Heart transplants

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Heart transplants

Post by hatusu »

I am very apprehensive after hearing on the news about a pig’s heart being transplanted into a human. It is reasonably well documented that transplanted organs hold memories-
“Humans can inherit memory through organ transplant, as a result of cellular memory transfer. This hypothesis stems from "the speculation that memories, habits, interests, and tastes may be stored not only in the brain, but in all the cells of the human body" (Dossey).
Also-
"Med Hypotheses
. 2020 Feb;
Personality changes following heart transplantation: The role of cellular memory
Mitchell B Liester 1
Personality changes following heart transplantation, which have been reported for decades, include accounts of recipients acquiring the personality characteristics of their donor. Four categories of personality changes are discussed in this article: (1) changes in preferences, (2) alterations in emotions/temperament, (3) modifications of identity, and (4) memories from the donor's life. The acquisition of donor personality characteristics by recipients following heart transplantation is hypothesized to occur via the transfer of cellular memory, and four types of cellular memory are presented: (1) epigenetic memory, (2) DNA memory, (3) RNA memory, and (4) protein memory. Other possibilities, such as the transfer of memory via intracardiac neurological memory and energetic memory, are discussed as well. Implications for the future of heart transplantation are explored including the importance of reexamining our current definition of death, studying how the transfer of memories might affect the integration of a donated heart, determining whether memories can be transferred via the transplantation of other organs, and investigating which types of information can be transferred via heart transplantation. Further research is recommended."

Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Re: Heart transplants

Post by Teddyboy »

OoooooooooooH!
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

The key word here is “ hypothesis”.

Whilst some people have reported personality, or memory, changes following a transplant it’s obviously a difficult matter to examine objectively.

It does conjure up fascinating possibilities though…..particularly if the transplanted organ comes, as is likely to be the case, from a pig. For some reason, pigs seem particularly suitable for gene therapy and subsequent use of their organs.

However, I’m not sure I’d relish acquiring memories of my previous existence in the farmyard . That day aunty Betsy was carted off to the abattoir and ended up in someone’s bacon butty is not one I’d care to remember!
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

If this topic was in another forum I may have something more to say other than the heart does have intelligence and is our connection with eveything we perceive. We are immersed in each others heartbeats. 😎
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

John Landon wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:46 pm If this topic was in another forum I may have something more to say other than the heart does have intelligence and is our connection with eveything we perceive. We are immersed in each others heartbeats. 😎
The idea of acquiring the intelligence of a pig…..or indeed being physically attracted to our porcine friends….does open up a whole can of worms :lol:

Perhaps not if you live in Wales…..?
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Hey ! We like our sheep here. 😂

There is a good book named the hearts code.

Well worth a read. 😎

Now here is a curious story.

A man received a heart form a suicide victim and later marries the victims wife, finally he kills himself in the exact same way as the doner.

Delve into the matrix and see how our hearts really work and what happens. Including our hearts connection with the sun.

The brain likes to think it is in charge, but it can only perceive what just happened. A bit like watching a movie.

It's a strange world. Clearly the true ancients understood it much better than we do today.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

John Landon wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:32 pm
It's a strange world. Clearly the true ancients understood it much better than we do today.
They certainly gave it more attention than the brain…at least as far as the Egyptians were concerned. They minced the latter into sludge and extracted it unceremoniously through the nose whereas the heart remained intact, in situ, and adorned by a scarab of great significance.

Whether they were right to bother is debatable :lol:

The Aztecs regularly ripped it, still pulsating, out of captured enemies and other sacrificial victims.

No ancients were much good at successfully transplanting them…..so in that ( and arguably most) areas we have learned a lot over the centuries.

If the ancients really knew much of value, they took it silently to their graves….or back to whatever planet they had transported from in order to build the pyramids etc.

Yeah right… :urm:
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

It's clear that you can see how over time the knowledge became lost to us.

I'm pretty sure that with the right knowledge it's not that difficult to make wonderful objects out of granite and transport them around the place.
Millemeter perfect relief carvings where there is no room for human error. 🤔

The earlier buildings were far superior to the later ones. Same goes for the pyramids, not that later pyramids had anything at all to do with the great pyramids on the Giza plateau.
Finally having to build mastaba's out out of mud bricks. They couldn't even carve in relief anymore and had to revert to what I call graffiti.

