Can someone help me out?

If you have any suggestions about this site or if you need any help with accessing or posting on the forum, including any computer, Internet or General problems, then post here.
Guests can post in this section. Guest posts will not show till a moderator approves the post.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Can someone help me out?

Post by Dusak »

I share the TE Data wi fi with my friend upstairs, she has the receiver. I get a good signal to connect in my front room, directly below the receiver, but the signal peters out as I move around ten meters further into my house. The distance from my front room to my main TV room is 35 meters. I would like to receive the signal in that room to watch my Y-Tube channels in more comfort. I know I need a router to increase the signal strength, but having viewed them on Souq.com, I'm completely confused with all the tech jargon and various connections listed. The need for a power point is no problem as I have loads on my way to the front room, also there are no walls to transmit through once I leave the front room. So my request is, could someone that is tech savvy look on Souq.com for me and suggest which router would be a good choice. Cost is not an issue. Thanks in advance.

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Re: Can someone help me out?

Post by carrie »

Have you asked in TE data at all Dusak they are very helpful?
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

You would probably be better looking at a signal booster similar to this
https://egypt.souq.com/eg-en/net-gear-n ... 8502701/i/
but a better option if you could do so would be to run a fixed cable from the upstairs router to a more suitable place in your TV room.
This is the type of cable you would need
https://egypt.souq.com/eg-en/30-meter-r ... 7030068/i/
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Thanks for the links Horus they both look OK for what I need. I think that I will way up the hard line as first option as I see they do a 50meter length. Just have to figure the best way in and through the house as I can't go over. :up
carrie wrote:Have you asked in TE data at all Dusak they are very helpful?
I did carrie, but I'm not that impressed with their overall service as it is. But thanks anyway.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

No problem Dusak, they also do longer cables if you need it ;)
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I've measured it up and I can comfortably do it with the 50 meter one going through the upstairs flat then down outside. :up I never thought of the cable option. :?
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

The cable option will give you a better and more reliable signal as there will be no loss, of course it will not improve a bad service. Remember that they have a telephone (type) plug already fitted on each end and without a special tool are difficult to remove and replace so make sure it will pass through any hole you need to make. It is perfectly suitable for routing outside especially in your climate, but be carefull when using clips to fix the cable to walls etc. as the wires inside are quite thin and could be broken if hit with a hammer. You probably know this but put a loop in the cable at the bottom where it enters your property so that it has to come back up the wall again by about 6" to avoid any water (should it rain :D ) from tracking along the cable into your property. Unlike electrical cable you can coil up any surplus cable to make things tidy, good luck with it :up
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I was going to take the longer rout so all the cable is in the shade. In case it rains? We had a thunderstorm just, so it would of been tested out. :lol: Ordering it on Thursday.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Good idea keeping it it the shade as the outer covering will not degrade with strong sunlight :up also avoid routing it close to other electrical cables or things like air con units as they may chuck out some interferrence.