Election

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Election

Post by newcastle »

Zooropa wrote:Take a day off Snoooozecastle - Labour lost.
Thank goodness for that!

I'd promised to be re-baptised as a fully-paid up God-believer if I'd witnessed the miracle of a Labour majority :lol:

I can relax now that the Brexit bandwagon has pulled up short of the cliff ;)

I look forward to the fun & games to come, of watching the Tories self-destruct through the summer....delicious!

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

I agree with that Carrie, but the Tories won more seats than labour by a country mile. However when you see the bribes that Corbyn was offering to young inexperienced voters who never stop to ask where the money comes from (a bit like my grandson) :urm: and then what must have been the most mean spirited election manifesto ever by the Tory party that promised nothing but more years of austerity, bringing back Fox hunting, (that would go down well … Not!) :roll: scrapping of the Winter fuel payment and removing the triple lock on future pension increases on what for many is a very poor figure when compared to the rest of Europe (being in the EU didn’t improve that situation did it?) and then to say that anyone owning their own home would have to pay for their own care if they suffered from dementia while someone living in a council house or rented accommodation would not. With such a draconian and savage attack on its core voters, then is it any wonder that a good many either didn’t vote or went for Corbyns promise of no change, they really had no choice.

With that late home goal is it any wonder that they managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, I still cannot believe that any party could come out with those pledges without at least putting some figures on them such as at what level would you cease to qualify for the Winter fuel payment. Or what is the maximum level you would pay for your care? Is there an upper limit? One can only assume that to include these sort of things in order to save money then the economy must be in dire straights and they were being brutally honest with us otherwise they would not risk such a policy in the first place as it is a guaranteed vote loser, as one Tory minister put it “the only thing missing was compulsory euthanasia”. This begs the question of if that was the reality, then how on earth would Corbyn have kept all of his promises other than the usual labour trick of plunging us into even more debt, remember that todays austerity is a direct result of labours last stint in office.
As an aside it is all down to various parties (Blair did the same) of having unelected advisor’s within number 10 who have the PM’s ear at the expense of their other ministers advice, at least both those idiots have now resigned their jobs today.

Newcastle, you seem to have a better knowledge of all the moron style newspapers than I do ;)
I also think you will get your wish regarding the collapse of this particular government and I also say “bring it on” and the sooner the better because the next time around they will not make the same mistakes with their manifesto and their support will flock back in droves.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

..... the next time around they will not make the same mistakes....
You hope ;)

I suppose it's never too late to realise that a good part of the population is sick to death of 'austerity' and the attitude of the Conservatives to the "have-nots". Is the ship capable of turning in what might be a short distance?

We'll see.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

newcastle wrote:
Zooropa wrote:The problem is we can all play the numbers game - it doesnt matter how you juggle
these ones.

They add up to a rejection of Labour.

Really? I read them as a rejection of Conservatives...given the starting position.

Started in power, ended in power.

Percentage of votes means nothing in a constituency based electoral system.

True. Both Conservatives and Labour are lucky we don't have proportional representation

Oh for crying out loud, both sides are lucky its not decided on a straw drawing system as well, what arrant nonsense.

Thatcher got a simlar percentage and won a landslide.

Did she? So what?

So dont bang on about how close the percentage of vote totals were - like your argument, its meaningless.

This is just like the cry baby liberals were after Trump won with the electoral college system moanathon.
You can take comfort that we still have a Conservative government. Shame about your hard Brexit though :a50:

Dont know and i care even less how you think this changes things on this score. And stop it with the "we" you dont live here so "we" dont have anything.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Come on now Z, we all know that Newcastle can be easily bribed with ‘sweeties’ handed out by Corbyn and his lefty mates and like the “give me everything for free” even though I have contributed nothing brigade, he will vote for anything that doesn’t affect him as he lives elsewhere most of the time. Do you remember Sean Canary (no, not a typo) he spent all his life telling the Jocks how they should vote and banging on about Scottish Independence, but spent as much time and even less of his money back in his homeland than my cat did. ;)
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

And stop it with the "we" you dont live here so "we" dont have anything.
As a British citizen and taxpayer I consider myself entitled to use the "we". I'll send you a copy of "UK Constitution & Law for Dummies."
Newcastle can be easily bribed with ‘sweeties’ handed out by Corbyn and his lefty mates and like the “give me everything for free” even though I have contributed nothing brigade
I suspect, after leaving university I've contributed far more than most by way of tax & NIC over the years and I'm beyond benefiting from any largesse Labour might hand out to the less-well-off. And , like you, I benefited from a "free" education through university. I don't see why the current generation of students should be less fortunate or dissuaded from attending university for financial reasons.

