Is everyone Dead ?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Is everyone Dead ?

Post by Who2 »

Is everyone dead on here except for 'little-ol-me ?
Have all the old-fogies gone to Glasto ?

Suppose it could be the heat ? It's only 47oC here, all depends if one has 'catered for it.
Bet a few 'croak down in Glastonbury....I went once or twice, it was a 5 fiver and I went and slept on the Tor.
I remember Bowie, Hawkwind, Melanie, I loved Melonie, and Convention were cool, the rest I can't remember.
'Mungo Jerry ? who know's...
'The acid was good in those days...So "Let Your fingers do the Talking!!! 'what are your 60/70's memories ?...8)
Ps: Don't like festivals, unless one has :D 'access all areas, it's the toilets that I hate!

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Re: Is everyone Dead ?

Post by BENNU »

I am not dead yet, really enjoying the heat, dancing to live music every day, drinking fresh mango juice and cold Sakkara. I do not want to leave Luxor, but I cannot miss Copenhagen Jazz Festival all over my city next week with some of my favourite musicians. :br

Others prefer Roskilde Festival in Denmark. I have only been there to perform or sell silver, there are always artists I would love to hear in a concert hall, not surrounded by 100.000 people who have not showered for days, but that's just me. It almost always rains, but not this year.

https://www.roskilde-festival.dk/en/line-up/

Roskilde Festival is the largest music and arts festival in Northern Europe. It's also one of the oldest, dating back to 1971.

3. July:

Bob Dylan With His Band, Cardi B, Christine And The Queens, Rosalía, Sheck Wes, Skepta, Tears For Fears, Baby In Vain X Corpus, Carpenter Brut, Farveblind, Ghetto Kumbé, Hatari, Jpegmafia, Maggie Rogers, Pardans, Power Trip, Rolling Blackouts, Coastal Fever, Santrofi, Silvana Imam, Ulver

4. July:

Travis Scott, MØ, Robert Plant And The Sensational Space Shifters, Brockhampton, Jon Hopkins, Jorge Ben Jor, Testament, Amnesia Scanner, Artigeardit, Asmâa Hamzaoui & Bnat Timbouktou, Barselona, Blawan, Bombino, Crack Cloud, Cult Leader, Denzel Curry, Fatoumata Diawara, Full Of Hell & The Body, Giorgia Angiuli, Joey Purp, Julien Baker, Konstrukt, K-X-P, La Dispute, Lankum, Lemaitre, Lucy Dacus, The Maurice Louca Elephantine Band, Nanook, Neneh Cherry, Parquet Courts, Sibusile Xaba, Speaker Bite Me, Stella Donnelly, Søren Huss, Tirzah, Violet (dj)

5. July:

Robyn, Underworld, Vampire Weekend, Bring Me The Horizon, Johnny Marr, Jungle, Spiritualized, 700 Bliss, Aldous Harding, Astrid Sonne, Baest, Bantou Mentale, Black Midi, Dawda Jorbateh Feat. CTM, Descartes A Kant, Emily Dust (dj), The Garifuna Collective, Heave Blood & Die, Hugo Helmig, Inna De Yard, Jada, Julia Holter, Karkhana, Lowly, Lydmor, Misery Index, Nicola Cruz, Octavian, Rival Consoles, Ross From Friends, Saweetie, Sons Of Kemet XL, Sophie, Sushi X Kobe, Throwing Snow, Weyes Blood, Yves Tumor

6. July:

The Cure, Janelle Monáe, Behemoth, Cypress Hill, Jorja Smith, Marina, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Scarlet Pleasure, Alma, The Armed, Bikstok, Catfish And The Bottlemen, Clan Caimán, The Comet Is Coming, Converge, Croatian Amor, DJ Koze, Ena Cosovic (dj), Flohio, Gaye Su Akyol, Girlpool, Ìfé, Khruangbin, Kikagaku Moyo, Koffee And The Raggamuffins Band, La Payara, Liraz, Nakhane, Philip H. Anselmo & The Illegals, Saz'iso, Sofiane Saidi & Mazalda, Tássia Reis, Whores., Zeitkratzer.

