Fall of The Moon

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Fall of The Moon

Post by BENNU »

I was doing too many things at the same time with the TV on for hours. Chose to free myself of two heavy bags of memories and when I carried them down to the container, it started raining. Who cares – they are predicting summer again and I shall be back in the country side, but first a weekend with one of my favorite teachers from Cairo, the great Aida Nour. She will be teaching Eskanderani, Saidi, classic Raqs Sharqi and my all time favorite, Oum Kalthoum interpretation, right here in Copenhagen.

A few days ago I opened a three liter box of good wine as a count down – a glass a day and when it is empty, my next drink will be from Luxor Duty Free Shop.

I turned off the TV, lit a few candles, poured myself a glass and found this serene music by the Lebanese oud player, Marcel Khalife. Perfect with red wine and summer rain after a long day.

http://marcelkhalife.bandcamp.com/

You can listen to the entire CD online for free, it is so beautiful and most of the songs are very relaxing. You can even read an English translation of the poetic lyrics by Mahmoud Darwish.

:angel: