A near disaster averted on the Nile last night

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

A near disaster averted on the Nile last night

Post by Dusak »

My friend told me this morning that she came close to loosing some of her twenty four family members that had just boarded the ferry to cross over to the WB. The blame for this seems to rest solely on the shoulders of the ticket givers. They just kept taking the money, not controlling the numbers that were rushing to board. Within moments it started to go lower into the water and capsize. The women and children were screaming out prays as they thought this was their time, including my friends sisters, sisters in law and their many kids, men and boys started to jump into the Nile, the police launch arrived as did the local police, others came forwards to help drag the women and children off as it continued to list. Fortunately it started to slowly right itself. No one was injured apparently. But the police then controlled the passenger numbers and allowed it to cross over. Any kind of damage could of accrued due to this listing, so in my opinion, it should of been taken out of service considering what had just happened. To cap it all, those that had seen this happening started to shout and create trouble as they demanded to get onto the ferry instead of waiting for the next one. This was early evening yesterday.

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Re: A near disaster averted on the Nile last night

Post by carrie »

I came back across about 4 yesterday and thought how quiet it was on the ferry. Had to wait ages for it to fill up and move out. I did notice that there were no police on the ferry dock usually when it's a feast they stand there with their length of chain preventing people from getting on the ferry when it is due to sail.
I don't think you can blame the ticket sellers they don't count how many tickets have been sold and the water is so low at the moment I doubt if they can see how many people are on the ferry the ramp obscures their view.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Water so low ? high inundation always kicks off 15th August hasn't gone down much last time I crossed,

a week ago 'just spotted it's saturday, I'm off to check on my phone Saturday really ! My comp has gone 'tits-up
say's sat 15th June.. Sorted.... it's Thursday 'whew! .... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Post by BBLUX »

The power of the Apple Corp for your computer Dr!
A nasty ferry accident narrowly averted from the sound of it. However many had they got onto it for that to happen?

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

No thought goes into safety of anything in Egypt, be it transport, building or even food prep.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

I am rather surprised that you do not know the answer to your last post MT.

The Egyptians have a saying, Insh-a-Allah. it means God Willing.

It assumes that eveything is on Gods hands, and as such, if you were not meant to cross the Nile then you wont...
conversely, getting home in a 30 year old car at 100 MPH at night with no headlamps on a dusty bumpy road, guess what ? yep, its in god's hands.