Ticket Office scam

Post details here of scams you have discovered or hassles you have experienced.
10+ posts are required to post in this section.

Moderators: Horus, DJKeefy, 4u Network

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Ticket Office scam

Post by BENNU » Tue May 15, 2012 2:02 pm

:td
This morning I purchased a hundred pounds worth of tickets to the Nobles. The man at the ticket office waved a tenner and laughed that I had given him the wrong note. ”Look, 25+25+25+25=100, haha”, he repeated every time I opened my mouth. I could not believe that I would mistake ten pounds for a hundred, but if this was a scam, he would have had to be extremely fast and very experienced, so I gave him a hundred. Then I thought that if the mistake was mine, I would have made it before leaving my home, as all the smaller notes I could find were in my pocket for bakhshish, and everything in my bag should be from an ATM last night. I told the driver that I was not certain, but he was and he turned the car around and went to speak to the man. A few seconds later he returned to the car, asking for the tenner, which immediately was replaced with a hundred pounds.
:grab:
“He did not know that you live here”, he smiled, “but I told him that you are my neighbour!”
:x

Adamantium

Re: Ticket Office scam

Post by Adamantium » Sat May 06, 2017 1:05 am

The Common advice is display the note so there is no mistake. Flash it in their face if necessary. This may appear rude but so long as there is no confusion it might be better to be a little rude than have you day spoilt. It is usually taxi and caliche drivers who pull this one. It could also be what you thought you had in your wallet or pocket was not what you thought. But the doubt plays on the mind. Check your currency, display it and make sure there is no confusion to what is given. The guy must have been pretty fast if it was a scam. If they are well versed in this then they would be fast. On one trip to Egypt while waiting in I went to Hamley's where the magician was showing us his tricks. This was pure entertainment. He assured me I would never forget this. I will never forget him having removed my watch and put it onto his own wrist. This guy was fast, so...