She is My Son: Bacha Posh, When Girls Become Boys

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

She is My Son: Bacha Posh, When Girls Become Boys

Post by DJKeefy »

She is My Son: Afghanistan's Bacha Posh, When Girls Become Boys

I wonder if anything similar happens in Egypt, I never heard of it or seen anything to suggest they do, who knows? I would have thought Afghanistan would be more strict on things like this.

phpBB [video]

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: She is My Son: Bacha Posh, When Girls Become Boys

Post by newcastle »

It's not an uncommon practice in Afghanistan, and parts of Pakistan, where a significant social stigma attaches to a man who only has daughters.

The chosen girl reverts to a more normal role on reaching adulthood. There's nothing secretive about it. Everyone knows the "boy" is really a girl

I don't think Egypt has quite the same level of stigma attaching to girl-only families but I remember reading somewhere that cases have been recorded in the past.

More recently Sisi celebrated the life of a woman who had spent 40 years living as a man.

"Sisa Abu Daooh is Egypt’s matriarch of the moment, after being named by officials in her home town of Luxor as the city’s most supportive mother. Which may come as a surprise: for she is Luxor’s “best mum” by virtue of having worked and dressed for more than 40 years as a man.

Abu Daooh, 65, met Egypt’s president, Abdel Fatah al-Sisi, on Sunday to receive an award. She said she was not going to stop living as a man.

“I have decided to die in these clothes. I’ve got used to it. It’s my whole life and I can’t leave it now.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/ ... ved-as-man

Not quite the Bacha Posh situation but an indication that, in Egypt at least, stereotypical gender roles are not sacrosanct.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

newcastle wrote:It's not an uncommon practice in Afghanistan, and parts of Pakistan, where a significant social stigma attaches to a man who only has daughters.

The chosen girl reverts to a more normal role on reaching adulthood. There's nothing secretive about it. Everyone knows the "boy" is really a girl

I don't think Egypt has quite the same level of stigma attaching to girl-only families but I remember reading somewhere that cases have been recorded in the past.

More recently Sisi celebrated the life of a woman who had spent 40 years living as a man.

"Sisa Abu Daooh is Egypt’s matriarch of the moment, after being named by officials in her home town of Luxor as the city’s most supportive mother. Which may come as a surprise: for she is Luxor’s “best mum” by virtue of having worked and dressed for more than 40 years as a man.

Abu Daooh, 65, met Egypt’s president, Abdel Fatah al-Sisi, on Sunday to receive an award. She said she was not going to stop living as a man.

“I have decided to die in these clothes. I’ve got used to it. It’s my whole life and I can’t leave it now.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/ ... ved-as-man

Not quite the Bacha Posh situation but an indication that, in Egypt at least, stereotypical gender roles are not sacrosanct.
Still, a pity that they felt the need, or were required by the family, to change gender for just a short period of their lives to satisfy family honor.

And here the females can get into trouble for just wearing fashionable torn jeans., but its OK to live the life of another sex. Good job they do not have none tourist segregated loos here.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Another example of a misogynistic society ruining the lives of children in an attempt to comply with outdated customs. 8)
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I don't know about 'misogynistic society, I would just say the World has gone totally nuts with LGBT trans this and that.
PC ruddy stupid in my books they all need a good slap!......... 8)
Ps: Hopefully my old man would have given me a good thrashing if I have had ever worn my sisters clothes..
Mind you, why would I have wanted to ?
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote:I don't know about 'misogynistic society, I would just say the World has gone totally nuts with LGBT trans this and that.
PC ruddy stupid in my books they all need a good slap!......... 8)
Ps: Hopefully my old man would have given me a good thrashing if I have had ever worn my sisters clothes..
Mind you, why would I have wanted to ?
It's not just in the misogynistic world that you find attitudes best described as neanderthal...... :a14:
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Saudi police arrest 'everyone involved' as Mecca 'gay wedding' video posted online shows men showered with confetti.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/s ... 36196.html

So one must assume they arrested the in-laws as well and what about the vicar ?.......... 8)
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Neanderthals: more rarely known as Neandertals,[a] were archaic humans that became extinct about 40,000 years ago. They seem to have appeared in Europe and later expanded into Southwest, Central and Northern Asia. There, they left hundreds of stone tool assemblages. Almost all of those younger than 160,000 years are of the so-called Mousterian techno-complex, which is characterised by tools made out of stone flakes.[14]

When men had to be men or none of you would exist now QED!..... 8)

Q: Patient: Doctor, sometimes I feel like I'm invisible.
A: Doctor: Who said that?
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Maybe, in several millennia from now, our species will have abandoned sexual reproduction as a means of procreation.