:a44:
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I might as well be at Glastonbury given the vibrating sound of the music that's been going on since late afternoon, and likely to go on into the wee small hours, from the house nearest to me. Even their cat vacated my drive, where it prefers to spend its time rather than their garden, and has settled down in the children's play area at the other side of the estate, which still had families sitting out and enjoying the slightly cooler air half an hour ago.
Meanwhile, I'm disappointed that BBC4 is not showing Inspector Montalbano and instead has given the channel over to Glastonbury. Nothing else on the box to watch, and much as I'd love to go to bed, put my feet up and read a book, I can't because of the noise next door (which isn't actually next door but is the nearest house to my flat and my bedroom is on their garden side, not that it's any quieter in my lounge. So I'm sitting in my work office at the other end of the residence, window closed (and that is irritating), trying to write an essay ... and failing.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Well with a memory like that Bennu, 'the drugs don't work.
Hepzi, I understand I'm now on series 10 of New Tricks...nighty night! xxx G
Sophocles.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Summer is here Dr many are on holiday or enjoying the sun. Even here in Cyprus the temps are reaching 44C, we are soending our time on the boat or in the forestry picnicing. So dont worry many will resurrect themselves when their holidays are over. Remember this is the low season for Luxor! Ha Ha.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Major Thom wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:44 am Remember this is the low season for Luxor! Ha Ha.
We may all be dead, but there are still many tourists in Luxor.
:sd:
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Many many tourists in Luxor, and if this is the low season then we are going to be inundated during the high season.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Things are starting to look up then, good news for the locals.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Not really good news for the locals unless of course they are fluent in Chinese,
mine is improving as is my Korean..
"Za shung how ........ 8)
Sophocles.
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Post by BBLUX »

It has been into the 40's here in France for the last week. Humidity quite high as well so it been feeling somewhat sticky.
However we went to a garden jazz party down the road at our friend's chateau last night.
About 50 happy folks enjoyed five hours of good live music and singers and great food. Plenty of le vin et la bierre. Today only in the 30's and a nice bit of breeze.
Whats not to like 8)

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Surprise, Surprise! I might have guessed Luxor is inundated with tourists.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Major Thom, you sound disbelieving about the upturn in Luxor tourism numbers. Do you only ever read or hear the negative news coming out of Egypt, or anywhere else come to that? Perhaps you should widen your Facebook activity - there are lots of news groups there.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Trouble is he thrives on bad news, like all the flame trees being cut down.Which they were not. Can only think his source of information is one of those ex pats who MT seems to know so much about, who hate it here but can't afford to leave. Be more use watching the skies for incoming missiles.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Luxor tourism has changed now and has become the Open Air Museum that they wanted it to be.
Museums open in the morning and close at night.
A long term plan perhaps, as the die hard tourists will always come to stay for a week or 2.

Roskilde is awesome. I have watched much footage from there on Youtube.
This may be fitting given the topic subject. I'm not dead, I'm just f*cking crazy.. 8)

Melanie ? Now there is a blast form the past. I Liked the songs of hers when they came out in the early 70's..

I went to a few concerts and enjoyed Wembley back in 1979, staying in Plumstead common over that weekend.
The Who and AC/DC headlined. Amazing show even though I am not a huge Who ? fan, but I loved Tommy...
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

BENNU wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:20 am
Major Thom wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:44 am Remember this is the low season for Luxor! Ha Ha.
... there are still many tourists in Luxor.
carrie wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:35 am... if this is the low season then we are going to be inundated during the high season.
Major Thom wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:40 am Surprise, Surprise! I might have guessed Luxor is inundated with tourists.
8) Not only are there many tourists - they seem to be enjoying themselves.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Now then people, don't rise to the bait.. :D
hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by hatusu »

Teddy Bears Picnic every week with The Spa Orchestra at Scarborough Spa. Bring your own teddy and nounou.