Returning jihadis should be reintergrated

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Returning jihadis should be reintergrated

Post by crewmeal »

This is bound to get your back up

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/uk ... t-13787446

What the hell is this world coming to!!!!

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Returning jihadis should be reintergrated

Post by newcastle »

To save you from the wrath of Horus :lol: ....article in full :

Young jihadis who have travelled to Iraq and Syria to fight for so-called Islamic State naively should not always be prosecuted, the terror laws watchdog has said.

Max Hill QC, the Independent Reviewer of Terrorism Legislation, spoke of "losing a generation" of men and women by automatically using the courts to punish those who have travelled to the warzone

Speaking on Radio 4's Today programme, he said: "The authorities have looked at them and looked at them hard and have decided that they do not justify prosecution, and really we should be looking towards reintegration and moving away from any notion that we are going to lose a generation due to this travel.

"It's not a decision that MI5 and others will have taken lightly.

"But they have left space, and I think they are right to do so, for those who travelled... out of a sense of naivety, possibly with some brainwashing along the way, possibly in their mid-teens and who return in a state of utter disillusionment and we have to leave space for those individuals to be diverted away from the criminal courts."

Earlier this week, the head of MI5 Andrew Parker said security services and police are operating at a scale which is "greater than ever before" and that agencies must assess the risk posed by those returning from Syria and Iraq.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I'm sure that no one is claiming that all returnee's should be free from prosecution but as Newcastle says some will return having found out the truth about Da'esh and they may be our best defense against others joining, after telling their stories freely. We have to trust the security forces to sieve the wheat from the chaff.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

I'm sure that no one is claiming that all returnee's should be free from prosecution but as Newcastle says some will return having found out the truth about Da'esh and they may be our best defense against others joining, after telling their stories freely. We have to trust the security forces to sieve the wheat from the chaff.
There's been enough publicity over the years about this group, their aims, atrocities etc to realise they shouldn't have gone in the first place. They would have seen examples of what happens when they do. Sadly these people have no doubt been indoctrinated by evil jihadis operating as imams.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Thank you Newcastle for adding the details. :D
This view would seem to go against the opinions expressed in this article that indicated a unified policy to eradicate them on the ground

Paris – defence minister Florence Parly was among the few to say it aloud. 
“If the jihadis perish in this fight, I would say that’s for the best,” she told Europe 1 radio last week.
Those were the orders, according to the US.
“Our mission is to make sure that any foreign fighter who is here, who joined Isis from a foreign country and came into Syria, they will die here in Syria,” said Brett McGurk, the top US envoy for the anti-Isis coalition, in an interview with Dubai-based Al-Aan television.
“So if they’re in Raqqa, they’re going to die in Raqqa,” he said.

The full article can be read here:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 12781.html