It is, after all, such an inherently inefficient means of passing on ones genes. It's one of the unresolved mysteries of biology that sexual reproduction is so common in the animal kingdom.

And with the end of sexual reproduction goes the need for gender identity.

Think of how many societal problems that would solve :wi
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

What's reproduction got to do with sex ? Sex, it's a mind thing..... 8)
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote:What's reproduction got to do with sex ? Sex, it's a mind thing..... 8)
Exactly.

Sex is for fun. Look at our close cousins the bonobos.

If you want a baby, there's always in vitro fertilisation or, in years to come, cloning your cells. :ct
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Who2 wrote:I don't know about 'misogynistic society, I would just say the World has gone totally nuts with LGBT trans this and that.
Bloody hell George you do have an obsession with LGBT, which this topic as nothing to do with :roll:

I've started to think your a closet queen, mind you I wont be the only one to think that way ;)
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Yeh! we have heard and lived with it from gays, 'all that your really gay deep down sh*t,
How many times have I heard that crap to try to justify it, get real because it ain't normal and never was even in ancient times,
It's a perversion and everybody knows it, and always has been, it's gays who are in denial.
I have many gay friends but, they don't try to shove it down my throat, if you get the pun ?... 8)
Ps: If you lot stop telling us it's normal then us lot will stop taking the p*ss out of queers....
Pss: I was 15 years old on speed in the Alphabet Club in Gerrard St, the owner said "So your mates Gay then ?
I said "of course he is...Oh! the innocent even then...."You have No idea!
Sophocles.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Anyone know a good seamstress, I see a market for white pointy hats and palm trees on fire on the WB.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

What's normal?

Down's syndrome isn't "normal" ....but we don't take the p*ss out of those affected by it. Hopefully.

It seems Who2's attitude is based on the firm belief that homosexuality is a choice. That it can be "cured". That it's a disease that can transmitted to the vulnerable.

Leaving aside the fact that it would be an odd choice to make - given the social sigma which still attaches to it in many communities - that view has been debunked by numerous scientific investigations over recent years.

Not that any scientific or social evidence will convince the God squad.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Who2 wrote: It's a perversion and everybody knows it, and always has been, it's gays who are in denial.
I have many gay friends but, they don't try to shove it down my throat, if you get the pun ?... 8)
Ps: If you lot stop telling us it's normal then us lot will stop taking the p*ss out of queers....
:zz :zz :zz
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

There could be many reasons for my attitude.
The first part of my story in the Alphabet Club started by me chatting up a bird, all was proceeding well.
Until, the owner walked up and pulled off this bird's wig, the 'bird swore using many obscene words and proceeded
to put hair grips in it's mouth whilst trying to replace it's wig.
I was then educated into 'sussing out Trannies, adams apple over play on the hands, 5 o'clock shadow ect.
Now this had an effect on my brain as I had been 'imagining what might occur later, with it.
Making me want to throw up. Oh! and in those days Gay meant happy...... 8)
Ps: But I still see it as a perversion rather than an illness, perhaps I just have what is known as old fashioned integrity.
Pss: The way morals are sliding pedophilia will gain a foothold in the minds.
Sophocles.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Sorry Who but I don't see homosexuality as and illness or a perversion. I have friends who are gay and some are in long term very happy relationships. As you feel an abhorrence to having a relationship with a man they feel the same about a woman. Nothing to do with them dressing up as girls when they were young or made into Namby Pamby's by their mothers. It's the way they were born, as you were born a man and I a woman they were born to be gay. I must admit and I have told my gay friends this, that I would hate for my son to be gay not because he was gay but life is difficult enough without the added prejudice that being homosexual brings. Let's all live and let live and do each other no harm.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I'm not trying to convince anybody on here regarding my views.
I have always been my own man and walked my own path. So think what you like.
It's still a slippery slope in my view.
I hate to be aligned with the majority...... 8)
Sophocles.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Who2 wrote:
Pss: The way morals are sliding pedophilia will gain a foothold in the minds.
"Gays" now "paedophilia" seems to me like you are hiding something! Ive always found that those who seem to be really anti gay and keep banging on about it, are normally hiding something themselves in the closet. :st

What more can you expect from a ****** up, drugged thieving ex nightclub owner :roll:

Ignore his outbursts, his brain is obviously fried beyond repair. 8)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk