Well it happens again.

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Well it happens again.

Post by carrie »

Once again the American's have tried to take out Syria's ability to produce and use chemical weapons. what will be the outcome? Certainly not the removal of the odious Syrians President. Will it have given him second thought about using chemical weapons on his own people again? Well judging from the air strikes , that were to be taken as a warning last year., No.
The poor ordinary people of Syria will continue to suffer, may their God be with them and the little children.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Re: Well it happens again.

Post by Major Thom »

Syria, like most Countries in the Middle East is unimportant and if left alone will implode on itself, so there is no importance to this. Russia with its mad guy may be different.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

MT, the Middle East is very important to Russia as it offers them their only warm water ports in friendly countries such as Iran and to a degree Syria.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

It's a funny old business.....funny/ peculiar that is.

1. There's no incontrovertible evidence in the public domain that any chemical attack has taken place. Pictures can be faked. Testimonies may constitute untruths.

2. The impartial - allegedly - international inspectorate have not yet gained access.

3. In the past incidences they've pointed the finger at the Syrian government 4 times, and the rebels once. Again, much of their reports remain secret.

Our perception of what, if anything, occurred is based western mainstream media and consequently the world divides into its tribal factions....the West versus Russia .......who of course denies Syrian government involvement. Indeed they claim that UK may have aided rebel forces to stage the whole thing.

Meanwhile, the Chinese sit by watching its principal competitors tear at each other's throats, and continue their build up in the South China Sea and global economic ambitions. They must be laughing their heads off in Beijing.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I suppose what gives me pause for thought regarding Assad's alleged use of chemical weapons is the sheer illogicality of it. Why invite the condemnation of the civilised world when you've more or less won the battle to remain in power.

One view is that Assad and his government, Putin and his government (who presumably know the truth of the matter) are sociopaths with no regard for the life of innocent civilians including children. It's possible. After all the British (Dresden), the Germans (Auschwitz) and the Amricans (Hiroshima) have been capable of atrocities when they felt the need. But, as I say, what was Assad's "need"?

Religiously motivated jihadis, on the other hand, have shown no compunction for sacrificing innocent lives. To them, anything is permissible in the cause.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Just seen a report on the attack:-

US launched 101 missiles
Russia says 71 were shot down
Syria says they launched 40 missiles to shoot the cruise missiles down.

Typical of non educated politicians when their math's is not a strong point

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

The poor ordinary people of Syria will continue to suffer, may their God be with them and the little children.
I couldn't agree more. Why these poor people have to suffer in this world is beyond me.

Boris has kept very quiet. I wonder what drivel he'll come out with regarding Syria.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Not for the first time, the solution, or at least amelioration, of an international humanitarian issue is stymied by the inability of the Security Council of the UN to get it's act together and the use of the veto held by every one of the five permanent members......which they use for personal geopolitical reasons.

Here's an interesting commentary on the situation by a professor of international law.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

newcastle wrote:Not for the first time, the solution, or at least amelioration, of an international humanitarian issue is stymied by the inability of the Security Council of the UN to get it's act together and the use of the veto held by every one of the five permanent members......which they use for personal geopolitical reasons.

Here's an interesting commentary on the situation by a professor of international law.

I doubt that MT would understand any of that ''newc.'' :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Worth looking out for this evening- Stephen Sackur interviewing Sergei Lavrov, Russian foreign minister, on BBC Hardtalk

BBC World tonight at -I think - 19.30 Egypt time. After "Beyond 100 days" and "Outside Source" anyway.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

newcastle wrote:Worth looking out for this evening- Stephen Sackur interviewing Sergei Lavrov, Russian foreign minister, on BBC Hardtalk

BBC World tonight at -I think - 19.30 Egypt time. After "Beyond 100 days" and "Outside Source" anyway.
And Steve, a good man with the hard questions will only receive the answer that have been allowed, or evasive ones, or outright denials. Either way, its good viewing watching them silently squirm.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.