Ads on Luxor4u

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Ads on Luxor4u

Post by DJKeefy »

On Egypt4u we had some bug which displayed ads in between some posts, I am not sure if anyone experienced it on here, but it looks like I have fixed the problem now :D

If ads are shown they will only show in the ad bar above the clock (top right) so they will not affect the forum in anyway (ads have always shown there) :)

I know you only get peanuts from someone clicking on the ads but with fortune I pay out each year on domain names and hosting every little peanut helps :lol:

Hint Hint- so please give a quick click on one of the google ads now and again..... Thanks :)

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Ads on Luxor4u

Post by A-Four »

As requested Keefy, I did click on to one of the mentioned adds, being U.K. Investment Hubs Ltd.

This investment company was offering a return of 8% per ann on a three year bond. It says their address is 54 Fenchurch Street, as most people on here know, I live in the City, so checked this out. No such company exists in this new refurbished office block . I further then discover that their new address is suppose to be in Wenlock Road, in the suburbs.

It seems that a Mr Frederick AGYEMANG is its only director,........and if that name don't start alarm bells ringing,...........then check out company's house.

I write this information only to warn the most vulnerable of our elderly members on this site. :wi .
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

With all the monkeying around that goes on on here there is enough peanuts already. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

A-Four wrote:As requested Keefy, I did click on to one of the mentioned adds, being U.K. Investment Hubs Ltd.

I write this information only to warn the most vulnerable of our elderly members on this site. :wi .
I would have though google would check its ads to make sure they are genuine :tk I can block any that you think might not be though, so just let me know and I will block them :)
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

DJKeefy wrote:
A-Four wrote:As requested Keefy, I did click on to one of the mentioned adds, being U.K. Investment Hubs Ltd.

I would have though google would check its ads to make sure they are genuine :tk I can block any that you think might not be though, so just let me know and I will block them :)
Investment Hubs is genuine enough....but not an outfit anyone with any sense would entrust their money to :

"We believe this firm has been providing financial services or products in the UK without our authorisation. Find out why to be especially wary of dealing with this unauthorised firm and how to protect yourself from scammers."

https://www.fca.org.uk/news/warnings/uk ... ub-limited
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

This investment company was offering a return of 8% per ann on a three year bond. It says their address is 54 Fenchurch Street, as most people on here know, I live in the City, so checked this out. No such company exists in this new refurbished office block . I further then discover that their new address is suppose to be in Wenlock Road, in the suburbs.

It seems that a Mr Frederick AGYEMANG is its only director,........and if that name don't start alarm bells ringing,...........then check out company's house.

The thing is A4 that you only saw that particular advertisement because you obviously frequent that sort of financial site, all these adds are target at the user and are based (mainly) on the users browsing choices, not everyone will have seen the same advert. Some may see one for car insurance, or items on ebay, each person will be targeted in a different way to try and generate sales, ironically your warning should be to yourself as you were plainly the scammers target.

All websites carry advertisements and this site is no different, in fact they are less than intrusive compared to most others. No tracking data is done by this site unlike most others you will be using who will certainly use your browsing data to generate income, it is they (Google and the like) that insert the type of adds that you see on any page. ;) that you may browse.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Well I won't be telling you which pop-up ads I keep seeing...... :a64: :a12:
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

newcastle wrote:Well I won't be telling you which pop-up ads I keep seeing...... :a64: :a12:
Well it wont be sex or dating cause I banned them as soon as I saw them :lol:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

DJKeefy wrote:
newcastle wrote:Well I won't be telling you which pop-up ads I keep seeing...... :a64: :a12:
Well it wont be sex or dating cause I banned them as soon as I saw them :lol:
Spoilsport :cry:
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

DJKeefy wrote:Well it wont be sex or dating cause I banned them as soon as I saw them :lol:
:vs In that case, what am I supposed to do with all those Polish babes who suddenly want to meet me? :td
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

BENNU wrote:
DJKeefy wrote:Well it wont be sex or dating cause I banned them as soon as I saw them :lol:
:vs In that case, what am I supposed to do with all those Polish babes who suddenly want to meet me? :td

Refer them to Who2 :D
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

'I'll be interviewing anyone under 50..... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote:'I'll be interviewing anyone under 50..... 8)
Picky. picky.........

