New FOUR SEASONS HOTEL.

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

New FOUR SEASONS HOTEL.

Post by A-Four »

Some on here may be aware that to the immediate south of and next to the old Nova Hotel (now known as Iberotel) they are building the new Four Seasons Hotel, it will take the shape in the style of an Egyptian pylon, which is very similar to the one in Canery Wharf London, except that the one in Luxor will have two attached large wings either side. It is being built by a rather rich Egyptian business man, who then take on the Four Seasons franchise,(this company own none of any of the worldwide buildings, it is simply a franchise, and franchisee can old use its products and standards.

For me, this is a big, big mistake, their customers will require peaceful surroundings, no noisy traffic sounds from the road side, no motor boats every couple of minutes from the river, and they would rather see trees along the West Bank, as it was before, rather than the present day buildings. The Winter Palace caters for such people, and with regards the super rich and famous people who do not want to be identified stay at Al Moudira Hotel, well hidden away on the West Bank.

I was rather surprised at how much development has take place on the WB, and more especially along the river side, housing in various forms are along almost continuous even now past the Movenpick, where not so long ago was just a very charming old mud brick building that could be viewed from the hotel, the rest of that area was full of trees, and gave a feeling of peace and tranquillity.

This is of course this is my opinion, but I accept time brings change either for the good or not, and Luxor has changed over the years I have been away. I will write up more as soon as I get time.

crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Re: New FOUR SEASONS HOTEL.

Post by crewmeal »

I used to stay at the Iberotel quite a lot paying extra for a Nile view room. I’ve watched the progress and realise now it won’t be worth the extra as the view will be partially obscured. Regarding the new hotel I suppose occupancy will depend on the room rates. Summer time many of the 5 star hotels are quieter so I guess the rates will drop.

The big question is does Luxor need another 5 star hotel?
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: New FOUR SEASONS HOTEL.

Post by A-Four »

Further to what you say Crewmeal, although this is a fine hotel, food is good and staff are wonderful, I cannot recommend this place simply because there are TWO tower crane next door, and building work is in full flow, even at night. I expect this to be so for at least a year, though daily progress on this project seems good.

I noticed that the ISIS hotel, once owned by the Mubarak family, has reopened, so maybe good deals are available there, though I saw that the shop along it, on the same side are no more.