Egypt launches e-visas

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Egypt launches e-visas

Post by newcastle »

Horus wrote:I would not celebrate too soon, I see this as Egypt catching up with modern visa issuing systems implemented by many countries nowadays. The Electronic Travel Authorisation is being adopted more and more and I can see it becoming the standard providing that Egypt has the infrastructure in place to deal with it properly (a big ask I know). It is primarily intended to pre-check and hold the data of any traveller from anywhere in the world and in this security conscious age it is no bad thing. Maybe Egypt has been forced to start complying with these standard, but more rigorous identity checks, prior to a persons arrival in the country. With these systems in place a worldwide data base can be implemented to keep tabs on undesirables providing everyone involved complies, so on that basis maybe the visa on arrival option will be curtailed once the system is fully activated and an online application becomes more straight forward. When you think about it this would give immigration far more readily available information on the visitor than just being presented with a passport and a recently purchased visa from the bank window.
All very true.

I just hope it doesn't happen in my lifetime.

Knowing Egypt, that doesn't seem an unreasonable hope :lol:

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Major Thom wrote:seems like another kerfuffle of information, not knowing if things are true, the right price or anything. Where have Egypt got the computer from to deal with E-Visa's, Mohamed on the West Bank, a second hand HP Jobbie in line with the economy. I have never read so much non information on information in my life. Good Luck with that, I for one will not be applying!
Oh, what a surprise! :o

Were you thinking of coming back then MT? :tk
Smile! It confuses people
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

No Way MD, and probably if I tried they would not let me in after reading my posts on here. But the posts about e-visa's just make things look confusing, prices etc.

No don't worry everybody I would not waste my money either applying or my time in travelling. Like I said in another post I am out of the Pensioner mode, and do not want to go back into it. I prefer to be 65 going on 30, a young to mid age hooligan. :lol: Of course the other thing is, while I need regular hospital treatment, I can get it here free because I am over 65, I suppose I could do what other do and jet back to the UK but we have not lived there or had an address there for 10 years. Like most of you Tourists living in Luxor, I would not trust the Medicare in Luxor beyond a stickey plaster
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Major Thom wrote:....... I would not trust the Medicare in Luxor beyond a stickey plaster
Even then, you never knew where to put it :st :vs
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Well, finally my teeth are finished, three of the fillings were quite labour intensive, so had to visit two times for each of those, but my first day payment covered the treatment, just payed the 60Le for the appointment. He refused to take the nicotine stains off, saying that it would cause to much damage to the enamel, but feel free to visit another dentist if I still wanted it done. These five fillings [was only four, but he found a very small one, done free of charge] were expertly done, better than the three other dentists that I have used here, and well on par with the treatment [and more costly] that I received in the UK. So basically what I am saying is that its a load of b*****'s saying that good medical care is non existent in Luxor. Now back to the remainder of my rather hard chocolate peanuts. :eat
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

But what happens if you have booked and paid for your flights and hotel here, then apply for your visa only to get it refused? Would the holiday company give a full refund or exchange it at no cost for another destination? You can't exactly apply for the visa first as there may be no seats left on the plane, booking after the issue. [I know, that's highly unlikely coming to Egypt, discovering the plane is full, but stranger things have happened.]
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Off to the dentist myself next week Dusak, takes me a week to work up the courage to go. Hope I find him as good as you have. :lol:
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

You have nothing to worry about. The only negative is that there is no tissue or hand towel in the loo, so take some with you. :up
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

I have just had my implants finished following 5 hours in the dentist chair having bone transplants and scar tissue cut way from many Egyptian Dentists visits. Took a total of 7 months now finished I have no pain, no soreness and a brilliant set of implants that are balanced and look natural. The cost 6500 Euros and worth every penny....
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

And my friend here paid less than half that for the same job plus more around three years back.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

I can see why "D" for the simple fact it was the things they use in the manufacture, the workmanship and measuring the mouth and gums for the implants etc. It was the work done in Cairo that caused all my problems, and eventually cost me the money for surgery. So even if they paid half I would make sue that the implants are not Asian or in fact Chinese their shelf life is not much more than 4-5 years before you have to start again. My implants were titanium and of US manufacture. the only thing I have to do is have the seals done every 12 months at 50 Euros. People from here sometimes fly to Bulgaria and have it done but again the implants are cheap and the life of them is small. Like everything else in life you only get what you pay for. Just by us both stopping smoking, 3 packets each per day, and purchasing wine direct from the wineries paid for mine. Now my wife has got her own car too, a Honda, all done by stopping the bad things in life, changing our diets and other small adjustments. It was really hard because when we first came here we were like kids in a candy shop looking and purchasing everything had not been able to get for 8 years.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

My friends were titanium.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

To any new readers,
Please note:
Teeth implants are not compulsory when buying an eVisa for Egypt.
The fees quoted on the eVisa application form do not cover any dental, optical, or other private medical services.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Oh come come Hepzi :| we all know that MT is a past master at turning any thread into an Egyptian whinge topic. :stp
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

Horus wrote:Oh come come Hepzi :| we all know that MT is a past master at turning any thread into an Egyptian whinge topic. :stp
Yes, and it's extremely tedious :zz :zz :zz
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Oops, wrong thread.
Last edited by BENNU on Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

All my teeth are implants done 10 years ago in Cairo cost £7k worth every penny.... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

So sorry to hear that you are suffering for your art Bennu, life is indeed hard.
For me an exciting day running round with the hoover, bought a new hose pipe for it yesterday so that is back in working order. Hooray.
Later an afternoon cruise up to the Movenpick for the Ace Christmas Fayre hope to buy some nice goodies there. All I have to do now is decide if I am going to bother putting up my Christmas decorations life is full of difficulties. Problem is when you take them down the flat seems to look a bit bleak no twinkling lights and glitter.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I've followed Bennu please move my post for me Keefy, Hepzibah, Horus anyone. :lol:
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

BENNU wrote:Oops, wrong thread.
I quite enjoyed it. In fact I thought you had posted it here deliberatly to distract us. Afterall, the thread couldn't go much further off topic...or could it!
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley