A disgrace

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

A disgrace

Post by carrie »

Yesterdays "debate" in parliament was an absolute disgrace. Which ever party you may support your representative sunk to an all time low.
I know feelings are riding high but to behave like fish wives screaming at each other is completely unacceptable. I feel ashamed, the "honorable gentlemen" did themselves no good either in Britain nor abroad.
Bring back Lord Sutches Screaming Looney Party it's the only one I would vote for. :xx

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: A disgrace

Post by newcastle »

Par for the course these days Carrie.

To be fair, much of the business of the house is conducted politely in front of near empty benches.....but put Boris, or one of his minions, on display and all hell breaks loose.

A government without a majority is always fair game.....and a PM with the most unsuccessful track record (in office) in history is bound to get a large amount of flak.

The sooner we have a General Election the better. I’m not sure why Boris simply doesn’t resign and call the Labour bluff? Possibly because the outcome would be even murkier...or, more likely, that it would be too much for his pride to swallow.

Until then we’ll have more of this “yah boo” stuff..quite unedifying.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

You are quite right Carrie and now that screeching mob on the Labour side are trying to make up stories about how he insulted the murdered MP Jo Cox. Throughout Boris remained polite unlike the Labour mob calling him a liar and a cheat, even our new Prime Minister John Berk-o had to interveen on that one and make John Blackwood that well known SNP ranter retract it. He then had to get another unrue accusation from a ranting female Labour MP to be struck from the record, in all this time Boris showed utter politeness towards these howling women.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Horus wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:40 am You are quite right Carrie and now that screeching mob .......he insulted the murdered MP Jo Cox. ......our new Prime Minister John Berk-o..Labour mob calling him a liar and a cheat, .......John Blackwood that well known SNP ranter ..........untrue accusation from a ranting female Labour MP .......these howling women.
Tsk! Tsk!

QED :snig:
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I have to disagree Horus, I thought Boris Johnson's behavior yesterday and his language appalling.
I admit to have been a Labour supporter all my life, although I couldn't possibly vote for them now and the way they reacted only confirmed me in that view.
Who ever you voted for, what ever part of the political spectrum, yesterdays disgraceful exhibition should make us all ashamed.
We are in the middle of a political crises, to leave or not to leave, on what terms? In the interst of the country the politicians should try to put aside their differences and for once put the country first.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Boris comes across as arrogant and entitled. He pays lip service to the law but everyone can see that he holds it in contempt.

This is why the opposition frustrated his wishes to have an election....because they felt (rightly in my view) that he’d use it as a way of getting round the law requiring him to seek an extension.

A law he plainly doesn’t like...and one he’ll do anything to frustrate.

His language, and that of some of his colleagues, has, in effect pitched Parliament against “the People”. He’s done this, not out of any deep constitutional beliefs but because he sees it as a way of getting us out of the EU “come what may “...”do or die”....with or without a deal.

He’s painted himself into a corner with his reckless rhetoric and can’t stomach having to climb down.

If he sets the nation on fire, with families rift and at each other’s throats, even if it’s his own family, he doesn’t care. And Labour were quite right to point out that unleashing this divisiveness on the country can reap fatal consequences.

And throughout this fiasco he’s maintaining, without an iota of credibility, that he’s earnestly seeking a deal! May’s deal was ultimately defeated by his own Brexiteers. Fat chance of him bringing anything back to satisfy them, even if you believe he’s trying. :lol:

Michael Deacon - Sketchwriter in the Telegraph sums up the situation nicely:
'The study of Brexit will keep academics busy for decades. But the busiest won’t be historians or political scientists. They’ll be psychologists.

Just look what the EU referendum has done to us. On all sides it’s turned the moderate militant, the rational rabid, and the calm crazed. More than ever before, political thinking seems informed not by evidence or reason but by pride, pigheadedness, delusion – and above all else anger. What we’re witnessing isn’t the conventional cut and thrust of debate. It’s a collective nervous breakdown'.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Quote:I admit to have been a Labour supporter all my life, although I couldn't possibly vote for them now and the way they reacted only confirmed me in that view.

Islington North JC Islington South the rich Emily Thornberry I have lived in both constituencies, but
forget it, Leave means leave If they can't make up their minds, I can... 8)
Ps: And I can't really stand 'prat Boris, I started an egg throwing competition at Clerkenwell Fire Station,
as he used to cycle past. But I did state months ago, a deal with Europe ? forget it...
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

The whole thing is a mess and disgrace.

Televised parliament does not help eithe. It was meant to bring the public closer to the debates and decisions. All it has done is spawn a load of loud mouthed posturing 'celeb' wannabees.

We live in a dumbed down society on too many levels and such parlimentry behaviour is just another manifestion of it.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley