Travelling to UK

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Travelling to UK

Post by hatusu »

I returned to the UK yesterday the usual Monday direct flight (only an hour late departing.........)
Just wanted to let others travelling in the near future that I was still asked to show covid jab certificates. I showed them proof of my no 3 vaccination, but they also wanted to see proof of my 2 previous ones. Luckily I had the certificates with me, but I was a little surprised.
Getting through to the waiting lounge was a bit of an ordeal too, with 3 separate checks opening up luggage each time in long queues, shoes off and pat downs. I would expect once,but 3? I found it quite stressful.
The plane itself was very old - the very small Tv screen was 4 rows in front of me, and about the size of a laptop, so impossible to watch anything on it (and no choice). Resorted to my kindle to pass the time.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Travelling to UK

Post by newcastle »

Looks like the news that UK has dropped its covid requirements for entry has been a bit slow in reaching Luxor. :lol:

Did you query why they were asking? Is it a requirement of Egyptair? After all, airlines can set their own rules irrespective of the rules of the destination.

Or, perhaps, it could be that they required proof of vaccination or test simply to enter the airport….as they do , I believe, with government offices.

They certainly no longer ask for covid status on departing Hurghada for UK……but the “security” ordeal is much the same, if not worse.
crewmeal
Top Member
Top Member

Post by crewmeal »

The plane itself was very old - the very small Tv screen was 4 rows in front of me, and about the size of a laptop, so impossible to watch anything on it (and no choice).
It's time Egyptair used their newer aircraft on the London route. Those 737s have been used for years and definately in need refurbishing or changed to the newer Airbus. I agree there is no proper inflight entertainment or charging facilites on the older frames. The 777's are certainly in need of a refurb.

I see the Dublin route startrs next month using the latest Airbus 321.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

crewmeal wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:36 pm
The plane itself was very old - the very small Tv screen was 4 rows in front of me, and about the size of a laptop, so impossible to watch anything on it (and no choice).
It's time Egyptair used their newer aircraft on the London route. Those 737s have been used for years and definately in need refurbishing or changed to the newer Airbus. I agree there is no proper inflight :cryentertainment or charging facilites on the older frames. The 777's are certainly in need of a refurb.

I see the Dublin route startrs next month using the latest Airbus 321.
When I flew to Cairo from Heathrow last year we had a brand new Dreamliner (787). Very nice….but I couldn’t work out the range of inflight options. Apparently, it’s all on the touch screen in front of you…..as I discovered later :oops: