Chop Their Heads Off.

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Chop Their Heads Off.

Post by Hafiz »

Chop Their Heads Off.

Reuters reports that this happened from the Egyptian Emigration Minister in a meeting in Canada with expat Egyptians:

“A recording of Monday’s event posted to social media showed Emigration Minister Nabila Makram gesturing at her neck with her hand to mime the slitting of a throat as she tells the crowd in Arabic that anyone who speaks badly about Egypt should be “chopped”

This creature says the comment – it wasn’t a comment it was an entire video – was taken out of context but she fails to give the context which would give this decapitation gesture a more benign meaning.

People are to be killed not for terrorism but merely for saying ‘bad things’. Such tolerance.

If she says this in public in Canada what does she say/do in private in the hitlerbunker in Cairo.

Revolting but very revealing. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-egyp ... SKCN1UL2HM

More Marie Antoinette than anything else except she lost her head whilst advocating it for others.

Other reports have her saying: "Anyone who speaks out against our country from abroad - what happens to him? He’ll be sliced up.”

The minister then runs a finger across her throat, as the crowd she is seen speaking to laughs, cheers and applauds.

“We won’t stand for even a single word against our country from abroad," Makram added. https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/egyp ... ics-canada

The idiot ignores that the criticisms she objects to aren't against Egypt but the shambles of a Junta she is an inglorious member of. Normally known as political debate.

Here is the video. What is revolting, in the full sense of that word, is that the audience laughed at her gesture and clapped her - illicit sense of that word. https://twitter.com/HuffPostAR/status

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Chop Their Heads Off.

Post by newcastle »

There’s been a lot of discussion in social media on the actual meaning in colloquial Egyptian Arabic of what she said. Some maintain it’s similar to the expression “I’ll kick your ar*e”..... not to be taken literally.

However the slitting throat gesture was pretty conclusive.

Politicians often get carried away with their rhetoric and the lady doesn’t look like a sadistic murderer but she displays , in spades, the inability of most Egyptians to accept any form of criticism. And it’s not confined to regime lackeys like this minister.

Unless Egypt is prepared to acknowledge where it is going wrong, what hope is there for any improvement?
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Well she has done the country a power of good with her remarks. Too many people think of ISIS and their beheading of opponents. Now it will be linked with Egypt in many peoples minds.
I would like to know the composition of the audience she was addressing, ex pat Egyptians living in Canada?
Why have they moved?
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

carrie wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:31 pm Well she has done the country a power of good with her remarks. Too many people think of ISIS and their beheading of opponents. Now it will be linked with Egypt in many peoples minds.
I would like to know the composition of the audience she was addressing, ex pat Egyptians living in Canada?
Why have they moved?

There’s quite a diaspora of Egyptians.....not only in Canada.

They’ve gone historically because of oppression against non-Muslims and, more recently, to escape the wasta/nepotism rife throughout Egypt’s economy....and, of course, the dire state of the education and health services.

Despite the fact that Egyptians hanker for their homeland like no other nationality I know, there’s no sign of any reversal in the numbers hoping to escape Egypt for better prospects abroad.

And they rarely return before reaching retirement age,,,,and then only if they’ve made a small fortune.

But, of course, saying so risks the wrath of the regime and the ostrich-like majority.Personally - I’m not sure they need to be threatened with throat-slitting.....blindness to the faults of the country is ingrained in their DNA!
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

On a similar note Priti Patel the new Home Secretary is a supporter of capital punishment. Good for her!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... ary-years/
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

crewmeal wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:00 am On a similar note Priti Patel the new Home Secretary is a supporter of capital punishment. Good for her!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... ary-years/
She’s said more recently that she no longer favours capital punishment.

However, she remains to the far right with her views on immigrants, drugs etc.

I’m not sure having someone previously dismissed from office - for being a liar - in charge of one of the great offices of state is a good idea.

Her capital punishment views, before she changed them, were farcical and regularly trashed in the media. She claimed it was a deterrent....a theory debunked long ago. Has she been to the USA?

And she would only use it in cases where there was no doubt of guilt. Of course....and if mistakes are made (as they are from time to time)......too bad!
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Perhaps we should let Nabil know that MT is thinking of coming back.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

carrie wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:31 pm Perhaps we should let Nabil know that MT is thinking of coming back.
There’s always the possibility that he won’t get beyond immigration at Cairo.

I seem to recall another former member of this forum, who was rather loud in her condemnation of the regime, being detained when she tried to re-enter the country....and then deported.

Still...perhaps his constant denigration of the country’s facilities, and the cleanliness/honesty of Egyptians generally may not have come to the attention of the powers that be. ;)