Sisi Calls for More Endurance, Patience from Egyptians

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Sisi Calls for More Endurance, Patience from Egyptians

Post by DJKeefy »

Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi called on Egyptians to be more patient in a reference to the difficult economic conditions in the country.

Sisi said on Sunday that the state is “in a race against time” to provide citizens with essential consumer goods at affordable prices, citing difficulties due to the increasing rates of consumption.

The president made the comments during an event in Qena to inaugurate a set of infrastructure development projects in Upper Egypt.

In his speech, Sisi referred to a range of measures linked to economic reforms that are intended to fix problems in the economy and bring consumer prices under control, while ensuring that the supply of goods keeps pace with demand.

He said that the economic reform program, which was launched in 2014, is necessary to ensure the Egyptian currency settles at its true value relative to the nation’s economy.

Among the key reforms introduced was the floatation of the pound in November 2016, a move that he said was essential to improving the economy.

“The state used to subsidize the value of the Egyptian pound and that was a very dangerous economic situation that got us into a lot of trouble,” Sisi said.

When the fiscal reforms, including fuel subsidy cuts and a range of new taxes, were introduced, they were described as necessary to ease a growing budget deficit. However, they resulted in price increases, hitting the nation’s poor particularly hard.

Sisi said on Sunday that ordinary citizens should be provided with a full set of figures on the economy, allowing them to keep abreast of developments.

However, he stated that consumer prices, which have risen significantly in recent months, are still cheaper than in most countries around the world, adding that “the building of nations is not an easy process; there are burdens that citizens must bear.”

The Egyptian President also addressed the challenges facing the nation in the area of agriculture and food security, since problems with supply have contributed to rising food prices.

“We produce between 8 and 10 million tons of grain and import another 10 million, while we consume a total of 18 tons annually.

Here we are not talking about an increase in demand due to the increase in population, but we are basically talking about a steep increase in our consumption,” he said.

On the other hand, because people in Egypt have used state land for personal purposes for many years for all sorts of reasons, there is no official statistics to show how much land is actually involved.

Therefore, Sisi has ordered the Egyptian army to retake state land used illegally by thousands of Egyptians as the move must be completed by the end of this month.

“No one should take something not meant for him,” Sisi announced. “Millions of Egyptians do not find anything to eat, while others use tens of thousands of acres. I swear to Allah that all acres will be retaken.”

He added that the state is ready to sell the land which is being used for significant projects.

Source: http://english.aawsat.com/mohamedhassan ... e-patience

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Re: Sisi Calls for More Endurance, Patience from Egyptians

Post by DJKeefy »

DJKeefy wrote:because people in Egypt have used state land for personal purposes for many years for all sorts of reasons, there is no official statistics to show how much land is actually involved.

Therefore, Sisi has ordered the Egyptian army to retake state land used illegally by thousands of Egyptians as the move must be completed by the end of this month.

“No one should take something not meant for him,” Sisi announced. “Millions of Egyptians do not find anything to eat, while others use tens of thousands of acres. I swear to Allah that all acres will be retaken.”

He added that the state is ready to sell the land which is being used for significant projects.

Source: http://english.aawsat.com/mohamedhassan ... e-patience
Looks like all the illegal builds are in line for demolishing :o
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Sisi said on Sunday that ordinary citizens should be provided with a full set of figures on the economy, allowing them to keep abreast of developments.
I expect they'll find that fascinating reading.....well, those that can read. :ct
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

The more re I read the more my pullover drops down my visage. :lol:
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

About time, just hope all the dust doesn't blow over my way. I can only presume that a lot of this acreage that is going to be taken back is mainly used for farming. So, are the army going to bulldoze any and all crops growing on these acres? If so, then that action will dramatically remove even more food and incomes from homes. Seems like biting ones self in the arse too me.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote:About time, just hope all the dust doesn't blow over my way. I can only presume that a lot of this acreage that is going to be taken back is mainly used for farming. So, are the army going to bulldoze any and all crops growing on these acres? If so, then that action will dramatically remove even more food and incomes from homes. Seems like biting ones self in the arse too me.
That would be madness Dusak, and I think the State is more interested in either taking over the land itself, or putting it out for proper tender without the skullduggery and corruption that characterised many deals in the Mubarak era.
Egypt's head of a committee that intends to recover looted state lands, Ibrahim Mahlab, has said that retrieving state lands need not entail demolishing buildings or destroying industrial and agricultural wealth.

The Egyptian president's aide for national and strategic projects stressed that the committee was keen on preserving investments embodied in existing buildings, no matter their nature or who built them.
http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... molis.aspx