Expats vaccinated in Egypt

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Expats vaccinated in Egypt

Post by newcastle »

From 11 October Egypt is being added to the list of countries whose vaccination regime is recognised by UK for purposes of entry to UK.

You will still have to have received approved vaccines and have proof...the Egyptian Vaccination certificate presumably.

Approved vaccines:

You must have had a complete course of one of the following vaccines at least 14 days before you arrive in England:

Oxford/AstraZeneca
Pfizer BioNTech
Moderna
Janssen
The day you have your final dose does not count as one of the 14 days.

Formulations of these vaccines, such as AstraZeneca Covishield, AstraZeneca Vaxzevria and Moderna Takeda, also qualify as approved vaccines.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-w ... accination

BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Re: Expats vaccinated in Egypt

Post by BBLUX »

I do not see the Chinese vaccines used for most in Egypt on that list so this is a misleading story.

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

BBLUX wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:14 pm I do not see the Chinese vaccines used for most in Egypt on that list so this is a misleading story.
That why I said “ approved vaccines “.

There’s nothing misleading about the story. It’s clear that anyone who received Sinopharm for example, or Sputnik, won’t qualify as “ vaccinated” for UK entry purposes.

Most expats I know received AstraZeneca .
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Well that's good news for returning ex-pats.
Seeing as yesterday's UK population catching covid are down to only:

Thursday 7th October.
40,701 Thousand: and the last 7 days 245,815 Thousand:

So listen up! that pesky covid pandemic is nearly over, here in the United Kingdom.
But beware they reckon that 60,000 people might die of the flu this Winter..... 8)

Ps: Mind you, the UK has 8.05 million people currently suffering covid 19. 'Peanuts!
Ref: John Hopkins University Applied Physics Lab (JHU APL)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

BBLUX wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:14 pm I do not see the Chinese vaccines used for most in Egypt on that list so this is a misleading story.
Some time ago now Egypt entered into an agreement with the Chinese company to set up a vaccine manufacturing centre in Egypt to ensure Africa would get the vaccines at a reduced price, plus storage like the Oxford, did not need to be kept at a very low temp, ideal for that part of the world. However within a short period it was discovered that Sinovac was less than 60% successful. (It's latest booster for the 'D' variant is no more than 70%).

As a result of this fact, Egypt has mainly exported Sinovac to it Arab neighbours, as I mentioned last week to such places as the Lebanon, where as a result of Egypt's 'great generosity', it was able to sign contracts with the Egyptian state owned company to totally re-build it's devastated docks and surrounding areas, the very same week as millions of vaccine were dispatched to Beirut.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

It seems that Porton Down has discovered a strange things about the South African variant is something to feel quite worried about. The Department of Health have instructed all NHS facilities to be on guard. It appears that most of the major vaccines are now not responding there.

If I was at Porton Down, I would be just as worried about the Brazil and Peru variant, but no doubt this will come into play towards the end of this year. The Dr above rightly points to the high infection rate in the U.K., and is certainly the highest in Central Europe, however we were the first to remove all the restrictions. Having said that, this leaves the people here open to what may occur by late December when flu symtoms are at the peak, add to that, a possible 'F' variant of Covid.
hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by hatusu »

We're aaaall doomed! Doomed ah say!
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I tend to think that the UK's refusal to acknowledge the Sinopharm vaccine is more a political one that concern over it's worth. This is the one I recieved here, fortunate for me Thailand accepts this as a an entry vaccine, but unfortunately Thailand only accepts folk from Egypt if they quorantean for 10/14 days in one of their very expensive government approved hotels. So I'm content to wait until, say, 2024 for my next holiday. As Afour says, the bank account is overflowing in unused cash lol.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I thought Thailand was "opening up" again and quarantine was no longer required. Whilst the bars are not to open immediately they are due to November.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

carrie wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:42 am I thought Thailand was "opening up" again and quarantine was no longer required. Whilst the bars are not to open immediately they are due to November.
Yes carrie, they have issued a list of several countries that can now enter without quarantine from the 1st of November, UK just one of them. Why anyone would choose to go then is beyond me as the sale of alcohol is banned until the 1st of December. Most Arab countries that wish to visit require quarantine, Egypt being one of them. The cost is around £1,750 for the duration, plus 3 PCR tests amounting to around £400. Just not worth the added cost. They are releasing an extended list in January so hopefully Egypt will be on it. But I think they still remember the Egyptian soldiers that landed in Bangkok and went for walkies infecting hundreds of locals lol.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:47 am But I think they still remember the Egyptian soldiers that landed in Bangkok and went for walkies infecting hundreds of locals lol.
I imagine a few of the soldiers came back with more than a suntan :oops:

It’s good to see nations freely exchanging things.....although....perhaps not communicable diseases :sk
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

newcastle wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:05 pm
Dusak wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:47 am But I think they still remember the Egyptian soldiers that landed in Bangkok and went for walkies infecting hundreds of locals lol.
I imagine a few of the soldiers came back with more than a suntan :oops:

