Thinking of cutting down on beef?

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Thinking of cutting down on beef?

Post by jewel »

Let’s suppose you’ve decided to eat less meat, or are considering it. And let’s ignore your reasons for doing so. They may be economic, ethical, altruistic, nutritional or even irrational. The arguments for eating less meat are myriad and well-publicized, but at the moment they’re irrelevant, because what I want to address here is (almost) purely pragmatic: How do you do it?
I’m not talking about eating no meat; I’m talking about cutting back, which in some ways is harder than quitting. Vegetarian recipes and traditions are everywhere. But in the American style of eating — with meat usually at the center of the plate — it can be difficult to eat two ounces of beef and call it dinner
In no particular order, here are some suggestions to ease your path to eating less meat.
1. Forget the protein thing.
Plants have protein, too; in fact, per calorie, many plants have more protein than meat.
3. Get it out of the center of the plate. Compare these statements: “We’re grilling a leg of lamb and throwing a few vegetables on there,â€

I don't have a plan......so nothing can go wrong!