Sphinx not Egyptian

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Sphinx not Egyptian

Post by Frater0082 »

So here's a topic that I want to throw out there. It is my Theory that the Sphinx is not really Egyptian it was only adopted by them years later from a previous civilization.

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Re: Sphinx not Egyptian

Post by Horus »

It’s hardly new or indeed your theory that the Great Sphinx belongs to another civilisation other than the ancient Egyptian one to which it is usually ascribed. Many others have made claims that the erosion around the Sphinx was caused by flowing water during a much wetter period of at least 10 thousand years ago, or that the head is out of proportion to the body so it must have been re-carved at a later date. All these other theories are well known, so what exactly is ‘your’ new theory and what evidence do you offer in support of it?
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Horus wrote:It’s hardly new or indeed your theory that the Great Sphinx belongs to another civilisation other than the ancient Egyptian one to which it is usually ascribed. Many others have made claims that the erosion around the Sphinx was caused by flowing water during a much wetter period of at least 10 thousand years ago, or that the head is out of proportion to the body so it must have been re-carved at a later date. All these other theories are well known, so what exactly is ‘your’ new theory and what evidence do you offer in support of it?
You'll be sorry you asked..... ;)
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

newcastle wrote:
Horus wrote:It’s hardly new or indeed your theory that the Great Sphinx belongs to another civilisation other than the ancient Egyptian one to which it is usually ascribed. Many others have made claims that the erosion around the Sphinx was caused by flowing water during a much wetter period of at least 10 thousand years ago, or that the head is out of proportion to the body so it must have been re-carved at a later date. All these other theories are well known, so what exactly is ‘your’ new theory and what evidence do you offer in support of it?
You'll be sorry you asked..... ;)
Nevermind
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Why never mind? All I am asking is for you to elaborate on your new theory, I may just as well say something like “I have a theory that the statue of Liberty was really built by the Cherokee Nation” and then leave it at that, now if I offer some facts to support my theory then others can either agree or disagree with my new theory, but just saying I have a theory then present no evidence (real or imaginary) is pointless.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I would like to read your reasoning behind this too Frater, not as well up in Egyptology as others but love the sphinx and all the theories about how and when it was built. Not having a go just interested.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

carrie wrote:I would like to read your reasoning behind this too Frater, not as well up in Egyptology as others but love the sphinx and all the theories about how and when it was built. Not having a go just interested.

Where is Bullet Magnet where you need him?

Anyhow I just think that the Sphinx comes from a time that predates even the Kemets.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

My theories is based upon my questions about the Annunaki.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Now Frater if you had said what your questions had been and the answers you received that led you to your theory then things would be much clearer. But I am still struggling to understand what you mean. :?:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Frater0082 wrote:My theories is based upon my questions about the Annunaki.
Thought so :urm: Nothing to do with History and Archaeology

Perhaps this thread should be moved to MYTH, MAGIC AND SPIRITUALITY.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

And let us not forget the image they captured on the moons surface, who built that one, one that pre-dates Egypt itself :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

I agree with you Newcastle and suspected that this was the direction this thread would be taking which is not History or Archaeology related but rather Pseudo history
Pseudo history’s definition being : “A form of pseudo scholarship that attempts to distort or misrepresent the historical record, often using methods resembling those used in legitimate historical research. Pseudo history frequently presents a big lie or sensational claims about historical facts which require the revision (re-writing) of the historical record.”

The Anunnaki were a pantheon of gods in the mythological traditions of many ancient Middle Eastern cultures from the Sumerian’s to the Babylonian’s. They are credited with all sorts of powers depending upon which account you read, they feature in various stories and in a very long mythical account/poem known as the Epic of Gilgamesh, not unlike the epic poems of Homer although in the latter’s work such as the Iliad and Odyssey which it could be said have some historical facts within them.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Wouldn't Amun-Ra, or perhaps Atum, be a more likely candidate for the creation of the sphinx , pyramids etc.?

Hey ho.... :lol:
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

That about sums it up ;)
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

There was a time were myths were considered to be just that but in these times and days there are some truths to these myths. The ancient ones were crafty but tonly them what we deemed as myth was fact to them.

Someone built the pyramid and it was not the Egyptians. That area is ancient even more so than the Kemetic. civilization itself.

Original I thought the pyramid was a representation of King Hunt of the third Dynasty but I thought it could be for a very beloved queen or female ruler. Although this may be possible the idea just didn't sit well in my spirit.

Then I thought maybe it's a representation of Ma'at but I second guessed myself. Then I got real with myself and started looking at this from a different prospective and not from the same pair of glasses that you others are currently looking under.

Originally, I tried to piece together information from historical facts but there is so many holes in our data as it was and it made me wonder.

So much historical documents are missing from that period
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

My Knowledge of the Annunaki does not come from a book or watching Ancient Aliens in which I do not watch, I was born with it.

As a child I used to dream about them. In my mind they were just evil alien invaders that has and will enslave mankind. I knew that they were using gold to stay youthful and I knew that they were here once before. Back then, I just thought they were figments of my imagination but back in 2012, I discovered that they were real.

I don't pick up books on them because I already knew about them before I expanded my knowledge of various things.

Am I'm saying Aliens built the sphinx and Pyramids? hell no. It was definitely sheer force of hands and labor but they could've had some otherworldly assistant. Not like, "Here let me help you." But otherwise out respect of these Pseudo gods. Earth humans definitely built those monuments oh right because those Pseudo Gods didn't lift a finger.

Everything has its origin and we have yet to unearth our own.

This makes me wonder what was Egypt's name before ot was Kemet before it was established civilization, who dominated the land? So many questions yet still only a few answers. Sphinx is truly an enigma it out lasted even the civilization that adopted it.

I'm not fascinated by the Annunaki I'm afraid of them. Mankind's history do not just belong to Earth there is other origins that we will never understand.

There are forces out there both benevolent and malevolent out there that we cannot comprehend.

Just because we don't see it or don't think it could happen doesn't mean that they are a myth. I wonder gave archeologist to deem something as such simply because they don't understand.
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

:urm: :urm:
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

:urm: Time to move this thread methinks 8)
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

Can I take a positive view not based on any technical archaeological research.

The idea that a major civilization, full of confidence, would absorb visual and religious images from another culture (not obvious to the south) is not impossible - but not very Egyptian then or now.

The Romans absorbed Greek art, literature, religion, architecture and much else.

The weakness of classical Egyptian culture was its non-absorption of other cultures - something which persists to today and very much the road to destruction.

The whole mystical-Egyptian stuff on the other hand is deranged/unhinged but closely associated with the friends and funding sources of the World's Greatest Egyptologist/Crook.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

In a thousand years from now somethings of the present wouldn't be on record but yet both you and I know they aren't myths.

Sometimes Arrogance leads to a lot of misunderstanding.