Any info on Laura Plummer

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Re: Any info?

Post by DJKeefy »

Who2 wrote:Have you never considered that if, if somebody reports peoples' behavior to the authorities there could be a very good
reason, perhaps they find some peoples' behavior disgusting, immoral and not on.

You mean like if someone is "GAY" or "QUEER" or "BENT" etc :roll:

Not someone like yourself who abuses the religion/culture and forces drugs and alcohol on to Muslim Egyptians, knowing they probably can not refuse if offered (Haram) :stp

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I could find at least 7 jokes regarding that statement, but probably best not to.
As I'll leave this site under my own steam or when I'm totally bored with it, which draws ever near..... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men (or women) to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The trouble with taking the moral high ground is that it's all the more painful when you slip." - Newcastle
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Back to the main story....

The Gulf News suggests that Ms Plummer may not be as "innocent" as she maintains.

http://gulfnews.com/opinion/thinkers/la ... -1.2153713

The friend, Donna Irvin, who allegedly supplied Ms Plummer with the tramadol continues to deny any involvement.

The Humberside police are are investigating......sort of.

"In a statement released this afternoon, Detective Chief Superintendent Judi Heaton, head of crime, said: "We would like to clarify that although we are reviewing the circumstances surrounding how Laura Plummer came to have the tramadol, we are not carrying out a criminal investigation into any named suspect on the basis of the information we currently have.

"The reason for this is that if someone passes on a subscribed drug, it is not necessarily a criminal act but it is a civil offence under the Medicines Act."

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hul ... nt-1040725

Acquiring 290 tablets of a controlled drug is not a straightforward process and Ms Plummer may come to regret her story that they were supplied by her friend if any investigation shows this to be tissue of lies.

It would certainly undermine her claim to be an innocent/naive tourist.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Major Thom wrote:
Oh by the way Hepzi I think its you that is always on about my spelling mistakes and I should use Spell Check, What does Änd a fair about dosh" mean? Its an expression I have never heard of before. :lol:
Spelling has never been my strong point, but I do generally take care and try not to make too many errors. We can all make mistakes, some more than others. I have no idea how I made that mistake but, as I was using my phone to write my post, it could well be that an auto correct kicked in, which proves that they should never be trusted. It also proves that I should be more careful about my own proof reading and editing, although if I'm using my phone it's usually because I am only taking a quick break so may make posting a priority over proofing!

It should have read 'And a fair amount of dosh!' I would be very surprised if you have not heard that expression but, in fact you haven't, I'll spell it out for you (although I'm guessing most other readers worked it out for themselves).
Dosh = informal usage for the word money

I won't bother to correct you on all the errors contained within just that one piece I have quoted of yours - my time is too precious.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Adamantium

Post by Adamantium »

Its easy to make spelling mistakes. I made a post on anothet subject. I went through what i had written finding all sorts of mistakes not all because i misspelt but because of autocoorection. Often when writing enthused and have much to say we can forget to check. Thank heavens Edit permits several chances to do that.

I don't suppose anyone knows if Keith Lemon visits Egypt. I just got to thinking I wouldn't mind sticking a batch of Tramadol in his luggage if it gets the moron off our screens. But then could you imagine him in an Egyptian jail. He wouldn't last five minutes..And yet he has plagued our TV screens far too long.

I just thought I'd be a bit random and mix things up a little.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Adamantium wrote:
I don't suppose anyone knows if Keith Lemon visits Egypt. I just got to thinking I wouldn't mind sticking a batch of Tramadol in his luggage if it gets the moron off our screens. But then could you imagine him in an Egyptian jail. He wouldn't last five minutes..And yet he has plagued our TV screens far too long.
:a50: :a50: :a50: :a4: :a4: :a4:
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I watched a film he made last year, spent the following 24 hours in utter confusion. Thank goodness its usually only ten minutes after an MT post. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Never heard of him, who is he?
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Lucky you Carrie. My family love him, but I think he is a crude exhibitionist without wit who delights in "teasing" people. Vile man. :vs

PS I have a vague memory of a video of British comedian taking a cheap flight in Luxor. the pilot's name was Mahmoud and the so called comedian tried to get laughs from mis-pronouncing his name for most of the clip. I think that was Keith Lemon.

PPS Found the clip
phpBB [video]
Smile! It confuses people
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Well thanks for that don't think I want to see anymore of him. :td
Ruby Slippers
United Kingdom

Post by Ruby Slippers »

What a childish, inane idiot! I'll pass, too! :td
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

He is a total arse, but just look at all the morons commenting under the video about how good he is?
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Horus wrote:He is a total arse, but just look at all the morons commenting under the video about how good he is?
I had to look him up, not having a clue. Truly gruesome. He obviously has a fan base of, as you say, morons, but, to my relief I found that there are others who, like me, find him an unfunny twat :

"I don't find him amusing in the slightest. I cannot stomach the sight of him. He gets paid lots of money for being a complete moron."

"yes he is a ghastly talentless creep"

"He makes my skin crawl."

"He makes me cringe and I just turn over. I honestly don't understand what is funny about him. He's creepy as hell."

And many, many more......

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/telly_addi ... -stand-him
FarleyFlavors

Post by FarleyFlavors »

Umm...you do all realise that Keith Lemon is a deliberately obnoxious character created by comedian Leigh Francis, who was also responsible for the rather wonderful Bo' Selecta series on Channel 4?

I'll admit that Keith Lemon is far from being one of his funniest creations, but Leigh Francis is a very talented bloke.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

FarleyFlavors wrote:Umm...you do all realise that Keith Lemon is a deliberately obnoxious character created by comedian Leigh Francis, who was also responsible for the rather wonderful Bo' Selecta series on Channel 4?

I'll admit that Keith Lemon is far from being one of his funniest creations, but Leigh Francis is a very talented bloke.
Yes I agree with you, Keith Lemon's early work as in Bo Selecta is brilliant, and the so called celebrities knew exactly how crude he is, though it never prevented them from boosting their image, often at a dreadful cost to themselves, and it is this that many viewers found entertaining.

Lemon has now moved on to a new format, which incorporates some of his old standards, though I think in a much more direct way and often on a personnel manner to guests on his show, which are often in poor taste. In truth, a celebrity has to be seen on T.V. as often as possible, and it seems these days at any 'price', or they are soon forgotten.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

His "highly popular" and awful act about a very popular singer at the time called Craig David destroyed the poor singer's credibility in the UK. It was truly vicious :(
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

FarleyFlavors wrote:Umm...you do all realise that Keith Lemon is a deliberately obnoxious character created by comedian Leigh Francis, who was also responsible for the rather wonderful Bo' Selecta series on Channel 4?

Had a look at Bo Selecta....didn't work either for me I'm afraid.

Humour often divides opinion. I love Monty Python, Mr Bean, Blackadder etc but have friends who detest them.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

For those that are unfamiliar with Bo Selector here is a video, I am sure it will change all your minds in thinking this guy is utter crap. :urm:
phpBB [video]
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

i couldn't stomach more than a few seconds of your clip Horus - enough to confirm my opinions of him. :sk