Luxor Tourism – Specific Details.

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Luxor Tourism – Specific Details.

Post by Dusak »

newcastle wrote:
Bombay wrote:What colour should I paint my flat so I can watch it dry?
Outside has to be white I suppose.

Inside....I would suggest each room a different colour to match different moods.

Maybe you can find a non-drying paint ( the sort they use to deter burglars, pigeons, cats etc.).

Dusak will know.

That way, you need never leave. Endless hours of enjoyment! :P
Its called PC99, never dries. Only comes in black though, but would match the colour of that giant gas guzzling monster you have just bought. :lol:

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

Newcastle - No. :(

Are you suggesting that we post full articles from banned publications. Would this be wise?

I summarized its points (fairly and fully) with a reason in mind.

I hope your request for 'full details' is not based on perceptions that I have a track record for distortion.
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

newcastle wrote:The 'powers that be' do seem to have an ambivalent attitude to European tourists....and the visa fiasco has done nothing to encourage those who want to spend more than a month here. I can't see what it's done for "security", nor do I see it inhibiting the work-permitless foreigners ....they continue to flood into the Red Sea resorts - going by social media.

Egyptians do have a tendency to blame others for their woes. Maybe they feel it's our fault for abandoning Luxor...or that the personal Star Trek transporters we all possess are out of order :urm:

Encouraging native tourism, or tourism from China or India, may fill a few hotel beds but I don't see it boosting much the trade of bazaars, cafes & restaurants. Nor do natives contribute much to the gate receipts of the historic sites.

I though they'd banned imports of Chinese tat. Mind you....they probably have enough stock gathering dust to last a few decades.

There's no incentive for local manufacturers to produce tourist goods...until the tourists return.

Chicken & egg again.

Meanwhile, the local population continue to reproduce like rabbits, hoping against hope that tourists will return, whilst trying to survive with inflation out of control.

All very sad.
But it does and suits me!
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Hafiz wrote:Newcastle - No. :(

As you wish. If I can be bothered I'll ask for it to be forwarded to me from UK.
Actually, if the authorities persist in playing silly-buggers with this, and other sites, I may consider the VPN route.

Are you suggesting that we post full articles from banned publications. Would this be wise?

Daily News Egypt is not banned. It's blocked. Their FB page appears to be alive and well. And I didn't ask for the full article....merely a relevant extract.

I summarized its points (fairly and fully) with a reason in mind.

Which would land you in the soup....if there was any soup. I didn't realise the waft of Egypt-related paranoia could stretch 10,000 miles. :lol: Incidentally, what was the "reason"?

I hope your request for 'full details' is not based on perceptions that I have a track record for distortion.

You can put your mind at rest on that score.

I didn't ask for "full details"...simply the "relevant parts"...referring to the three individuals you mentioned.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Bombay wrote:
newcastle wrote:The 'powers that be' do seem to have an ambivalent attitude to European tourists....and the visa fiasco has done nothing to encourage those who want to spend more than a month here. I can't see what it's done for "security", nor do I see it inhibiting the work-permitless foreigners ....they continue to flood into the Red Sea resorts - going by social media.

Egyptians do have a tendency to blame others for their woes. Maybe they feel it's our fault for abandoning Luxor...or that the personal Star Trek transporters we all possess are out of order :urm:

Encouraging native tourism, or tourism from China or India, may fill a few hotel beds but I don't see it boosting much the trade of bazaars, cafes & restaurants. Nor do natives contribute much to the gate receipts of the historic sites.

I though they'd banned imports of Chinese tat. Mind you....they probably have enough stock gathering dust to last a few decades.

There's no incentive for local manufacturers to produce tourist goods...until the tourists return.

Chicken & egg again.

Meanwhile, the local population continue to reproduce like rabbits, hoping against hope that tourists will return, whilst trying to survive with inflation out of control.

All very sad.
But it does and suits me!
And all those other chinese/indian restaurants in Luxor. Good luck to you (and them)!

Do the Chinese do much bazaar shopping? "Coals to Newcastle" springs to mind :lol:
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

yes everyone is looking for chefs, keep asking me as if!
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

:lol:

I guess native chinese/indian chefs are pretty rare in Luxor.

I wonder if we'll see rickshaws competing with the caleches.

Sampans on the Nile?
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Luckily they are rare in any nationality in native