Hi

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Hi

Post by Dusak »

Just thought I would send a hi to you all, I'm still alive and doing ok. Can't remember the last time I posted, but I seem to have no time now to join in the debates. Still here in Egypt, but like to escape whenever I can to a more relaxed and pleasant destination.
I could chat about the high rises in the cost of living, the ridiculous rise in the exchange rates that are costing me a small fortune in buying my holiday currency, I could mention the fact that this has now been made more difficult to achieve as I am now effectively barred from all exchange house, accused of .money laundering lol, even though I always put on the forms what I wanted the money for. Sold my ground floor flat, that changed money is now safely tucked away in a foriegn bank account, luckily when the exchange rates here were at normal levels.
My five cats are still going crazy, but sadly Alfie, my long time companion died of heart failure at the age of 16 while I was on holiday. The contentment I always enjoyed here is now on the wain, I traveled twice this year, went to renew my visa, seems things are back to normal for me, was refused my 1 year visa as normal, recieved a six month one, just a shrug of the shoulders when I asked why.
The old saying is " don't let the barstewards get you down", they will never achieve this with me, but I'm now thinking of other options as at 70 now too old to be a***d about, life is too short now.
I hope every one of the fellow forum
old timers are still alive and active, if not on here, in life in general. This is only a little moaning compared to my former rants, but age has brought on a more placed frame of mind lol.
All the best to you all, Dusak.

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Re: Hi

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Good to read an update from you Dusak, and to know you are still 'still alive and doing ok'.
Life is indeed short, and gets shorter by the minute, so it is important that we do all we possibly can to make the most of it - hopefully enjoyably.
All the best.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Greetings Dusak :br As someone else who does not contribute anymore I do however drop in now and again to see who is still amongst the living. So as it was your good self that posted I broke my usual routine of 'just a quick visit' in order to login and say how nice it was to hear from you again and to know that you are well. I always enjoyed your long and interesting posts that gave a real hands on insight into your own daily life in Luxor, I loved hearing about your cats and of course the 'Pussy Palace' you were building at one time for the animal charity (excuse the IP Freely quote) and I was sad to hear that your Alfie had gone to the great scratching post in the sky, he did well to make such a good age especially in Luxor. My own little moggy 'Buffy' passed at the ripe old age of 22 and as you know cats are their own person with personalities and are sadly missed when they have passed on, it must have been very sad to return home to that sort of news. No doubt you are still making the best of your visits to those other parts of the world that you seem so happy to visit and you have made new friends over there. You often spoke about your friend in Luxor and I hope that you still have a good relationship with her in what must have been a difficult culture clash, but at least you appeared to be happy with each other. Egypt still seems to be making life difficult for their expat community so nothing new there, so take care and remember “Illegitimi non carborundum “ (At least now we won't have someone jumping in to correct my pseudo Latin :st :zz ) Have a long and happy life Dusak. :up
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Horus! Good to read a post from you again too. You have been missed, and oft thought about. I hope all goes well with you and that you are continuing to enjoy your walks and photography... not to mention the 'odd' glass of red. ;-)
Take good care of yourself.
Hepzi.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Thanks Hepzi nice of you to say so and the same to you :up and yes I still enjoy my walks with my little dog, photography and other interests and forums, I even have 3 bird nest boxes now all with movie cameras inside so I get some great videos as its the breeding season and of course still enjoying the odd glass or three of Shiraz or Merlot whilst doing a bit of writing. :wi
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Nice to see that like myself Horus, your still in the land of the living 😊 my friend Kaliea and i are still good friends, it was her that bought my ground floor flat, but not after heated discussions of a genourous discount ' for old times sake' lol. And she being the person she is, once in ownership transferred it over to her sister and family to give them a better life. I enjoy living in my smaller second floor flat now and the cats are quite happy with their deluxe tower created from the original external stairwell which is probably around 25' feet tall with views for very nosy cats of the surrounding houses and fields. Erica, or Eric as she answers too, has replaced Alfies throne and is quite happy living the life with me.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Hi Dusak,

You seem to be managing without bitterness, without complaining, that is how we know you. I wish you a more pleasant time where you have chosen to be, while I hope that you can still enjoy what you have built here in Luxor. You deserve that.

Things are not what they used to be, but I keep feeling my roots going even deeper into the desert sand where I embrace my freedom here on The West Bank.