Perhaps you kept a tab on how much your own offspring cost you and sent them the bill when they were earning. :urm:

BTW....not that it's of much relevance....I've never voted Labour in my life and can't imagine what "bribe" Corbyn could offer me which would persuade me to do so. Mind you, the cynical antics of the Conservatives in their desperation to remain in government may move me to change the habits of a lifetime.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

As anyone will tell you, what goes in today gets paid out today and anything you paid or pay now in taxes is no different to the rest of us, so you don’t have a monopoly on that score, in fact, on balance you probably owe the state for all you have been given in the past. I can imagine that many people that were working when you were getting your free university education did not get the same opportunities in life and had no other options but working to support themselves or contribute to the family budget, but they still had to pay their taxes to fund others. I do in principle support a free education system and if the money were available then it would be fine, but when everyone else is having to make sacrifices why should someone who as you openly admitted will benefit substantially from that education not be asked to contribute to it? And simply saying that they pay taxes later in life is not an answer, we all do that, plus one of the founding principles was that you do not have to start paying anything back until you earn over a certain amount, seems fair enough to me.
Perhaps you kept a tab on how much your own offspring cost you and sent them the bill when they were earning
No, they were my responsibility, but then again I do not expect to have to support someone else’s offspring either.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

newcastle wrote:
And stop it with the "we" you dont live here so "we" dont have anything.
As a British citizen and taxpayer I consider myself entitled to use the "we". I'll send you a copy of "UK Constitution & Law for Dummies."
Newcastle can be easily bribed with ‘sweeties’ handed out by Corbyn and his lefty mates and like the “give me everything for free” even though I have contributed nothing brigade
I suspect, after leaving university I've contributed far more than most by way of tax & NIC over the years and I'm beyond benefiting from any largesse Labour might hand out to the less-well-off. And , like you, I benefited from a "free" education through university. I don't see why the current generation of students should be less fortunate or dissuaded from attending university for financial reasons.

Perhaps you kept a tab on how much your own offspring cost you and sent them the bill when they were earning. :urm:

BTW....not that it's of much relevance....I've never voted Labour in my life and can't imagine what "bribe" Corbyn could offer me which would persuade me to do so. Mind you, the cynical antics of the Conservatives in their desperation to remain in government may move me to change the habits of a lifetime.
You can consider yourself to be anything doesnt mean anyone else has to.

You dont live in this country and are not subject to the effects of any government in almost all circumstances in the UK so i will continue to call you out on it.

I will put your book where i have put all the other ones you havent sent me and will read it right after ive finished my copy of "How to put up with sad Trolls"

Is that right, then you have a very poor imagination because im not even you and i can.

No Brexit.

Free everything for everybody!

No policy that will upset or inconvenience anybody in relation to terrorism.

Tickling sticks for police/army.
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Corbyn will be in number 10 by Christmas one Tory **** up after another for the UK while they play party politics,
Where is Sir Humphrey Appleby, GCB, KBE, MVO, MA (Oxon),
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Bombay wrote:Corbyn will be in number 10 by Christmas one Tory **** up after another for the UK while they play party politics,
Quite prepared to extend my wager offer to include that desperate wish - just let me know!
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Zooropa wrote:

Is that right, then you have a very poor imagination because im not even you and i can. Had to read that several times to get your meaning. Punctuation would help.
You obviously have a very vivid imagination.

No Brexit. I don't think Corbyn's offering that. Pity.

Free everything for everybody! The ultimate hyperbole!

No policy that will upset or inconvenience anybody in relation to terrorism. More hyperbole. I wouldn't be attracted to that, even if it were offered as policy. What his manifesto actually says is "Conduct major review of counter-terror Prevent programme."

