Boris wins

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Boris wins

Post by carrie »

Well Boris is going to be our next Prime Minister. Who would have guessed a few years ago that Boris would be PM and Donald would be President.
What on earth is happening?

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Boris wins

Post by newcastle »

carrie wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:15 pm Who would have guessed a few years ago that Boris would be PM and Donald would be President.
I think you’d have got very long odds! :lol:

Fortunately, the powers of our Prime Minister fall well short of those of the American president so there’s little harm he can do.....other than perhaps to the international reputation of GB.

Whether he does will depend to some extent on the team around him. Unlike his transatlantic counterpart, he has to listen to his team and bring them along with him.

I’m no fan of Boris - I think he’s a bit lightweight and accident-prone - but it’s hard to identify anyone on the Conservative side any better.

I expect him to be able to cobble together some kind of Brexit deal which gets through Parliament. If not, we’ll leave on 31st October with no deal.

As for Labour, they seem to have thrown away their chances of challenging for government even if there are sufficient Conservative rebels willing to force a General Election.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Until this Brexit clusterfuck is over, There will not be a general election.
Labour and conservative, who if you had not figured out are 2 fingers connected to the same hand.
as such, if they did call a general election, the next day they would all be on the dole given the general feeling amongst the common man on the ground.

We are supposed to be out by October 31st, but oddly enough the EU has allowed yet another extension just before that lying whore Theresa May left office, who of course was the first of 2 unelected leaders of the CONservative party that got in through the back door during that parties term in "Office".

Please allow me to justify my statement about Theresa May ( who only managed to impose yet another tax to shaft the common man before she left )

"Brexit means Brexit" ! ( really Theresa ? your lack of action speaks louder than your words.)

I love this show, I like to visit it on occassion, but I have much better pat times to occupy my mind.... ( ment)
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Whore is a bit much, she's never been with my mate Nick, well he or she have never admitted it.
Mind you in the Navy for 7 years and for a few beers & bets, he'd do anything and I do mean anything!

As I've been reduced to....... 2nd best mate,
Do you think his 'newist bestist' mate will be asking him for advice on the farts oops typo, arts ?

Strange really, opposites attract and different ends of the same bar.
They do seems to crack on well ... 8)
"Time & Tides....
Ps: That's not a crucifix around his neck it's a Franz Xaver Messerschmidt, so there...
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

I kind of knew Nick had his standards Doctor, even when times may be desperate..

I will settle for Lying hypocrite if not whore, she knew what she was doing and saying and she played her part well.

The Politico are here to look after big business, but they only employ 1% of the workers.
They are all traitors to the people, and only thieves and crooks and worse than that, hypocrites can be politicians by virtue of the very nature of the game they play. However, wether or not they themselves realise it, they too are just pieces on the chess board too..

The EU legislation cripples small and medium business even though the Majority do not trade in Europe, so the EU legislation is unnecessary for them.

We get warned about cheap imports flooding us if we leave the EU and its stupid rules !
Great,bring it on, its good for the end consumer.. US!

Now slowly, slowly the times are changing and one day people are going to realise that there is another way from the political control.

Look how far we have accelerated since Electricity became available to the masses. Weird or what ?

Electric trickery ? there is lots I could discuss about that subject that people do not realise...
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Like the curates egg, your post was "good in parts" but I can agree with a lot of it.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Regarding BREXIT, I think that if there is no extension requested the UK will leave by default. I think tha s what Boris has in mind. There are quite a lot of faultering econmies in the EU at the moment, so who will blink first? After years if austerity in the UK, the Country, business's and the people need their confidence restoring, once that is done the UK will start to grow again. Investment will grow, spending will increase and with a bit of luck JC will get either booted out or assasinated. Ha Ha!! The Lib/Dems have shot themselves in the foot over BREXIT, so its not even worth talking about them, Pan and Flash come to mind. I realise that the media are against Boris, but I have to ask myself, how can they or in fact anyone else judge Boris after less than 1 week as Premier, they cannot! I hope he proves them wrong.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

When the UK leaves ( if it ever does) the whole house of cards comes tumbling down.
No one has ever presented a reasonable or valid argument for remaining in the EU, except a load of fear mongering with no solid foundation to back up the argument.

I travel to Europe a lot and over the years, most people I speak to dont want the EU either, so its not just the Brits.

I was in a luxury spa a few months ago, and a person I spoke to didn't want to leave the EU, but then again, having dug a bit deeper, their only immediate concern was when they left their luxury villa in South of France, due to the heat, if they were going to spend the hot summer months in thier house in Berkshire or their cottage in the Cotswolds....

Oh ! if only I had such problems...