New NHS rules for Ex-pats and foreigners.

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

New NHS rules for Ex-pats and foreigners.

Post by A-Four »

New rules have come into effect with regards the City and East London Area Health Authority. All patients whether new or on going repeat visits for non emergency treatment must now produce two forms of identification.1) Photo proof of person e.g. current signed passport, valid UK photo-card driving licence, etc. 2) Evidence to prove that you, the patient can show your home address in the U.K. WITHIN the past three months.

I understand that this new rule will be effective throughout the whole of London by the end of the year, and evidently nationwide (England and Wales) there after.

Footnote.

I notice a recent subject post made by Zooropa, regarding NHS services in Leicester, unfortunately this subject has been locked, and I do not have access to the PM system. I see that the problem is quite serious, and therefore trust that moderators will allow this footnote.

Your mothers transport system is not dealt with by Leicester Ambulance Service, it is in fact run by Arriva (yes, I do mean the bus company). The authorities in Leicester do not really want you to know this, check out Arriva Transport Solutions (Leicester).

Your mothers problem is quite serious, you should contact Leicester Area Health Authority, who are ultimately responsible for her well being. Give them details, ensure you get names, you should see quick results.

I would have answered this earlier, unfortunately do not get much time on here now.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: New NHS rules for Ex-pats and foreigners.

Post by newcastle »

A-Four wrote:New rules have come into effect with regards the City and East London Area Health Authority. All patients whether new or on going repeat visits for non emergency treatment must now produce two forms of identification.1) Photo proof of person e.g. current signed passport, valid UK photo-card driving licence, etc. 2) Evidence to prove that you, the patient can show your home address in the U.K. WITHIN the past three months.

I understand that this new rule will be effective throughout the whole of London by the end of the year, and evidently nationwide (England and Wales) there after.
New rules? I think not. The subject has been under discussion for two years at least and was implemented (theoretically, but in practice randomly and arbitrarily) by many NHS Trusts and hospitals, including those in London, at least 6 months ago.

The City and East London Area Health Authority ceased to exist years ago....along with area health authorities generally.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Your mothers transport system is not dealt with by Leicester Ambulance Service, it is in fact run by Arriva (yes, I do mean the bus company). The authorities in Leicester do not really want you to know this, check out Arriva Transport Solutions (Leicester).
Really?

"The Patient Transport service offers a means of safe travel for patients, in non-emergency situations, who have certain medical needs. Non-emergency Patient Transport within Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland is provided by Arriva Transport Solutions."

http://www.leicestershospitals.nhs.uk/p ... rt-travel/

Perhaps they think people in Leicester can't read. :urm:
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

I have met people from Leicester what's your point? :urm:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Bombay wrote:I have met people from Leicester what's your point? :urm:
An obvious one I'd have thought.

If, as stated by A-Four, "The authorities in Leicester do not really want you to know this" - i.e that Arriva run their non-emergency transport service - then it's odd that they should publish it clearly on their website, and the logo on the vehicles.

I expect most of the residents of Leicester can read. Perhaps it's A-four who can't :ct

Clear now?

Last edited by newcastle on Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

All becomes clear the contract for transporting none emergency patients to the hospital has been farmed out. Since as Zooropa claims Arriva are not fulfilling their contractual obligations he should report the matter to the NHS Trust. No wonder the poor person who arrived to collect Zooropa's mum refused to lift her, they were probably not insured to do so and had they strained their back then would not be entitled to any compensation or sick leave. What a mess.
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

As I said I have met people from Leicester you may be missing my point :D
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Bombay wrote:As I said I have met people from Leicester you may be missing my point :D
:a8: :a8: :a8:

Sorry....bit slow on the uptake today :up
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

I foolishly allowed A4 to resurrect a locked topic elsewhere by allowing his footnote to remain. This was because it contained information that may have been useful to Zooropa, we are now veering back onto that topic again. May I remind you that A4s OP was as follows:
New rules have come into effect with regards the City and East London Area Health Authority. All patients whether new or on going repeat visits for non emergency treatment must now produce two forms of identification.1) Photo proof of person e.g. current signed passport, valid UK photo-card driving licence, etc. 2) Evidence to prove that you, the patient can show your home address in the U.K. WITHIN the past three months.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Perhaps this is a good point to refer to the NHS (England) for what they have to say about the 'new' rules.