Tickling sticks for police/army. The usual descent into weak farce. Again, what his manifesto says is "10,000 more police officers for community beats."
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Bombay wrote:Corbyn will be in number 10 by Christmas one Tory **** up after another for the UK while they play party politics,
Well, if the next Conservative Manifesto & Campaign is anything like the last...you could be right.

Maybe the presence of the DUP will save them. They are against abortions.

It's hilarious watching them blame each other for the debacle ( or victory as some would have it). Did no-one know what was in their manifesto? Who the hell was in charge? Who's in charge now?? To think May called the opposition a "coalition of chaos" :lol:
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

newcastle wrote:
Zooropa wrote:

Is that right, then you have a very poor imagination because im not even you and i can. Had to read that several times to get your meaning. Punctuation would help.
You obviously have a very vivid imagination.

No Brexit. I don't think Corbyn's offering that. Pity.

If you are buying he will be offering, it is Corbyn after all.

Free everything for everybody! The ultimate hyperbole!

No policy that will upset or inconvenience anybody in relation to terrorism. More hyperbole. I wouldn't be attracted to that, even if it were offered as policy. What his manifesto actually says is "Conduct major review of counter-terror Prevent programme."

Would be a contender for worlds quickest meeting.

Tickling sticks for police/army. The usual descent into weak farce. Again, what his manifesto says is "10,000 more police officers for community beats."
This thread, as sadly of late with your comments has reached farce long ago. Ah yes 10,000 extra police officers, on £30 a week? £300? £30,000? and would they have to pay for their own tickling sticks or would that be covered by the new free everything for everybody policy.

Hows Diane?
Last edited by Zooropa on Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

newcastle wrote:
Well, if the next Conservative Manifesto & Campaign is anything like the last...you could be right.

Maybe the presence of the DUP will save them. They are against abortions.

It's hilarious watching them blame each other for the debacle ( or victory as some would have it). Did no-one know what was in their manifesto? Who the hell was in charge? Who's in charge now?? To think May called the opposition a "coalition of chaos" :lol:
Those of us in touch with reality.

Isnt it about time for another super relevant Final Solution comment?
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Zooropa wrote:
As you wish.....

Has anyone noticed the irony of the Conservatives continually bleating about Corbyn's supposed links to terrorism?

The DUP were founded by former Northern Ireland terrorists. Peter Robinson, their leader until last year, was an active member of the terrorist group Ulster Resistance.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

newcastle wrote:
Zooropa wrote:
As you wish.....

Has anyone noticed the irony of the Conservatives continually bleating about Corbyn's supposed links to terrorism?

The DUP were founded by former Northern Ireland terrorists. Peter Robinson, their leader until last year, was an active member of the terrorist group Ulster Resistance.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Zooropa wrote:
newcastle wrote:
Zooropa wrote:
As you wish.....

And Theresa May built a lot of her campaign on Jeremy Corbyn's 30-year-old statements about the IRA.

Perhaps a veil should also be drawn over the DUP's position on things like abortion and gay rights, whilst some of their members have distinctly odd views on climate change and espouse creationism. Every party has its oddballs, but when these views exist in a party of 10, a party the Conservatives have to keep onside if they are to remain in power.............mmmmm....

The party was founded by The Reverend Ian "rent-a-gob" Paisley...and God/religion is in their DNA.

The DUP's increased muscle will do nothing for the fragile political situation in Northern Ireland and let's hope the Conservatives have budgeted for the increased money likely to be demanded for that part of UK.

But it's not all bad news. They may scupper May's "hard" line on border controls/immigration ( they want an 'open' border with Eire) and her "mean" position on social benefits and 'austerity' :up
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

And today's reads for the easily duped :

He's denied it of course. Well he would, wouldn't he :lol:

Ooop! That could scupper you Boris....given the capacity of the press to make mountains out of molehills. You'll be labeled as "soft on terrorism".

Just the chief berk to go then.....
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Says it all really, as it would seem to be just yourself on here that reads and comments on them.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Horus wrote:
Says it all really, as it would seem to be just yourself on here that reads and comments on them.
I have them flown over daily , in my private jet, and put them on here, free of charge, for the socially disadvantaged who like BIG headlines.

And to wind up the Thompson Twins ;)

Show a little gratitude :x