WARNING - 'frozen U.S $'s.

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

WARNING - 'frozen U.S $'s.

Post by A-Four »

Towards the end of last week the Egyptian government announced throughout the national media, including the state run El Ahram, that it had discovered a large amount of fake U.S. $'s in general use throughout the country, and suggests these are being bought through the black market.

The report goes on to advise people that the U.S. treasury has issued advice that certain $ notes known to have been used for money laundering activities, are no longer valid. Further to this, the international banks have been made aware of the various serial numbers of such notes. The Fed in America have made it clear that such notes are no longer valid.

What to make of all this I'm not sure, perhaps to scare Egypt people off from exchanging LE to hard currencies. Its statements are correct, there are a certain amount of U.K. £20 notes around today that are fake, and have no value. As for money laundering activities, these will only show up when someone accepts a large amount of U.S. $'s in cash exchange. I suspect that anyone who is selling up and leaving Egypt ensures they deal through an international bank rather than the usual state banks there.

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: WARNING - 'frozen U.S $'s.

Post by Who2 »

I just wrote a really great reply all about 'paper scratch even with pictures but lost it, typical...trust me.

I was recently given a load of 'funnymoney, snide paper £50's & £10ers I gave them all away as tips and jokes..
They were cleaning out their attic prior to flogging a £5 grand house for £900 thousand, and moaning,
'some people eh?

Anyhow remember that Xmas mini Lamborghini ? 'look,laugh,cry and pity, most of all pity!! .... 8)

"It's sad very, very sad"
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by Teddyboy »

"I was recently given a load of 'funnymoney, snide paper £50's & £10ers I gave them all away as tips and jokes.."

I can hardly believe that you've written that on a public forum!
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

So the SFO will investigate an AOP about a crime ? really..ffs

Anyhow my mate Chris's cousin is the Home Secretary James, so shove it I'm ironclad...
Listen, some sods stole Kim's my neighbour gomobile last month, investigate that !

A weird old pal shot himself last month, funny as f*** he even posted it on his phone saying he was going to do it.
Another old pal Brendon who had married to that 'no-septum Westbrook found him pillowed,

He was suffering serious rheumatoid arthritis havid livid a sordid life...and decided he couldn't afford Dignitas.

Upon our very 1st meeting he told me he lived in a Castle, 'yeh right oh!'...whatever!
One of my funniest mates..ex mates, "my mate 'Marmite you loved him or....
He wrote dozens of books, speaking them really, I don't think Dave could write as 'she is written.
He had this weird Arthurian boys own heraldic view upon life.

He was a fantastic wannabe highly funny, honorable and could charm the birds out of the trees...

'Gone but never forgotten even his son had his head blown off. "What a funny old life we lead ?... 8)

Ps: Nick fell out over this bo**cks from Dodgy at the funeral.

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by Teddyboy »

"So the SFO will investigate an AOP about a crime ?"

You're probably dead right there, why would they bother? (But I wouldn't have dared risk it anyway, lol.)