Fire & Fury.....

The Literary Corner is a place to discuss your favourite books and authors and to add your own poems and stories.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Fire & Fury.....

Post by newcastle »

*** BREAKING NEWS ***

The doctors examining President Trump have confirmed that, mentally and physically, he's fine.

"I have no concerns about his cognitive ability or neurological functions," Ronny Jackson (his White House doctor) said on Tuesday.

Phew!! :a78:

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

On page 35 of Fire & Fury brilliant, Trump is far, far dafter than we all thought.... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
FarleyFlavors

Post by FarleyFlavors »

Hafiz wrote:the best doco on the beast is the US Frontline https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/arts ... -hits.html.
Adding to the list of decent Trump documentaries - an episode of the new Netflix series about assorted corporate corruption, Dirty Money.

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80118100

(The entire series is worth a watch. It's guaranteed to **** you off.)
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

FarleyFlavors wrote:
Hafiz wrote:the best doco on the beast is the US Frontline https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/arts ... -hits.html.
Adding to the list of decent Trump documentaries - an episode of the new Netflix series about assorted corporate corruption, Dirty Money.

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80118100

(The entire series is worth a watch. It's guaranteed to **** you off.)
Are you a paying member of netflix? I only ask as I'm considering joining next month. Is it worth the money, although the premium rate looks good value. A friend here downloads some of netflix for me, but not the more recent releases, Last one being The Crown 2. Ta.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

It has great content Dusak.

The only problem is the p*ss awful internet speed we have to suffer here.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Dusak, as far as the pay for view packages go Netflix must be the best of the bunch. I am not sure what speeds you get in order to stream a film, but I get no buffering problems with them compared to say Amazon Prime which always has an initial lag for several minutes. There is a very large choice of documentaries, made for TV series, films etc not to mention the very good programs made by Netflix themselves. What you should consider is that they are priced on what you require, so the lowest fee will allow you to use it on 1 device and the programs will be screened in the lower formats. As you go up the price range (currently only separated by about £1 extra in the UK) your entitlement increases, so for example you can watch Netflix on more devices (usually 2) and the programs will be shown in HD. At the top end (plus another £1) you can screen the films and other programmes on up to 4 devices plus you get everything in either HD or 4K if the film/programme is made in 4K and of course if your device/devices can display such a resolution. It is worth clarifying that ‘devices’ mean anything from TV sets to Laptops and tablets etc. and they do not have to be viewing the same programs at the same time.

Strictly speaking it means ‘within one dwelling’ but if for example I were to give my son and daughter my password details and they lived at two different addresses and only used 1 device each in their homes and I had the top package that authorised 4 devices, then Netflix will not be aware so both would be getting it for free, not that people would do that of course. Also there is no difference on what each package can access program wise, they are all the same.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Regarding the slow internet speed in your country, don’t forget that Netflix also has an ‘Available for Download’ section which allows you to download a large selection of films and series onto any device that can store them, so laptops and tablets etc. Once you select them for download it is done automatically so you could go shopping and just leave it running, when you watch them it is not being streamed over your router, but it is a recorded program on your device. They are time limited inasmuch as they will not play after a certain period (which seems to vary) but is usually several weeks. I often download quite a few programs to take with with me if I take my touring caravan out during the year when TV reception can be difficult in more remote areas. There is no restrictions on reloading a program that you did not watch the first time around and has expired, you just click the reload icon and it updates the required program.
FarleyFlavors

Post by FarleyFlavors »

Dusak wrote:Are you a paying member of netflix? I only ask as I'm considering joining next month. Is it worth the money, although the premium rate looks good value. A friend here downloads some of netflix for me, but not the more recent releases, Last one being The Crown 2. Ta.
No, I'm not a paid up subscriber. I use...umm...let's say "nefarious means" to watch their programmes.

I think they offer the first month free though. You could sign up, binge watch a bunch of stuff and cancel the subscription before the first payment is due.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Thanks for the reply's, the premium rate looks good value for money. What I was thinking of doing was to download them from my front room where the internet is very good onto my laptop, cross them over to my external hard drive then enjoy them in my TV lounge at the other end of my place that can't receive a signal, don't really want to place any routers to change this. Sounds just the job for some decent TV. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Dusak, just to be clear I assume you intend to download from Netflix onto your Laptop positioned close to your router and then either watch them on your Laptop in another room or via your TV in that same other room? You are aware that you cannot actually copy the downloaded film to another device like you would with some other stuff you can download over the web? Provided you are viewing on your Laptop or Tablet then you can watch the download anywhere you like, alternatively you can connect an HDMI lead from your Laptop to your TV and watch the download on a bigger screen. Casting from your device to a TV set does not seem to work in all cases and seems to be a bit of a minefield depending upon what device and OS version is being used.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I was thinking of using an external hard drive to transfer the recordings to my other lap top in my other room to save me disconnecting one lap top and transporting it through the house, disconnecting that one, then reconnecting the other. But if as you say, it would be better recording it and leaving it on the laptops hard drive, will do that and watch it via my TV. Just trying to save myself a bit of hassle.