Interesting films to look out for

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Interesting films to look out for

Post by newcastle »

THREE DOCUMENTARIES ON ANCIENT EGYPT BY CURTIS RYAN WOODSIDE OFFICIALLY SELECTED FOR NOBLE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL

Three documentaries about Ancient Egypt, all created by South African filmmaker and Egyptologist Curtis Ryan Woodside, have been officially selected for the Noble International Film Festival and Awards, a five-month long virtual festival based in India.

The films cover a wide berth of Ancient Egyptian mysteries. 'Egyptian Secrets at the Vatican', Woodside's most recent feature, explores the stories of Egyptian artefacts that have been collected by the Catholic Church. 'Ancient Egyptian Family Feud' uncovers the fate of a female pharaoh and the final days of the Ramesside family, featuring newly uncovered facts that had never been in a documentary before. ( I’m guessing this is Twosret at end of Dynasty 19). Finally, 'Nefertari: The Life of an Egyptian Queen' puts together the tales behind a queen so beautiful that her husband built a temple for her.

"I was always interested in history as I was growing up in South Africa, but the beauty of Egypt always captured my heart," Woodside tells #CairoScene. "When I was six years old I would watch people like Zahi Hawass and Salima Ikram on TV and say, 'I want to be like them!' I love to show people how incredible Egypt was and is. I think what drives me the most is telling stories to people who don't know them yet."

BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Re: Interesting films to look out for

Post by BBLUX »

Many thanks for the link. Downloaded all 3 films to watch at our leisure.

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Coincidence. I first heard the name Curtis Ryan Woodside about a year ago when he interviewed a chateau owner whose vlogs I follow. (Or did she interview him? Can't remember now. )
He came across an interestingly eccentric person.
Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. Chatalaine Stephanie goes on a short break to Italy and one of the people she meets up with for a meal is RCW and his Italian husband. RCW had only recently been able to move to Italy because of the pandemic, and they had to marry with very few guest present but many on video link from around the world.
He has started his own vlogs about his move to, and life in, Italy. I've not watched them all but the other day I looked in on one and CRW was rushing off to a conference where Zahi Hawas was the guest speaker and ZH had provided a ticket for CRW to be able to attend. Think CRW had done a bit of hero worship first.

Not sure why I've written all that, but for someone who has no real interest in Egyptology, and usually hasn't got a clue who people are referring to, it struck me as quite a coincidence that CFW's name should pop up on more than one of my internet haunts in a short space of time.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

@Hepzibah

I think describing Curtis as an egyptologist was a bit of an exaggeration in the CairoScene article! But he obviously did his research well in the Dynasty 19 sinopsis....which is the only film I’ve viewed so far .

His interests are...shall we say.....eclectic. Apparently a devoted Harry Potter fan .

What i found a tad creepy was him constantly popping up ay various points in the documentary bearing an eerie resemblance to Robert Powell’s depiction of Jesus!
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

newcastle wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:25 am @Hepzibah

I think describing Curtis as an egyptologist was a bit of an exaggeration in the CairoScene article! But he obviously did his research well in the Dynasty 19 sinopsis....which is the only film I’ve viewed so far .

His interests are...shall we say.....eclectic. Apparently a devoted Harry Potter fan .

What i found a tad creepy was him constantly popping up ay various points in the documentary bearing an eerie resemblance to Robert Powell’s depiction of Jesus!
I think he describes himself as an Egyptologist, as well as film maker and other (self publisist) things too.

Ohh...you noticed the Robert Powell in Jesus of Nazereth resdmblance too. It really stood out in one of vlog clips I saw recently.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley