Terminal 2 Heathrow

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Terminal 2 Heathrow

Post by crewmeal »

With all the problems at Terminal 2, has anyone experienced difficulity checking in luggage for the Egyptair Cairo flights and not receiveing it the other end?

More so what's the waiting time in terminal 2 arrivals for the luggage off the Egyptair flights? I hope this chaos is sorted in the next month when the real holidays start.

hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Re: Terminal 2 Heathrow

Post by hatusu »

Crewmeal I have cousins from America flying into Heathrow later today. I will let you know later if they had any .problems.
Chris
Egypt

Post by Chris »

I flew into T2 three weeks ago. The immigration and baggage halls were completely deserted except for the staff. It took only 7 minutes to exit the plane and get to baggage reclaim. I had no problems with luggage.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

The general advice at the moment is...if you have to fly, and your flight is actually still scheduled, fly with hand luggage only.
Having seen photographs of some of the UK airports baggage chaos I think there are going to be some bargains soon in lost luggage auctions.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Came through terminal 5 yesterday no problem.

On the train up to London sat opposite a couple of B.A. Flight crews, had a chat about problems with terminal 2 and 3, I was told that the biggest problem there was that the likes of Easijet etc, are not getting their flight to either take off or land on time, so if they miss their departure or landing slots it's too bad, simply because all real schedule flights take priority. This then creates even bigger problems for the budget airlines at the end of the day, being that often their planes and crew are not even in the right country for the next early morning flights.

Heathrow and Gatwick are not alone with this huge problem, I am told the problem is Europe-wide, caused mainly by budget airlines.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Considering Easyjet don’t fly from Heathrow I’m surprised they cause a problem at any terminal :ct

The current problems at airports, and with fight cancellations, has been explained ad nauseam in numerous press articles.

The Covid-19 pandemic led to the laying off of airport staff and cabin crew….and it will take a while to re-employ many because of security checks and the fact that many have found alternative employment…better paid and with more sociable hours. The problem has been more severe with some airlines/airports than others.

It’s not necessarily a problem associated with budget carriers either. Whilst Easyjet and TUI have massacred their summer schedules, Ryanair has suffered relatively little in the way of cancellations.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

A-Four wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:40 pm Came through terminal 5 yesterday no problem.

On the train up to London sat opposite a couple of B.A. Flight crews, had a chat about problems with terminal 2 and 3, I was told that the biggest problem there was that the likes of Easijet etc, are not getting their flight to either take off or land on time, so if they miss their departure or landing slots it's too bad, simply because all real schedule flights take priority. This then creates even bigger problems for the budget airlines at the end of the day, being that often their planes and crew are not even in the right country for the next early morning flights.

Heathrow and Gatwick are not alone with this huge problem, I am told the problem is Europe-wide, caused mainly by budget airlines.

I suppose I did not make it clear that my conversation was regarding both Heathrow and Gatwick,............Ah well, Still jet lagged. :wi .
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I forgot to mention that the suggestion that budget airlines somehow receive a lower priority in terms on landing slots etc. is pure BS.

Budget airlines are generally cheaper because they eliminate ( or charge) for the frills you might otherwise get….and often use airports with lower usage fees.

It’s been very noticeable recently that KLM has had a dreadful record with regard to delays and cancellations compared to many of its budget competitors….caused primarily by staff shortages.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

The general advice at the moment is...if you have to fly, and your flight is actually still scheduled, fly with hand luggage only.
I can't see many travelling to Luxor with hand luggage only. I will pack some clothes in my hand luggage but for a 3 week stay you'll need a suitcase. Also I'll ensure my medication is with me at all times.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

crewmeal wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:51 pm https://news.sky.com/story/ryanair-chie ... s-12637737

He has a good point.
Indeed he has!

We’ve yet to experience the much heralded “ golden uplands” that Brexit would bring…according to its supporters.

Oh Horus….wherefore art thou? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I recently received my spanking new. blue passport. It’s a start I suppose.

And I rarely visit Europe so am not bothered by the advent of visas, restrictions on how long I might stay or the prospect of roaming charges.

Immigration was never an issue for me. Just as well as it seems to be reaching record levels.

But we’ll soon be shipping off those pesky boat people to Rwanda…albeit at an eye-watering cost per person.