Now we know where the money goes

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Now we know where the money goes

Post by crewmeal »

I was startled to read an article courtesy of Simple Flying about a purchase of a Boeing 747-800 for the top brass of Egypt. Yes every government has a private jet or 10 to ferry the execs around but most would do with a twin engine jet not a 4 engined gas guzzler.

https://simpleflying.com/egyptian-boein ... -painting/

I’m not going to start on the poverty of the country especially as I’ve seen how bad things are in Edfu the other day.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Now we know where the money goes

Post by A-Four »

crewmeal wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:55 pm I’m not going to start on the poverty of the country especially as I’ve seen how bad things are in Edfu the other day.
I think what we have to understand is that Edfu was quite a poor Upper Egyptian town some thirty years ago, little has changed when I last stayed there a few years ago now,.......

......however,

.........I remember when I first stayed in Birmingham more than 30 years ago, would anyone seriously say that the likes of Small Heath, Sparkbrook, Sparkhill or dare I mention it Lozells is better now than then ?

I always find it strange and almost unbelievable, that we in the U.K. (One of the riches countries in the world) have a poverty level TODAY, where more than 20% of the population are on it, or below it.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

......however,

.........I remember when I first stayed in Birmingham more than 30 years ago, would anyone seriously say that the likes of Small Heath, Sparkbrook, Sparkhill or dare I mention it Lozells is better now than then ?
You are so right nothing has changed at all. I drive to Handsworth to work and the rubbish on the streets equates to the rubbish in Luxor. The council cannot keep up with the street cleaning.
hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by hatusu »

Why can't the channel hoppers be set to work on projects like this? I remember in the 90s seeing young offenders from the equivalent of what used to be Borstal s cleaning up my local churchyard.(I suppose nowadays it would impinge on their Yooman Rights......)
Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by Teddyboy »

"it would impinge on their Yooman Rights"

Ah! But would it also be seen as muscling in on the work rightly due to Council waste operatives? (The fact that they don't bother with it doesn't come into the equation, mind!)