COP 27

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

COP 27

Post by Who2 »

Well that's it all done for this year, blah,blah,blah.

Next Year Egypt......ahhhh!
"So having come out of a disneyfied extravaganza in the worlds largest open air museum
straight into COP27..'kaboom ...... That should be even more fun and chaos, wonder
if they will use Luxor, I mean all those activists.

Your views welcome... 8)

Ps: We are sending over Jeremy's bro, Piers (mad) Corbyn.

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: COP 27

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:38 pm

Next Year Egypt......That should be even more fun and chaos, wonder
if they will use Luxor, I mean all those activists.

Your views welcome... 8)

It’s Sharm el Sheikh....as usual.

Luxor’s ramshackle collection of hotels wouldn’t accommodate the world’s elite.

I bet they’re painting the curb stones and poisoning the baladi dogs as we speak.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Another excuse to pollute the planet for a meeting about saving the planet.
There's a savage irony to all of this. The yanks few in air force 1 2 and 3 plus a plane for all the hangers on and a transport plane for all the president's gas guzzling car cavalcade, motorways sealed off with armed police at every junction. Greta would be having a raging tantrum if she knew.

Glasgow was in turmoil, but the hotel's were charging up to 700 quid a night ! That's 10 X the normal rate.
One of my mates had to take 2 weeks off work because he could not get in to Glasgow.

We have been touring Scotland this week, currently staying a few miles outside of Saint Andrews. Loveley place and fascinating story. 😎

We visited the west end while in Glasgow where we used to live back in the early 80's. The museum and art galleries was encircled with a 10 foot fence and reinforced with concrete blocks for the last 2 weeks. This was because some dignitaries ate there one night.

Meanwhile my old AMG CLK mercedes I have restored has put in a faultless performance this last week and 1500 miles, averaging over 50 mpg ! That's 15 mpg more than a hybrid car Greta. So I'm using less resources than a hybrid. 😎

Back to Wales tomorrow via Edinburgh. Had a wonderful week for my birthday celebrations.

I'll see if I can pick up my bus pass on Monday.
The way diesel prices are going, I will be needing it .

It's going to be fun in Sharm for cop 27.
Isnt that one of Tony B Liars favourite places ? Close to the promised land. 🤔
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

I was in the Oxford services next to the M40 the other day charging my car and noticed the cost of diesel was £1.69.9 with petrol £1.65.9 per litre. I'm aware that motorway costs are a lot more but this is taking the 'juice' as far as I'm concerned.

John I'm glad you had a great time in bonnie Scotland, it's a shame you timed it around that debacle of a waste of time and energy known as COP 26.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

I would never buy fuel at any motorway station. I plan my journeys carefully. My car can get about 800 miles on a tankful if I'm careful on the motorway, but less than 300 if I go into total nutter mode.. 😁
Loved seeing all the EV points in operation at Gretna green, last time I was there in 2018 just one Tesla using the charging points.

I do hope to be able to afford an electric car very soon, I am looking into leasing costs for something that will fit the bill. I do 400 miles a week commuting so about 2000 miles a month in total with all the driving I do.
I'm a real fan of EV's and love counteracting all the arguments the luddites have about EV's online.

I'm just back after a long drive from ST Andrews via Edinburgh to visit my brother in law.

The whole trip was great, of course it was cold and rained a lot, however, I'm one of those people who can find the diamonds out of the rain... 😎
Last night I was in a luxury suite in a rural hotel, and in the pitch black, the stars were amazing. Watched Sirius rising in the evening, then Arcturus rising at about 5 am, and a couple of shooting stars.

I am now a Lord of Glencoe after I officially signed the document on 11/12021 that my brother bought for me for my birthday on Sunday. 😎

The moneys paid for the small part of land I own in Glencoe goes into the conservation of the area, and some trees to be planted.

Back to COP 26. I wonder how many trade deals were discussed under the table... 🤔
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

There was sod all on TV over the weekend so I ended up paying some attention to the shenanigans in Glasgow.

Predictably, Greta and her climate acolytes have written it off as a waste of time. Perhaps their expectations were far too high. Maybe they’ve forgotten that when global warming was first discussed to any great degree - 30 plus years ago - scientists were talking about 5-6 degrees over pre-industrial levels.

Although the Paris target of 1.5 degrees looks unlikely to materialise, at least the forecast of 2.5 leaves us with some hope. The next decade will be crucial.

At least the world seems to be on the same page as far as the problem is concerned, even if most countries are unwilling to take the drastic measures which the scientists tell us are necessary to stave off the consequences of a temperature rise >1.5

India’s weasel- worded adjustment ( regarding coal) to the communique - at the 11th hour - was pathetic and pointless. The sheer economics of coal v other sources of energy will drive them to end their reliance on this, the most damaging of fossil fuels.

Eventually.

All in all, as far as I can ascertain, COP26 achieved no more, nor less, than one could have expected.

Doing nothing...abandoning attempts to arrest pollution of the atmosphere,....would be infinitely worse.

Rising sea levels are unlikely to deny me a plot in the local churchyard before I need it. :wi
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Love to hear Irn Bru made a bit of a noise, at COP shame Buckfast never got in on the action.
(Brewed by monks drunk by ........) You fill in the blank..... 8)
https://foodanddrink.scotsman.com/drink ... -scotland/
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.