford, a great old Kent village,
another village resident was a black guy called Cisco who I knew from 'the "who'd-av thought' it days"
down in Headcorn..

I went over to his for a drink one night, and Jeff was there sitting on the floor smoking, I mean when I look back,
and, besides all that he loved cars and I liked racing them and occasionally stealing them.

We had a pub over the road called The Little Gem and it was', I hear it's just reopened.
Sunday nights we had a wind up Gramophone connected to a PA you could't move...
They say it was the smallest pub in England, not the way we packed it out...

Donavon came down to the "Who'd a few times he wanted Jeff on "Barabajagal,
easy to wind Jeff up he really disliked HiHo...'I loved it as a teenager in 60's SoHo...

I really should write a book, I said before,I tried, but I'm really a lazy sod.... 8)

PS; Another pal, another Geoff my sensei and drummer. but who's the man with him ?

Pss: Donavon's pal Gyp Mills was always carrying and dealing every band knew him, and Norman Pilcher
nicked them 1st, then the Stones the Beatles ect.. "bloody memory once started....
I really should write a book, Who said that?
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

What is it with drummers ?
They come and go like 'underpants, always weirdos. I nearly once had a fight with that nutter Ginger Baker
in Regents Street (off his face) and once stole Mitch Mitchell's Peavy Amp right off stage,
he owed me money, Eric Snowball gave me £100 quid for it, well it was a early american import.

I watched Mooney, many tines when I was a mad Mod but never met him,
and Phil Collins once gave me a baseball cap emblazoned 'Buster after filming.

Geoff could stand on his kit and play them with his 'arse facing the audience..'really!

Amazing what one's fingers can do and find out!.... 8)

https://bid.omegaauctions.co.uk/auction ... 15232&sd=1
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Blimey there is some amazing footage here of Geoff and Wings when they where down on Juniors Farm,
totally amazing footage. Geoff got sacked, he got his leg-over Lynda but did return from Tennessee with
the karate fighting speed taking county prosecutor.

It changed him but karate came 1st he now lives in Spain I believe..
When McCartney lived over in `Peasmarsh, I lived in Rye my mate 'the diver did a scam on
McCartney involving signed moody albums.

we were skint just another idea...it didn't work.. 8)

Start at 25min in..

Ps: Geoff's Dad was a pretty good tailor down Lee High Street, Geoff drove fast motorbikes loved films..
he also loved fighting..to him it was all a skill to be learnt..
Sophocles.