Two men win Strictly DK

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Two men win Strictly DK

Post by BENNU »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... final.html

First ever male couple on Denmark's version of Strictly Come Dancing win the final after wowing judges with their paso doble

Gay actor Jakob Fauerby, 42, and dancer Silas Holst, 36, have continually blown audiences away with their passionate dance routines over the past few weeks. 

The pair, the first all-male ensemble in the show's 16-year history, received the highest scores in four of the show's eight episodes. 

Mr Fauerby decided before going on the programme that he would ask to be paired with a man if he was selected. 

Once he made the request the judges said that it was something they could probably talk about. 

Mr Holst came back from a five-year break from the show in order to join Mr Fauerby in representing the LGBTQ+ community. 

Throughout the competition fans have made numerous comments about how they are unable to tell who is the professional dancing and who is the amateur. 

Mr Fauerby told LGBTQ Nation: 'We are a small country of only 5.6 million people, and every Friday more than a million people tune in to watch the show and many more watch it on-demand afterward.

'There are very few shows that everyone sees, and this is one of them, so there are a lot of feelings connected to it.'

The couple were met with criticism in the early stages of the competition by Mr Fauerby continued as normal. 

He joked: 'What happened after the first two shows is that people saw that we weren’t going to have anal sex on stage.

:a4: You can watch their dance here:

https://underholdning.tv2.dk/video/emhp ... mlxU0FVM0c
:a4:

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Re: Two men win Strictly DK

Post by carrie »

Sorry Bennu but I cant make the video work I would have loved to watch it.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Unfortunately the video won't work for me either.

This year, there have been signs of the BBC paving the way for same sex couples to dance in Strictly UK next year. They have all ready done it in a professionals group dance.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

I could not share the video itself, only the whole page from the TV station, but if you scroll down and click the video:

"Se Jakob og Silas i en freestyle", (= see Jakob and Silas in a freestyle)

or copy the link rather than opening it here, then it seems to work! I shared it because I know some of you are addicted to Strictly.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

'I know some of you are addicted to Strictly.'

Oh yes indeedy!

Oddly enough, I didn't follow Strictly initially. I only came to it because of the chatter here about it. It was ladiesthat lived fulltime in Luxor that were addicted and passed on their enthusiasm.

I'll try the video again later when I'm on my laptop.
-Aldous Huxley
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I seem to be able to watch the video ok.

All in can say is......it didn’t resemble any paso doble I’ve witnessed in ballrooms! Then again, Strictly does tend to “elaborate” on classical dances ( and I don’t mean just the same sex couple bit ) :lol:

I only see clips of the prog occasionally but , to me, it resembles something more akin to an Olympic gymnastics event!
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

newcastle wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:02 pm I seem to be able to watch the video ok.

All in can say is......it didn’t resemble any paso doble I’ve witnessed in ballrooms!
This they call freestyle, Newcastle! There is another video on the page, showing their paso doble. I gave up finding an English article that did not say paso doble.

I don't know if they dance two choreographies in the final, I am sure that I would be watching it if I were in Denmark, but here I focus on Egyptian dance.

You can also watch their tango and probably more. Click the videos that mention Jakob og Silas.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

BENNU wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:00 pm

This they call freestyle, Newcastle! There is another video on the page, showing their paso doble. I gave up finding an English article that did not say paso doble.

I don't know if they dance two choreographies in the final, I am sure that I would be watching it if I were in Denmark, but here I focus on Egyptian dance.

You can also watch their tango and probably more. Click the videos that mention Jakob og Silas.
In the UK each couple dance two different dances in the Semi Final. I think the Finalists perform three different dances. (But I could be wrong about that.)
-Aldous Huxley
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Oh, that makes sense then, Hepzibah. You are the expert!

I usually get to watch one or two episodes of anything on Danish TV before going back to Egypt, so I did not understand why they mentioned paso doble in all the articles I could find in English.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Thanks for the clarification!

I’m no expert ....but it did look as if they were, with respect the paso doble, taking liberties. :lol:

All’s clear now.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Picking up on newcastle's comment - it does seem to me that over the years more and more ... hmm shall we say ... liberties have been taken with what is considered more true and traditional choreography and rules of dance.
I know that, as a Dance Competition, the programme comes under umbrella of entertainment, but the emphasis seems to be more on the Entertainment than on the Competition these days, and ... to borrow a phrase from another L4U member ... 'Entertainment is a broad church'.
-Aldous Huxley
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

If, I commented upon this topic I would probably be barred...again!........ 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:28 pm If, I commented upon this topic I would probably be barred...again!........ 8)
I can picture you in a tutu dancing to music from Swan Lake. :lol:
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

BENNU wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:00 pm

Bennu, I've just watched the semi-final of the UK Strictly. Tonight the four couples each had two dances to perform.
At the final next week there will be three couples, each with three dances to perform: Couples choice from a dance they have performed during the season; Judges choice from a dance performed during the season; Show Dance, which can be/is likely to be a completely new dance.
I'm not sure if all three couples dance all three dances. I have a feeling that one couple is eliminated before the Show Dance (so actually only dance twice), but I'm not 100% sure about that.
-Aldous Huxley
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

I think in the UK there is a guy from a pop group called H dancing with another man, but really who cares its 2020 almost. This might well be a common thing in years to come. My own attitude is live and let live in a modern world. In some respects I think good for them!
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Major Thom wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:54 am I think in the UK there is a guy from a pop group called H dancing with another man,
Incorrect.
-Aldous Huxley