Plans for the Luxor Experience for Tourists

Get the best advice about your holiday in Luxor.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Plans for the Luxor Experience for Tourists

Post by Mad Dilys » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:51 am

Pre-revolution there was a move to turn Luxor almost into a theme park.

Hence the improved roads, uncovering the Avenue of Sphinxes etc.

There were plans to develop the area up-stream of the bridge for "Tourist development".

There would be docking for cruise boats and accommodation for tourists - because so much of the land occupied by hotels and apartments is concealing antiquities, which were to be revealed as part of the Luxor Experience.

Obviously a lot of buildings have been demolished already, though everything slowed down over the last few years.

Tiba was an early example of the move to relocate the residents of Luxor.

To the best of my knowledge these plans are still valid - does anyone know anything different?

Smile! It confuses people

Luxor Pharoahs

Re: Plans for the Luxor Experience for Tourists

Post by Luxor Pharoahs » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:04 pm

will there be plenty of second hand bricks for sale soon?

I have not heard any different.

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:13 pm

No but a water park on The Nile would be the best idea Disney themed and financed along with all the characters in costume, Anubis, Soth, Cleopatra, I could be Indiana perhaps they would supply the whip ? I've got the rest...
It's hot here in the summer 'they would come to stay a week at a water park, bars, water shooters, I been to a few absolutely brilliant! You just roll into the speeding water canal-road and end up at the bar and back in the water to return, electronic alligators , Ice-cold candy floss, movenpick ice creams…
That tomb raider bird she'd be good, I might even pitch idea this to Disney, it's endless, This is Egypt! This is The Nile! tourists in the Summer Time! brilliant any suggestions forthcoming ? …. :cool:
Ps: You could probably also construct one of those eco domed parks and create a really chilled out tropical themed place like the Barbican's tropical garden.
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:19 pm

Who2 wrote:No but a water park on The Nile would be the best idea Disney themed and financed along with all the characters in costume, Anubis, Soth, Cleopatra, I could be Indiana perhaps they would supply the whip ? I've got the rest...
:lol:

So not only do you stand next to a 'twat in hat' but you want to be one too. ;)
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:33 pm

:?:
Who2 wrote:No but a water park on The Nile would be the best idea Disney themed and financed along with all the characters in costume, Anubis, Soth, Cleopatra, I could be Indiana perhaps they would supply the whip ? I've got the rest...
It's hot here in the summer 'they would come to stay a week at a water park, bars, water shooters, I been to a few absolutely brilliant! You just roll into the speeding water canal-road and end up at the bar and back in the water to return, electronic alligators , Ice-cold candy floss, movenpick ice creams…
That tomb raider bird she'd be good, I might even pitch idea this to Disney, it's endless, This is Egypt! This is The Nile! tourists in the Summer Time! brilliant any suggestions forthcoming ? …. :cool:
Ps: You could probably also construct one of those eco domed parks and create a really chilled out tropical themed place like the Barbican's tropical garden.
When they first started to build Tiba (as I call it) and the golf course the land was still dirt cheap - if you will forgive the pun.

So I started a feasibility study into constructing a water theme park - similar to Crazy Water in Cairo...........I no longer wish to be involved hence this post.

It would be extremely profitable if run with meticulous attention to detail. Safety would have to be of paramount importance.

It would have given a great deal of employment during it's construction and maintenance, the new town would provide housing for workers, and apartments would be available for tourists.

Tour operators were enthusiastic and said they would run buses for their clients.

It could have been multifunctional without being tacky and a great plus for some people's enjoyment alcohol free in the interests of safety, as Egyptians would enjoy a holiday there as much as foriegners.

The window of opportunity passed me, I'm glad to say. I didn't pursue obtaining the funding as it requires a steady supply of users. My 25 years association with Luxor have shown me that tourism here peaks and troughs about every five years more or less, so even if I was a multi-millionaire I'm happy to be not involved.

I've been rather quiet about this, as I have found that if you have a good idea in Luxor and don't keep quiet then Uncle. Tom Cobley and all his friends will try to not only jump on your bandwagon but try to push you under the wheels. 8)

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:47 pm

Where the cruisers park just before the Horus Bridge there is a new complex being built opposite with a large pool, i wonder if this has anything to do with your post MD?

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:06 pm

Who knows? :urm:

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:25 am

Mad Dilys wrote:Who knows? :urm:
I have always believed that there is a distinct advantage for those able to remove their teeth. Saves the odd unwanted bite. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:02 am

Years sgo in the time of Samir Farag he gave me a CD with all the plans to develop Luxor on up till 2032, all the people where to be moved out of Luxor and Luxor would be one huge open air museum. Do't know what happened to the CD but no doubt it is still on the plans of some one somewhere. I remember Stan had a copy too.