#slagsforlags#
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Horus wrote: The thing is A4 that you only saw that particular advertisement because you obviously frequent that sort of financial site, all these adds are target at the user and are based (mainly) on the users browsing choices, not everyone will have seen the same advert. Some may see one for car insurance, or items on ebay, each person will be targeted in a different way to try and generate sales, ironically your warning should be to yourself as you were plainly the scammers target.

All websites carry advertisements and this site is no different, in fact they are less than intrusive compared to most others. No tracking data is done by this site unlike most others you will be using who will certainly use your browsing data to generate income, it is they (Google and the like) that insert the type of adds that you see on any page. ;) that you may browse.
I am most grateful to you Horus, I have very little interest or knowledge of the workings of how the internet operates, thank God, but I do assure you, none of my financial details have ever been known to the Internet.

With regards to Facebook, I neither have the time or inclination to use it. The younger members of my family who are now at Uni, certainly do not entertain it what so ever. They feel it is a place where their parents post photographs that they feel embarrassed by, so therefore give the whole thing a very wide birth.

I am curious to know how others view the present day Internet, and Facebook, is it really important in their life, other than for immediate family contact?
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I find the internet useful for researching obscure facts.

Did you know the Luddites were, allegedly, named after a Leicester lad by the name of Ned Ludd who vandalised knitting frames which he felt would deprive people of work?

They said Ned Ludd was an idiot boy
That all he could do was wreck and destroy, and
He turned to his workmates and said: Death to Machines
They tread on our future and they stamp on our dreams.

(Words by Robert Calvert, lyricist of rock band Hawkwind)

Technophobe is a more accurate description of someone morbidly afraid of technological advancement.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

In a modern world technology exists and keeps moving forward, you either embrace it or get left behind. It is feared mainly by the elderly who either fail to grasp the new technology or lack the ability to use it, that in itself should not be condemned as they are naturally out of their comfort zone when using many of the new technologies, but to dismiss it out of hand is truly bizarre. Try giving a youngster any device and within minutes they will usually have mastered it. You don’t have to subscribe to every bit of new technology on the market and a sensible person will just make use of the things that make their own life better.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I can agree but refuse to have a smart-phone as I don't think they are very smart!
My phone doesn't do apps, take pictures or play music.
I use it only to talk to people I want to talk to, mostly I don't even know where it is.
I have 2 identical Alcatel mobiles 1 for here 1 for there... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Living in Egypt without the internet would be akin to living on Mars.
I have 2 identical Alcatel mobiles 1 for here 1 for there..
Likewise...although Nokia in my case.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Who2 wrote:I can agree but refuse to have a smart-phone as I don't think they are very smart!
I think they are very smart :D

Forget just using them for social media or games......

I can take amazing photos with 16-24MP camera 4k video recording, people don't carry cameras/video recorders everywhere they go and miss out on some great photo opportunities.

I can check my bank instantly wherever I am.

I can see where a bus/taxi is in real time if I need one.

I can search instantly for any information I need.

I can go in a shop and scan a barcode and find the price in every other store to get the cheapest price.

I can check if a shop is open or closed and opening hours

I can video chat or call people for free anywhere in the world (that's how I keep in contact with friends in Egypt

I also use my smartphone to remember things (since my memory is getting poor) old age :lol:

I can use the GPS to get places Ive never been to before.

I can instantly send information or photos to other people I know, for example if I have seen something on amazon and want the opinion of friends.

I wont get into the stuff I can control via my smartphone via google home, lights, tv for example (Great)

it can also be a timer an alarm clock, reminder to buy something, go somewhere.

All that above to just mention a few, and a 1000+ more things they can do at 1 press of a button, or by just using your voice.

AMAZING

I suppose quite a lot of stuff would be of no use in Luxor though, like scanning items, shop opening times and bus times for example.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I have to say that when I bought my very first smart phone, as stated on here, why use the term smart. But know? Its the dogs whatsits. I was playing around with my google maps live, showed exactly where I lived, which, at my age, is very handy, so I stuck one of those little you are here balloons on it. :up Last week I had my very first video call to my friend in the UK that is sorting out my pensions. Its good catching folk off guard in their gardens with no holiday ''slap'' on. :lol: This may be the reason I received a wave from keefy and Laura from the Jewel of the Nile. Didn't ignore you both, just didn't know how to do three things at once. :(
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.