The NHS in England NHS services explained:

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSse ... vices.aspx

Narrowing it down further:

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSse ... gland.aspx

And...:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... pital-care
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Does not effect those living in Luxor will it, most of them live in UK anyway. According to records.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

According to records? What records? Can we have a link to these records or are they yet another figment of your imagination?
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I think that MT is referring to one of his that is on continuous play carrie. :D
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

God I am not gping to explain it again, everyone knows what I mean!!
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Major Thom wrote:God I am not gping to explain it again, everyone knows what I mean!!
You may think so....I couldn't possibly comment.

gping to you too!
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

If your talking about one of your usual rants without any proof then yes we do know what yo are implying but when you speak of records then one has to ask what records.
Unsurprisingly there seem to be none just a fertile imagination at work again, how could you possibly know the circumstances of people living in Luxor? Perhaps it is just a reflection of your own behaviour and thinking everyone does the same?
I know how I live here and why something you will never comprehend.
Moonstone
V.I.P
V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Moonstone »

I was not going to rise to this bait - but .......
Major Thom wrote:Does not effect those living in Luxor will it, most of them live in UK anyway. According to records.
Think before you post incorrect, inconsequential, inaccurate, banal generalities. Records, what records, as Carrie has said. Bet you cannot back up any of your comments as usual. I live here. I have lived here for a good number of years. Unlike you I have integrated into the West Bank way of life and I get on well with most Egyptians. I have received respect and I give respect when it is warranted. You were warned and given copious advice before you came here. You ignored that advice and paid the price (in more ways than one).

Get back to your tribute bands and your wine tasting and do not have the effrontery to make erroneous statements on this, or any other forum. Now go and find a dictionary because there are a lot of big words here.

So there ....... :x :x

Oh yes,and I am about to push the button which gives me the right not to have to read any more of your crap.

God, I feel so much better now.
Nil desperandum
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Records are kept in UK of your health history until you have not seen a doctor there for 2 years, or not been invited to attend for a regular check for this that or the other. After this they go to a central record bank for filing. However walk in NHS Centres have now been made available for abuse.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

It beggars my belief with you lot to be perfectly honest... 8)

"Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and classless and free
But you're still f*cking peasants as far as I can see
A working class hero is something to be
John Lennon.
Ps: See why I can't be arsed ?....'I doubt it.
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

This is my first viewing of this forum since my above first initial post, I am a little shocked at some of the above :py and I would love to comment on a couple of them, however, I am sure moderators would agree, it is best to ignore. I wish now to come back to my initial post.

Having been away from London the past week, I returned home to discover that my neighbour wanted me to see him urgently. The person in question is a 70 year old German Jew, as he calls himself, though in truth his parents were German, though he was born in the U.K. He has always told me that European Jews always see themselves as stateless, so you may understand why he should believe this when I inform you of a recent letter he received from The Royal London Hospital, here in the East End of London. My friend has to attend regular checks at this hospital in recent years, and has been registered there throughout his life. I shall now quote from that letter,......

Dear Mr ********,

Please bring with you additional information to your existing ********** appointment.
You are booked in for an appointment on ***********at The Royal London Hospital.
We are writing to ask you to bring some additional information to your appointment.
This will also apply to every further appointment you might have in the ******** Clinic, within the Outpatients Department.

Why do we need this additional information ?

These new processes will enable us to properly assess whether patients are eligible for free NHS treatment, in line with Department of Health regulations.
We are committed to providing treatment to all patients who access services and pleased be assured that no patient visiting Bart's Health will have urgent care delayed. Our Paying Patients Department will work with patients to assess their eligibility and to support them, including payment arrangements if they are not eligible for free NHS treatments. (Quote.)

The letter goes on to request the patient to bring two form of proof of the person, one photo proof and another to prove the person has been resident in the U.K , during the past three months.

I shall update this post next week after I have attended the hospital with my friend.

I welcome comments on the above mentioned hospital letter.