Just out of interest.

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Just out of interest.

Post by newcastle »

BENNU wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:13 am
Major Thom wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:11 am I realise most of you live in Egypt because its cheap to live
If I had a piastre for each time you have posted this, I could buy myself a ticket to Cyprus!
If it’s true - which I doubt - that some expats moved to Egypt because it’s cheap, at least it’s a decision which makes some sense.

As he’s often boasted, MT has no need of a cheap place. He’s loaded.

He went because he’d had a few nice holidays there in 5 star hotels. Then he bought a villa, got scammed ( not knowing the language or the people) and eventually fled with his tail between his legs having lost a shed load of money.

Tell me.....who’s the more stupid? :)))

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Just looking at videos taken in Alexandria yesterday, people roaming about without a care no protection, no social distancing, basically no nothing. It even showed police sat down on seats, not caring, again no PPE, and stopping nothing. I frequently look at videos put on by Luxor Portal, again the same! I am pleased though you all feel safe. If an ex pat gets the disease please copy your health care bill and treatment in hospital to this site! Oh No, on second thoughts don't too many will suffer mental health problems ha ha! I saw a post about me not respecting the help from local people, oh so wrong you were, not only did I respect the help, I made sure they got double the help back, and more! I had many good locals as friends that you would not know and an still in contact with them to hear their stories. You never saw me much in Luxor or Gezera I agree so the presumption we had no friends or would not accept help is a figment of your imagination. You all obviously know why we kept our distance from Luxor and Gezera.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

Just looking at videos taken in Alexandria yesterday, people roaming about without a care no protection, no social distancing, basically no nothing. It even showed police sat down on seats,
It makes you wonder how old your videos are MT. Scaremongering again? My friends say the city is a lot quieter now with the curfew in force and many are protecting themselves.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

For someone that would regularly boast of not using 'social media', stating various reasons about that in negative and derogative terms, Major Thom does now at least admit to using it.

It is fair to say that, yes, there were many people in Alexandria flouting the advice given about going out, social distancing etc. and the beaches were, naturally popular. Not unlike the situation at Bondi Beach in Major Thom's beloved Australia. Law enforcement officers have had to step in and take control. Around the world, including the UK, and I dare say Cyprus too (although we would have to look to a different source of information), have an idiot brigade - people who think it will not happen to them and are not conscious of, or willing to accept, the danger they put others in.

Perhaps, instead of giving this new Corna virus it's name of Covid 19, it should have been more frequently, from the outset, called a plague. Maybe then more people would have taken note and acted appropriately.

These are still early days for many of us in this crisis, and we know things are going to get worse before they get better. I just hope that for those areas that do now seem to be coming out the other side, eg China, they do not relax their guard too soon. This virus is new and we don't fully know its behaviour because there is no track record. Equally, the science has yet to catch up with the virus and some of that won't be possible for a long time yet.

Stay safe. Stay at home. Stay healthy.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Thanks Hepzibah, I am sure most of us are following advise and not reveling in the prospect of anyone getting sick. Unlike some.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Give me details I will send you a couple of hundred Bennu ha!!
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

There was a massive protest in Alexandria the other day against coronavirus where thousands of people marched down the streets shouting "God is great" people came out on their balconies and shouted back in support of them.

Apparently they said prayers before the march to protect themselves against the virus :roll:
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

I find it very difficult to believe what is happening TODAY in luxor from the usual suspects on this site, when I read what Keefy writes up on this major subject. The Dr I feel sure would give us a guarded insight if he was back home on the West Bank.

I am more than grateful to Dusak, who informs us as to the happenings in his 'own back yard', up there in Karnak, which certainly reflects the true life of what is happening in other parts of Upper Egypt today. It shows that the average Upper Egyptian mentality is to imagine this thing will simply go away,...it certainly will not.

Why is it that the usual ex-pat subjects on the site seem to think that everything is rosie in Luxor, do each of them have a business there, and afraid to frighten future clients or what ?

It reminds me of the events during the so called revolution when certain ex-pat business's there were saying every thing was wonderful n Luxor, while bullets were flying around like fireworks.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Am I the only person who hasn't got a clue who A-Four is referring to when he says
'Why is it that the usual ex-pat subjects on the site seem to think that everything is rosie in Luxor, do each of them have a business there, and afraid to frighten future clients or what ?'

I think it's very clear to everyone that Luxor, nay Egypt, ... and the rest of the world come to that, is not open for business at the moment - tourism or otherwise.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
4u Network
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Arab Emirates

Post by 4u Network »

A-Four please take a look at the "Posting Etiquette" within the forum rules post, I have posted a direct link for you below.

Removed 2 posts :ct

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=864
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

HEPZIBAH wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:53 pm Am I the only person who hasn't got a clue who A-Four is referring to when he says
'Why is it that the usual ex-pat subjects on the site seem to think that everything is rosie in Luxor, do each of them have a business there, and afraid to frighten future clients or what ?'

I think it's very clear to everyone that Luxor, nay Egypt, ... and the rest of the world come to that, is not open for business at the moment - tourism or otherwise.
Take no notice Hepzibah. He’s just sulking that no one takes any notice of - or responds to - his pearls of wisdom on egyptology or financial matters. Galling for the most knowledgeable member ( in his own estimation) of the forum. It beggars belief that he purports to know what’s happening in Egypt...given he hasn’t been here for years.

“There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.”
― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

Even MT manages to avoid total irrelevance. :lol:
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I for one have not read A Fours posts for months.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

You may be able to purchase a ticket but at present there is no way you will be allowed to get off the plane. Tickets are cheap enough anyway its only an hours flying time from Cairo.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Have I missed something, has anyone expressed an interest in going to Cyprus?
Blacksheep
Egypt

Post by Blacksheep »

I'm a resident in Karnak,lived in this lovely country for 14 years. I am stranded in the UK with no base, 2 return flights cancelled so far.Everything I own and love is in Luxor.Please God ,get me back "home".Nowhere in the world is " safe" riight now. it's the measures we take to stay safe.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Same as I Blacksheep time wise. I pity you, you would be much safer here than the UK I honestly believe. But looking on the bright side, ''all that you have'' will be far safer and still here for when you eventually return home than in most places in the UK, I honestly believe.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.