25 foreigners barred from entering Egypt for not presenting PCR result

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

25 foreigners barred from entering Egypt for not presenting PCR result

Post by DJKeefy »

27 August 2020: Sources at Cairo International Airport told Egypt Today that 25 foreigners of different nationalities have been barred from entering the country since Mid-August because of not presenting the result of the PCR test.

Since mid-August, non-Egyptians arriving to Cairo International Airport have been required to bring the result of the PCR test for them to be allowed in the country. Foreigners flying to resort towns in the Red Sea and South Sinai are exempted from such rule. Also, children aged below 6 are not required to carry out the test. The PCR test must not be carried out more than three days before boarding time.

International flights were suspended in March but resumed in July. Throughout that duration, tens of thousands of Egyptians were repatriated by EgyptAir and affiliate airlines.

Source: https://www.egypttoday.com/Article/1/91 ... enting-PCR

Adamantium

Re: 25 foreigners barred from entering Egypt for not presenting PCR result

Post by Adamantium »

Casting my mind back to the Bird Flu the most we had to deal with was a temperature check at the airport. So much hassle. I say this as personally I have to apply to Ministry to bring in certain medication. Now there is this. All the Hassle before we get there. I feel sorry for those turned away. To spend the day excited, buzzing on the plane then finally land. You are there in Egypt. Sun, blue Nile and all that history. Sights , sounds, aromas, only then to have to sit around in an airport lounge waiting for the next possible flight. It shows people should do their homework. But I was not aware of it until I read it here. Just like in UK when at the drop of a hat they decide the next place to be quarantined. We have to keep right up to date. No good if you are off in one or two days. Better to Redbook at the UK end than have the holiday ruined. The new normal is topsy turvy .
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: 25 foreigners barred from entering Egypt for not presenting PCR result

Post by newcastle »

It’s a bit of a mystery how these 25 individuals got on a plane destined for Cairo without showing a negative PCR test certificate at their point of departure. It’s standard practice for all airlines which would have been notified of Egyptian regulations ahead of them coming into operation.

That an individual traveller might be unaware is possible....but he/she would soon be apprised of the requirement when buying a ticket or , at the latest, when checking in for their flight.

Normally they would be refused boarding as the airline would be responsible for repatriating them should they be refused entry on grounds of which the airline should have been aware.