WARNING - The £ sterling notes.

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: WARNING - The £ sterling notes.

Post by newcastle »

A-Four would probably get more thanks, and less sarcasm, if his posts weren’t so consistently of the “teaching granny to suck eggs” type.

You’d be forgiven for thinking he’s the only forum member who’s travelled abroad and used money, encountered the health services (in Egypt or UK) or has some knowledge of egyptology.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

A-Four wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:01 pm
A-Four wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:48 am is that the present day £20 note is to be very SWIFTLY withdrawn in 2020.
I can not understand why some people seem to think that I have said there will be no future £20 notes. I live in the City of London, I come into contact with friends who work there, they know I often spend the winter out of the U.K., and a certain person advised me on what is expected to happen to the PRESENT DAY PAPER £20 quite early next year.

Perhaps if you’d used the word “replaced” rather than “withdrawn”.....with no qualification . :urm:
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

A-Four wrote:On this forum I am not able to see thanks given to anyone including myself, I am not able to offer thanks
Searching the forum I have found your last like was back in 2017

viewtopic.php?t=38313&p=441529#p441529

I have not seen any post from you reporting that the like/thanks is not working, I will look into it for you :)
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

DJKeefy wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:29 pm I have not seen any post from you reporting that the like/thanks is not working, I will look into it for you :)
Many thanks for your above message, it's only because of that relatively new 'notification' link that I have noticed who can give me a 'thanks'.

The reason why I have not bothered you with such problems is that, It was quite some time ago that Winged Isis had a serious problem with either sending a P.M. or even receiving one. That facility has not been available to me since late 2015, believe it or not.

It's not too much of a big problem for me Keefy and I am sure you will do your best to correct the situation, though as you have pointed out to others in the past, this complex situation is not easily rectified, best wishes, from you know who. :ct .,...........by the way, that one is tea, and not my usual.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

@A-Four is the "thanks for post" now working?
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

DJKeefy wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:30 am @A-Four is the "thanks for post" now working?
Yer, thanks Keefy, sometime I read a very interesting contribution to the form, and I believe such people should be thanked rather than that old 'like'.

I always remember Stan's comment on the subject of 'like', he always said, if you're going to have likes. then you must also have dislikes.