Pipeline agreement

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Pipeline agreement

Post by Major Thom »

It seems like Cyprus has agreed to extend the Aphrodite Pipeline to Egypt to provide gas to the Country. Hope they get their bills in on time :lol: :lol:

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Pipeline agreement

Post by newcastle »

The pipeline from the Aphrodite field is to transport natural gas to the extensive LNG plants in northern Egypt where it will be liquified for onward transmission to Europe and elsewhere.....an enormous plus for Egypt's economy.

Egypt does not require gas from Aphrodite for domestic consumption. Following the discoveries in its own part of the Zohr field it already expects to be self- sufficient in gas by the end of 2018.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Does not matter if its for domestic or industrial use really Newc. Regarding the transportation from Egypt to elsewhere, they will be at the risk of those controlling the pipeline, the same way Europe is always at the risk to other Countries Pipelines passing through the Country. Personally I do not think there will be much coming out of it financially for the people.

Don't also forget that if things get too bad, (Humanitarian) we have a despot running the US, who is and will be prepared to turn on sanctions.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Major Thom wrote:
Don't also forget that if things get too bad, (Humanitarian) we have a despot running the US, who is and will be prepared to turn on sanctions.
:))) :)))

All that grass- chewing seems to have addled your brains!

What makes you think that Trump has the slightest interest in humanitarian issues - in Egypt or anywhere else for that matter?

For many years the US has been a strong supporter of Egypt's ruling faction and Sisi remains one of Trump's few "friends" amongst world leaders alongside those other bastions of democracy - Putin, Xi Jinping and Kim Jong Un.