Egypt Shame - AGAIN.

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Egypt Shame - AGAIN.

Post by A-Four »

For certain I am sure members will remember the British couple who died while on holiday at the Steigenberger Aqua Magic Hotel in Hurgarda, on 21st August last year. It seems the Egyptian authorities are being less than helpful with the idea of passing on information,......as per usual.

Yesterday a coroners preliminary inquest was held in Preston U.K.to hear what evidence had been gathered as to the 'accidental' death of Mr and Mrs Cooper, it was revealed in court that the British authorities have made THIRTEEN request over the past six months for evidence from Egyptian officials. One such request was sent direct through the diplomatic channels through the U.K. ambassador to Egypt, yet still no such details have been given.

Dr Nick Gent, senior medical advisor at Public Health England suggested that food poisoning was not responsible, adding that more than likely the cause of death was either 'infectious biological agents or toxic chemicals. A further pre-inquest will be held later this years.

It seems year after year, what ever international problem hits Egypt, the authorities there go into TOTAL denial, not me gov attitude when in truth the evidence is absolute. For sure they believe if you ignore the problem it will go away, whether it be Hatshepsuit, Russian and Egyptian air crash, various terrorist attacks, or even a simple suspicious hotel death.

Today, I looked back in this forum, to see how many pages were dedicated to this Hurgarda twin death, today most of the information I've written up here hardly got a mention even in the British press,........so perhaps the Egyptian authorities are correct to keep,........shtum.

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Re: Egypt Shame - AGAIN.

Post by DJKeefy »

Your wrong about one thing "it not been mentioned in the British press", the story went on for weeks if not months.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

DJKeefy wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:19 pm Your wrong about one thing "it not been mentioned in the British press", the story went on for weeks if not months.
Sorry Keefy, what I meant was that yesterday's pre-inquest details got very little notice hidden away inside one of the most read British tabloid news papers, and even then at the bottom of that page.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

I thought it got good coverage in the news the other day, here's a snapshot of just a few
Screenshot_20190503-004159_Chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Probably time to cut off relations and aid with all non confirmative states.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Egypt “keeps shtum” for the simple reason that it works!!

Remember Regeni? Italy now seems on excellent terms with Egypt.

Unless the international community is willing to hold rogue governments to account “keeping shtum” works every time as memories fade and attention moves to some other atrocity.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

In times like these, Those who speak generally dig thier own graves.

When the rozzers pull you in for questioning and they have very little evidence against you, remain silent and they will let you go.

If you do make a statement, which must be the absolute truth, and they have not charged you, but they question you about that statement, then simply say that you refer to your statement and have no amendments to make. After giving that answer a few times, you will also be let go..

Simples....
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

John Landon wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:46 am In times like these, Those who speak generally dig thier own graves.

When the rozzers pull you in for questioning and they have very little evidence against you, remain silent and they will let you go.

If you do make a statement, which must be the absolute truth, and they have not charged you, but they question you about that statement, then simply say that you refer to your statement and have no amendments to make. After giving that answer a few times, you will also be let go..

Simples....
I doubt very much that this applies to Egypt :a54:
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Agreed, one of the negative aspects of this culture, So be on you best behaviour.
The corruption from up high penetrates down.

My Dear old grandad warned me many years ago... He should know, he was acting seargent major in the Military Police in Egypt during WW2.