Even the Romans knew stuff we didn't, such as concrete. How did that become lost to us for almost 2000 years ?

History ain't what it used to be, and is always written by the victor. 😎

But history always repeats itself, perhaps we will understand the truth one day.

It's a whole new age now, and it comes with some promises.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Not a great title.
I had a heart attack one night, next day popped into see the Doc.
Said: "Im having a heart attack" she said "I'm the Dr"

me "Whatever Doc" she knew I had once been an ambulance man.
An ambulance arrived and 'toot sweet straight into The London Heart Hospital, 20min later I'm on the slab.

Students watch it though a dulled green viewing room and you can watch the whole thing on'telly.

The young surgeon "We are going up through the femoral artery"
me: "terrific and terrified and all at the same time.
Whilst observing it all on flat screen ceiling telly's. weird or what ?

Pretty suriel upon reflection, 2 x SS inserts @ £2k each, job done.
I got kicked out 2 days later....

Still wind up the Dr about 'saving my life' 'yeh right on..... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

John Landon wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:13 pm It's clear that you can see how over time the knowledge became lost to us.
All that’s clear to me is that you live in a parallel universe as far as history is concerned! :)))

Whatever.

The ancient Egyptians knew about concrete, as did the Aztecs….and not as a result of some pre- Columbian exchange of knowledge I hasten to add! It’s use declined in the Middle Ages, more as a result of lack of limestone than knowledge.

The Romans used it extensively….but it was used both before and after their reign.

As regards the ancient Egyptian skills in carving granite etc….they hardly disappeared, unless you are inclined to forget Roman and Greek sculpture, not to mention the wonderful work of Michaelangelo and his contemporaries.

Why do I bother…. :a71:
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

All I said was we lost the knowledge about concrete sometime after the rima's had it. Question is why ?

And I don't ever recall any of Michelangelo having ever used granite for his wonderful sculptures. Marble yes, bit that's relatively soft.

Of course since we invented carbide tipped tool and diamond saws we can do that now. Question is. How did the ancients don't with such accuracy and no such tools ?
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

John Landon wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:40 am All I said was we lost the knowledge about concrete sometime after the rima's had it. Question is why ?

And I pointed out….we didn’t “ lose” the knowledge. How do you think the massive abbeys, castles and cathedrals of the middle ages were put together? Superglue?

As for the ancients carving granite, they had no shortage of sand to use skilfully as an abrasive.

But if you prefer to believe in some mysterious race who were around, and subsequently disappeared taking all evidence of their existence with them, fine. You’ve plenty of company…mainly in America.

Early humans turned to gods and religion as a way of explaining what they couldn’t understand. Even in Colombus’ time, many thought the earth was flat. People were burnt alive for suggesting the earth orbited the sun. But we move on.

Well….most of us… :urm:
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

The abbeys etc were bonded with Limestone cement, brilliant stuff by the way, you can scrape it off and reconstitute it in water and use it again. Its also a great disinfectant, which is why people used to line their walls with it in those old rural houses, (Whitewash ) as it stopped insects, ticks and fleas taking refuge in the walls. We had a few Lime Kilns still knocking about in the Dales when I lived there. the limestone was also used to make a mixture that they would dip the sheep in to kill off bugs...
BUT< there are no concrete pillars holding up these great cathedrals. the concrete you refer to was used as glue...

Flat Earth theory came form the Sumerians, they of course knew the world was not flat, it was simply a story to help them understand the world. Of course as I have often said, we loose a lot of knowledge when we forget ( deliberately or otherwise ) how to decipher metaphors..
Maybe in later years the Church thought it was a good idea to maintain that theory and stop people sailing off into the sunset to discover new lands without the Church being involved. of course, religion was simply a tool to reinforce authority.
That didn't stop the Vikings and Prince Madoc going to America centuries before Columbus went there. or Cortez..
At least the Vikings and Prince Madoc, didn't slaughter the indigenous populations like the Spanish did..

Its clear we were a lot cleverer thousands of years ago, Those pyramids and Granite monoliths prove that.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

@john landon

Bored with your drivel unique take on history now. Time to move on.

:a36: :a26: