Good morning world.

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Good morning world.

Post by John Landon »

what a beautiful day
6 am go outside my front door. Look up into the great black sea to see Orion and Sirus looking down. Really bright. Amazing sight.

A few coffees and ciggies later to wake myself up properly and Everything is so colourful this morning. Pastel blue sky revealed after the cirrus clouds gently dispersed. Green grass. Birds singing.

Out for a meal in an hour to catch up with my uncle and other family members down at the royal Oak in Bangor is y coed.

Gotta love the good times. 8)

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Re: Good morning world.

Post by BENNU »

I woke up on a beautiful island in The Nile. After a stroll around the colourful garden, I am having sweet fruit and champagne under the palms in the breeze while listening to the gentle waves.
This place holds many memories for me and I know that this moment will be part of me for a long time.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Morning sunny as usual!
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

As always dear friends

So happy to see you all where you want to be.

If you appreciate that, then you really have got it made. Wherever you may find yourself in this world.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Amazing day yesterday. We all had a great time and my uncle was quite emotional when he got back to Oxford after he opened up his last present from us which we told him had to be opened only when he got home.
His 70th birthday will be one he won't forget in a hurry.

Typically it's raining today, my wife went to work at 7 leaving me with one of the grandchildren.
We have abandoned or plans to go metal detecting up at Caergwrle castle.

The ideal opportunity to watch some of the DVD's we brought back from Turkey and eat Nutella toast... 😎
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Just popped over here from E4U. I have a few 'Girlfriends' over there ;) but my one buddy, Horus, decided to withdraw from the forums so, apart from occasional visits by Bigken and Bblux, I am the only bloke over there. :(
As for today, cloudy, dull and probably rain on the way. How we envy you Bennu and Who2 :mrgreen:
Autumn is well upon us and from the abundance of chestnuts, it will be a severe winter if the 'old wives tale' is to be believed.
This was yesterdays harvest swept up on the patio.
IMG_20191012_120611_BURST001_COVER.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grandad :gg:
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I always think I'm blessed when I wake up in a morning. I may not always like the day in front of me, but at least I've woken with a chance to face it and deal with it in whatever way is appropriate or possible.

Yesterday I woke early, far too early to consider getting up on a dark, cold wet morning. It took no effort to turn over, pull the duvet back up over my shoulders and drift off back into the comfort of sleep. I didn't stir until my emergency alarm went off. I seldom need an alarm but always have it set, just in case.

Unfortunately, my well planned day, didn't quite go to plan. Having showered and dressed (always a good idea to complete those tasks before leaving the building), I was just about to set off when I started feeling nauseous and feint, ultimately meaning I had to go and lay down again. A few phone calls later and I had cancelled my coffee date, flu jab, afternoon visit to friends, and decided the supermarket shopping could wait for another day. I finally surfaced mid afternoon feeling absolutely fine and irritated that I'd lost a day of my precious weekend.

Today's another day. I'm up. I'm sort of awake. I'm inefficiently working my way through a 'Must Do' list. The rain has stopped so perhaps I should abandon my list and jobs and get out for a bit of fresh air. Hmm... then again... there is still another cup of coffee in the pot that needs drinking. Mustn't let it go to waste.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Grandad wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:28 am Just popped over here from E4U. I have a few 'Girlfriends' over there ;) but my one buddy, Horus, decided to withdraw from the forums so, apart from occasional visits by Bigken and Bblux, I am the only bloke over there. :(
As for today, cloudy, dull and probably rain on the way. How we envy you Bennu and Who2 :mrgreen:
Autumn is well upon us and from the abundance of chestnuts, it will be a severe winter if the 'old wives tale' is to be believed.
This was yesterdays harvest swept up on the patio.

IMG_20191012_120611_BURST001_COVER.jpg
Grandad,
You may have your 'girlfriends', and occasional male buddies, over on E4U but I'm glad that you have remembered that you have friends over here on L4U too. It's good to read your posts again - thank you.

I'm impressed by your harvest of chestnuts. Sadly my walnut tree did not deliver a crop this year. It does seem to go in cycles, but this year was very poor, and not only was I not able to harvest any but I think the squirrels and birds did not fare well either. On the plus side, I don't have to walk through all the debris that the squirrels and magpies normally leave behind on my drive.
-Aldous Huxley
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

I woke up with all the light, aircon, clothes and makeup on, exhausted after the journey and new impressions from a city that I know so well.

I did not know where I was until I opened the curtains and instead of Mohamed Ali Mosque saw balloons and more tourist buses than I have seen for years.
I knew I was home, like first time I arrived in Luxor - I did not like it as I did Cairo and Aswan, but I knew that Luxor was my destiny.

No more champagne for breakfast with a view of the pyramids, but when the falafel guy called me from downstairs, I knew that I was home. No violin, quanoun, accordion or ney playing the best of bellydance, but my own private artist singing my favourite classics and challenging me with complicated old songs, while I witness from my home the life of the people for whom this music with its emotional lyrics is composed. I danced with flip flops, now the cleaner is removing months of dust, and tonight I shall dance under the full moon.

I bring the magic with me from Upper to Lower and Lower to Upper Egypt, the musicians sense this, the dancers appreciate it, but in Luxor, I dance alone. All I have is the music and the feeling. I am free to live where I want, and that is how I know, that this is where I want to be. I am back home on Luxor West Bank.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

HEPZIBAH wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:03 pm
Grandad wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:28 am

I'm impressed by your harvest of chestnuts. Sadly my walnut tree did not deliver a crop this year. It does seem to go in cycles, but this year was very poor, and not only was I not able to harvest any but I think the squirrels and birds did not fare well either. On the plus side, I don't have to walk through all the debris that the squirrels and magpies normally leave behind on my drive.

An enormous chestnut tree darkens my Copenhagen home, but it also brings a city girl closer to nature. Since I became a grandmother, I have experienced some weeks each year of the Scandinavian springtime because I cannot stay away from the little ones too long and since they were both born late September, I get to see the chestnuts and the leaves of gold and amber, before I fly south after their birthdays.

Luxor is a lot warmer than Cairo where it is really pleasant right now. Soon, I can let the winter sun fill my home, something I remember when it gets too dark in Copenhagen or too bright here.

Tired of all the things I had witnessed closer to The Nile, I moved out here more than nine years ago to spend my last year in Egypt. I chose this place because of the view, but what I found made me stay and enjoy life. I have my share of problems, but they are not Luxor related, so enjoying my blessings does not mean that I close my eyes to the ugly side of life. This is where I find strength to deal with the darkness.

Cairo has always given me the power to live peacefully in Luxor.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I've just read a poster with the following quote which is attributed to Graucho Marx. It fits this thread so I'll leave it here.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
-Aldous Huxley
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

I was up my normal time 4.30am to take my dogs walking through the fresh smell of the pine forests, followed by coffee and breakfast at Maro'sin the village. The sun rising above the Troodos mountains and the shout of kalimera from the village street cleaners. Great!!
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I woke up this morning to the sound of the sparrows pecking away at my bedroom window. Threw one of my slippers at the window to scare them away. It worked but only for 10 minutes and then they were back. Decided to get up make a cup of tea have a cig and a cuppa on the balcony.
Cool air, balloons floating past the date palms gently swaying. good to be alive. I will put some bread out for the sparrows.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

The birds are important. Listen carefully and feed them as often as you can..
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I'm just glad to wake up in the morning, full stop. :D
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.