It’s good to see nations freely exchanging things.....although....perhaps not communicable diseases :sk
On the contrary, all " working girls" are required by law to take transmissible disease tests every 3 months at their own expense although the bar owners usually pay as it guarantees their staff will not bring a bad reputation to their establishments due to a customer suddenly developing a bout of itching and rashes. There is a no bare back rule in place, condoms are a must use rule. Thailand, in comparison to a lot of other countries probably has a very low infection rate. Drugs use creates far more transmissible diseases on the whole. But having said that, personally speaking I have refrained from sampling the night time delights, better to air on the side of caution me thinks.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Abstinence is probably very sensible.

I’m sure the Thai authorities do their best....but it’s significant that Thailand has one of the highest rates of HIV in Asia.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Covid 19 in the UK.

So, "we have got this virus beaten, really ?

15 days ago the London Marathon:
(Spot a or any mask wearer)

Covid-19 vaccinations in the UK:
67.6% fully vaccinated = 33.5% unvaccinated

Daily cases 49,156 + 8,932 v last week.

In hospital 7,097 + 321 v last week.

Daily deaths 45 + 17 v last week.

Cases and deaths as published on 18 Oct, hospital numbers on 15 Oct. Vaccine rate is % total population to have received two doses by 17 Oct. Source: PHE.

Well folks that's the great British Public for you, like I said:
"Beware you are surrounded by total f-----idiots.. 8)

Ps: An average of 120 covid daily deaths. Virus what virus ?

Pss: They say we have to live with it, tell that to the 139 thousand who have died with it..
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Spot the total f------idiots not wearing masks...

As opposed to the other lot wearing masks..

It makes one want to weep, I wonder if they even bother to wash their hands after using the loo... 8)

Ps: I would be on a plane tomorrow if I was the only passenger.
I was reading in an empty pub lunchtime 30 maskless people trouped in all hugging and touching.
I 'mouthed to Vi the barmaid,"wedding or funeral ? she mouthed back "funeral"
Probably theirs next week f----stupid british plebs !

Pss: Bet we have another lockdown here by Xmas, 'any takers ?
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Pss: Bet we have another lockdown here by Xmas, 'any takers ?
I think you’d lose....not because lockdown wouldn’t be sensible, but because there’s no way Boris would sanction it. It’s another “ dead in ditch” red line.

Cases are rising simply because we’re not taking the routine precautions of mask wearing, social distancing and regular self testing....despite the fact that all these measures are free and have little downside.

And the government is to blame by not getting the message out....and completely abandoning what legal restraints there were....in the name of “ opening up”. It’s clearly too soon to “ open up” unless you don’t care about the resulting hospitalisations and deaths.

On a couple of bus trips recently, i was the only one wearing a mask...despite the fact that it It’s still mandatory on TFL services and there are regular automated announcements. In the supermarket few staff or customers were masked.

It’s infuriating.....because I'm well aware that my mask gives me little protection.I want others to protect me by wearing theirs! I’m still avoiding social contact as far as possible.

Life in these circumstances was much more pleasant, and easier to maintain, with my family in Egypt to whom I’ll be returning after Christmas .

Unlike Who2, I’m not freaked out by the thought of several hours in a crowded airport or plane. On recent trips I’ve found the vast majority of fellow travellers adhere to mask wearing etc and, whilst acknowledging you’ll always get the occasional idiot, I’m not going to let them ruin my life.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Here is a statement yesterday by minister Kwasi Kwarteng:

"That is why I am encouraging the Government to do what they can to encourage Plan B, which is more face mask wearing, more boosters.”

And here is Kwarteng not wearing his mask...ffs.... 8)
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Listening to Sajid Javid this afternoon I got the distinct impression that implementation of the government’s Plan B is on the cards. This doesn’t amount to “ lockdown” in the sense we have experienced previously, but perhaps a return to compulsory mask wearing, restrictions on access to venues to those vaccinated, etc.

The only question is whether the government admits the need to do so urgently or, as it has so often in the past, dithers until the NHS is under severe pressure and the social outcry becomes deafening.

In the meantime, they seem to be concentrating more on mopping up those remaining unvaccinated and pressing ahead with the development of antivirals specific to covid....areas where they can claim some success - although whether it comforts those continuing to die on a daily basis , I doubt.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Any one got today's scores ?........ 8)
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

James Cleverly (the other one) is my mate's cousin. Chris Cleverly of what once was 'google eye tv.
The family lived in Charterhouse Square next door to Florian Court a magnificent art deco block,
as depicted as Whitehaven Mansions with Hercule Poirot.

Amazing what my old mates get up to, Chris was also one of UK youngest QC's, so he said.. 8)
fascinating...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... nabis.html

"I always knew that boy would go far......
Sophocles.