Moneymaking Machine!

Post details here of scams you have discovered or hassles you have experienced.
10+ posts are required to post in this section.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Kevininabydos

Post by Kevininabydos » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:58 am

Why don't you take every expat you know in Luxor and get them to bring their friends to the shop and make it impossible for them to do any business, fill the shop with people so no one can get in. Passive protest does work. The management will have to act or they will loose their job for loss of revenue. Pick a really busy day and quietly tell them you will all be back again and again until they return the money they stole. If the police arrive tell them why you are there and I am sure you will get your money back. Make sure you have all the receipts with you to prove the fraud to the police.

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

Marcus Aurelius

drwho

Post by drwho » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:50 pm

That's why bank-robbers are the few people who actually remove money from banks and recirculate it throughout society and end up with heart-problems, who-ever said life was easy...8)

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU » Wed May 05, 2010 9:48 am

- Haven't dealt with Luxor Branch since they rejected me, but went to Vodafone Egypt, who just kept mentioning how important their distinguished customers are to them, blabla, so apparantly after five years and thousands of pounds, I do not belong to the distinguished clientelle. :?

- Then suddenly my bank's fraud department decided to do what they should have done long time ago:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

:bs: :bs: THEY RETURNED MY MONEY! :bs: :bs:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

- Leaving Vodafone three months to complain, but they can go to their own bank, can they, not to mine, because it is my money. Or rather, it was...

- It took my bank more than seven weeks to return my 5300 Egyptian Pounds, and it took me about one hour to spend it! 8) ...

BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer

Post by BBLUX » Wed May 05, 2010 1:44 pm

RESULT AT LAST! :gg: :br:

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by FABlux » Wed May 05, 2010 1:50 pm

- It took my bank more than seven weeks to return my 5300 Egyptian Pounds, and it took me about one hour to spend it! Cool ...
That's what it's for isn't it & you had to celebrate getting it back didn't you?

Very glad you got the right outcome in the end :D

Kevininabydos

Post by Kevininabydos » Wed May 05, 2010 1:51 pm

:wave: Mabrook! :wave:
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

Marcus Aurelius

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU » Wed May 05, 2010 2:08 pm

FABlux wrote:
- It took my bank more than seven weeks to return my 5300 Egyptian Pounds, and it took me about one hour to spend it! Cool ...
That's what it's for isn't it & you had to celebrate getting it back didn't you?

Very glad you got the right outcome in the end :D

- No no, of course not. :) I spend it on pure neccessities like expensive concert tickets, domestic flights and five star hotelrooms. Nothing extravagant :D ![/url]

FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by FABlux » Wed May 05, 2010 3:40 pm

I'm very glad you were so sensible with your refund, I would hate to think you had your priorities wrong ;)

Claire

Great news

Post by Claire » Wed May 05, 2010 4:00 pm

That's great news! I am in the process of trying to get a refund myself as someone fraudulently used my card here in the UK too so I hope I get good results. Mine was used for mobile phone top ups! Luckily I noticed before the amount got too big!

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU » Wed May 05, 2010 4:29 pm

:( Oh no, Claire. Hope it will be faster and easier for you! My case isn't closed, but my bank could have returned the money long time ago, like it sounds as if they do in UK. Very best of LUCK to you!

- Before all this, I had almost given up going to another dance festival in Cairo this summer, because I have spent so much money on this luxury that others dream of doing just once in a lifetime, and I go four or five times a year! But this way I was forced to save up, and I had already put some money aside for Copenhagen Jazzfestival, which is my main reason to go back in July. Vodafone made it easier for me to save up, but it was humiliating. Then there is Copenhagen Belly Dance Festival in September, and I need a new laptop... I'll think of something to complain about.

- But: Nothing is more important than live music! 8)

;) (And this is all the money I don't spend on MEN..)

crazycat

Post by crazycat » Wed May 05, 2010 4:32 pm

wouldn't be O2 would it Claire?

happened to me twice abd both times it was used for O2 top ups, and a few people I know that have had cards cloned theirs were used for O2 top ups. Apparently O2 has the highest number of cloned cards used for their products than any other phone company in the UK
when she was good she was very very good but when she was bad she was better :snig:

Scorpio37

Post by Scorpio37 » Wed May 05, 2010 4:55 pm

Lubbly-Jubbly All's well that ends well,Mr.Percy Vere must have had a hand in it me thinks :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you dont have dreams whats the point of dreaming?.

Rachel turner

Post by Rachel turner » Mon May 31, 2010 4:01 pm

Hi Claire -i had 9 or so payments to Vodafone -of mobile top ups and i dont use Vodafone -They were no help at all said it was up to my bank -i posted last year about it- but i had fraud squad too and i got it reimbursed- apparantly its an easy way to get money as no trace. But makes me wonder where it was cloned or tampered with.
Im sorry Bennu you had the wait from this ordeal- makes you think about where to use your card.-
On another note and a scam happening over the internet if selling anything major - the cashiers cheques are now bouncing several weeks later, this is because the purchaser is giving you this cheque and taking the goods - The banks are guaranteed to pay this amount to the purchaser the same day - A week later it bounces , you have the bank taking the money back off you and you have lost the goods also.- This is happening with Motor vehicles, bikes, expensive items . So the Eskrow service is something to consider if selling over the internet.
Friends are like stars -you dont always see them but they are always there........

BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer

Post by BBLUX » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:39 pm

Yes, it has just got to be O2. I tried to top up our UK O2 phone sims before we flew back last Monday. Had all sorts of problems despite using my UK proxy account.
Got back to the UK to be told by my bank that my card had been cloned. I had only used it for that transaction after many months of non-use.
Bank security blocked it and have issued me a new card. They had been advised by the police that it was a known cloned card before I got back to the UK.

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Claire

O2 and vodaphone

Post by Claire » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:49 am

My card was used for both O2 and vodaphone top ups and I'm with Orange! I'm tryin to work out how they got my card details but I cancelled that card but I'm still waiting for my money back! I'm just glad I noticed so quickly before the amount really got big.