Ramadan Ramadan Ramadan

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Ramadan Ramadan Ramadan

Post by BENNU »

I enjoyed the music of this great ney player from Cairo, when he was here to create a musical scene for a Ramadan TV series. He also found time to make this Ramadan video with Local singer Yasser Fathy.

phpBB [video]

Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Ramadan Ramadan Ramadan

Post by Winged Isis »

Love the fanouz shop and the way the woodwind (cannot remember the name of it?) player is so into the music.
Carpe diem! :le:
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Winged Isis wrote: … the way the woodwind (cannot remember the name of it?) player is so into the music.
Egyptians say:"It is not a flute, it is a ney!" We have some realły fine ney players here in Luxor, playing in more meditative ways, which I love, but as a dancer I find the lively Saber Kawla incredibly inspiring. I have never experienced a ney player with this kind of energy. He works with the greatest singers and dancers in Cairo.

Yasser turned up with him at a party where we had not been on the dance floor at all because the music was terrible. With these fabulous guys on stage, the other musicians suddenly decided to do their best, and there was no way that I could sit still to this ney. It was clear to me that he is used to working with dancers.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Personally, I prefer the nose flute of the Incas, it a 60's thing ever since El Condor Pasa.. 8)

phpBB [video]
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.