Craft Market

Get the best advice about your holiday in Luxor.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Craft Market

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I understand that there is a Craft Market taking place on the Luxor Temple/mosque plaza area. I don't have any real details other than there are some 'nice things' to buy.
I think it is there for the next 2 or 3 days.

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Re: Craft Market

Post by hatusu »

Lots of nice things and no hassle.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Hatusu, what does 'nice things' consist of?
Is it purely local crafts?
Is it just Egyptain crafts?
Is it International crafts?

Are prices reasonable for the items?
-Aldous Huxley

hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by hatusu »

To be honest Hepzi I didnt have time to "Stand and Stare" as I was on my way to a dental appointment so it was just a quick walk through to see what was there so I cant advise on any prices. The stalls all looked wonderful - traditional ladies clothes (very bling, which I love), childrens clothes, beautiful mosaic ceramics, jewellery, hand carved wooden ornaments,rugs,etc etc. Everything looked good quality, there was no "tat". And most important of all - no hassle from any of the stalls I walked past.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Well I am going to see if it's still there tomorrow, if it is will let you know.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I filmed this the day it opened, interviewed many of the sellers for my friends YT travel channel. All are locally created from various regions of Egypt. This is the best one so far, with some very interesting new innovations, make sure you check out the nutty professor with his static electricity removal via rock salt. No hassle, and prices are very reasonable. In regards to the YT, it will contain around thirty half hour episodes just using my smart phone, the quality is very good, but a little shaky at times. the footage will start to be released in a couple of months, and of course with my own kind of commentary lol. Just my own efforts to create new interest in visiting the great city of Luxor.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Good to see you contribute again Dusak. However, I do find it sad that you knew about this market but didn't share about it, and possibly other events and places, here, especially when you say ' Just my own efforts to create new interest in visiting the great city of Luxor.'
-Aldous Huxley

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Well went over the water yesterday but didn't visit the market, I will now though after reading Dusak's post, has anyone any idea when it ends?

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

To be fair i was going to the money exchange when I saw it, only four days ago which is the day you posted, the day I was told was the first day, I was told there was a post on here talking about it so logged on, I just do not have the time of late to look on the forum as often as I used too do. I'm using a lot of my free time doing this filming up to four hours each time, then editing it, then sending it to my friend in the UK for the final edit, this also takes a long time. when all is finished i will post the link and you can subscribe to the channel if you wish, which is free, to view my efforts and pass comments. I'm not using a state of the art gopro camera, just my Samsung J7pro. The picture and sound is very good, apart from the first two episodes when I had the wrong aspect ratio set, so this is in narrow format. You try walking around for up to two hours at a time holding a camera phone at arms length for a continuous shot lol.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Quote: 'You try walking around for up to two hours at a time holding a camera phone at arms length.

The idiots I bump into seem to be holding & staring at their 'dumb phones for over 12 hrs.
7 days a week...But at least you are doing something useful, Nb: try one of those selfie sticks attached to a
harmonica harness like Donovan & Dylan did!!!!..... 8)

here you go = https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chest-Harness- ... 2820196744
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

Alistair1967

Post by Alistair1967 »

Who2 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:42 pm
Quote: 'You try walking around for up to two hours at a time holding a camera phone at arms length.

The idiots I bump into seem to be holding & staring at their 'dumb phones for over 12 hrs.
7 days a week...But at least you are doing something useful, Nb: try one of those selfie sticks attached to a
harmonica harness like Donovan & Dylan did!!!!..... 8)

here you go = https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chest-Harness- ... 2820196744

I was in London for a couple of days last week. Seems the populace are more determined than ever to avoid looking where they are actually f***ing going, and use these smartphone thingies to achieve this.🤬

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Alistair1967 wrote: I was in London for a couple of days last week. Seems the populace are more determined than ever to avoid looking where they are actually f***ing going, and use these smartphone thingies to achieve this.🤬
You want to try living here, some of the antics of the average people is quite crazy, especially in the so called Canary Wharf district. I think the worst thing I have seen is people on these i-phones who use their thumbs to type out what appears to be almost essays on these things. What they do not realise is the direct strain they are putting on their hand, and the arthritis they will certainly suffer in later life.

The other daft thing is people running in the street during their lunch breaks, they do this on stone or Tarmac surfaces, when in my young day we did this on running tracks. Many here are training for the London Marathon, where these people do more damage to their knees and hips than at any other time in their lives. I live at the half way stage of these marathons, the pain I have seen on the faces of these people is terrible,......but in their mind they must go on.

Alistair1967

Post by Alistair1967 »

I lived in London in the eighties for a few years, its a nicer place now in some respects, but more overcrowded than ever, of course. Technology is part of modern lifestyles, and I find my iPhone much more a boon than anything else - but do not stare mindlessly at it whilst walking down the street. I have a Facebook page, but it's hardly active. As for the Marathon -good luck to the amateurs who wish to put themselves through it. I know a guy who's done it more than once, and he is on the heavier side, but doesn't seem to suffer from it.